WWOS MOLE Bulldogs sign Sione Katoa from Panthers

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Moley is the only one reporting on this, it would be funny if the board fed him false information to throw everyone off the scent of other signings.

Although Katoa has been officially confirmed to be leaving the Panthers, there’s no news or announcement from anywhere else other than the Mole.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since Moley is the only one reporting on this, it would be funny if the board fed him false information to throw everyone off the scent of other signings.

Although Katoa has been officially confirmed to be leaving the Panthers, there’s no news or announcement from anywhere else other than the Mole.
He would look so stupid if this whole thing was false.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we have sign katoa we probably still need another zac hethrington still young 19 or 20.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many Katoas are there? Is he a winger of Hooker?
There is 2 Sione katoas.. one in a winger who plays for the Sharks.. the other is a hooker who plays for Panthers..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many Katoas are there? Is he a winger of Hooker?
There two winger at the Sharks is the older brother tui katoa who plays jersey flegg canterbury cup for the dogs. Siona katoa the hooker from panthers,

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is 2 Sione katoas.. one in a winger who plays for the Sharks.. the other is a hooker who plays for Panthers..
Thanks g dog.starting to get confused farking katoas everywhere.

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have signed Penrith hooker Sione Katoa in the wake of Api Koroisau heading to the Panthers, according to WWOS.

Katoa played 48 games for the Panthers after debuting in 2015. The Penrith club came up with an offer but were beaten to the punch by a Canterbury side searching depth at the position.

The Tongan international will add strength and competition at dummy-half, where the Bulldog’s struggled in 2019. Michael Lichaa started the season packing down in the middle but is not expected to be retained by the club.

Katoa will battle out for the number nine jersey with Jeremy Marshall-King, Benji Marshall’s brother, who was a bright spark in the Bulldogs end-of-season lift.

The Doggies also put pen to paper with Dean Britt, who played eleven games for Souths in the second half of 2019, as well as Joe Stimson who came off the bench for the Storm this year.

What's the kennel think of him?

I don't know much about him??GettyImages-1151153322-696x464.jpeg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have signed Penrith hooker Sione Katoa in the wake of Api Koroisau heading to the Panthers, according to WWOS.

Katoa played 48 games for the Panthers after debuting in 2015. The Penrith club came up with an offer but were beaten to the punch by a Canterbury side searching depth at the position.

The Tongan international will add strength and competition at dummy-half, where the Bulldog’s struggled in 2019. Michael Lichaa started the season packing down in the middle but is not expected to be retained by the club.

Katoa will battle out for the number nine jersey with Jeremy Marshall-King, Benji Marshall’s brother, who was a bright spark in the Bulldogs end-of-season lift.

The Doggies also put pen to paper with Dean Britt, who played eleven games for Souths in the second half of 2019, as well as Joe Stimson who came off the bench for the Storm this year.

What's the kennel think of him?

I don't know much about him??View attachment 11400
There was another thread on this. Basically everyone thinks he is shit and it was a mistake to sign him. Typical response really. I will reserve judgement until he plays a few games for the club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Back up as Jmk just signed another 2 , May have been a wasted signing, time will tell.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hasn't been great at Penrith but probably not a great place to start your career with how things have been at the Riff so I'm keen to see how he goes at the mighty Bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's hard to get excited about signing a fellow bottom 8 teams 5th string hooker. Even if he did cost nothing.

Billy Brittain was available and would have cost a similar amount but has way more potential. I was told he was heading to us by people at Souths about a week ago. So I don't know what happened with that deal..

It's amazing how many players they've tried to sign this season and had serious talks with have ended up not signing...

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if he is not amazing, we moved on 2 hookers, so we need the depth.
Sure do. Hope he does well, I’m just more pumped that Jmk is here to stay for now , can’t wait to cheer him on next year.. Katoa , yea could fire !!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure do. Hope he does well, I’m just more pumped that Jmk is here to stay for now , can’t wait to cheer him on next year.. Katoa , yea could fire !!
I'm with you there. He has been great this year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard to get excited about signing a fellow bottom 8 teams 5th string hooker. Even if he did cost nothing.

Billy Brittain was available and would have cost a similar amount but has way more potential. I was told he was heading to us by people at Souths about a week ago. So I don't know what happened with that deal..

It's amazing how many players they've tried to sign this season and had serious talks with have ended up not signing...
Maybe your source is just not as reliable s he thinks.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Has the Penrith lad been confirmed though?