WWOS MOLE Bulldogs sign Sione Katoa from Panthers

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We tryed they all rejected us, the St George kid elected to play back up to Granville at the Cowboys over starting for us.

Why?

Are we not paying enough? At the end of the day money talks

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please be bullshit, please be bullshit...:rage:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not levi, Watson. He wants to be a permanent hooker and with brailey coming he is considering his options
Interesting ..... and there is a Dubbo connection there as well ...
anyone know how Watson played at hooker towards the end of this season ? I didn’t watch many knights games

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just use Holland as back up and dont go wasting a spot in the top 30
If JMK gets any injury we would be absolutely stuffed. You can’t rely on Holland to be the full time hooker which is what would happen if JMK goes down.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Levi, Brittain or Egan ?

Is it possibly the club will sign 2 hookers in the offseason?
Siliva Havilli would be good also... he hasn't been getting a decent run and could have provided good impact when subbed for JMK

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We tryed they all rejected us, the St George kid elected to play back up to Granville at the Cowboys over starting for us.
I remember when I was filthy we were linked to Granville... I take it but lol would much prefer him over fucking Katoa

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If JMK gets any injury we would be absolutely stuffed. You can’t rely on Holland to be the full time hooker which is what would happen if JMK goes down.
Considering Pay had Cogger warming the bench for no reason, Cogger and Holland could share the hooker duties if JMK was down.

If Lewis or Foran (highly likely) go down we have Wakeham.

At this stage for 1 year only (2020), i dont see the point on wasting a top 30 spot for Katoa or some other fringey, unless we were to nab a player like Verrells.

Either promote a junior or strengthen another position with a quality player and target a quality hooker for 2021

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think cogger will ends up a 14 and once his d improves will be a great utility off the bench if pay uses him right,wakeham/foz/lewis sbe our halves rotation

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering Pay had Cogger warming the bench for no reason, Cogger and Holland could share the hooker duties if JMK was down.

If Lewis or Foran (highly likely) go down we have Wakeham.

At this stage for 1 year only (2020), i dont see the point on wasting a top 30 spot for Katoa or some other fringey, unless we were to nab a player like Verrells.

Either promote a junior or strengthen another position with a quality player and target a quality hooker for 2021
I’d rather have a second hooker in the top 30 no matter who it is. I’m not impressed by what I have seen in Katoa so far at all but I’d take him when the alternative is using 2 players there that have never spent any significant time at hooker. It’s just way too big of a risk to only have one genuine hooker in the squad. Cogger and Holland could share it but in all likely hood it’s going to be the worst hooking combo in the game.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott a chance? You know he’ll be in there somewhere

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I actually think cogger will ends up a 14 and once his d improves will be a great utility off the bench if pay uses him right,wakeham/foz/lewis sbe our halves rotation
His defence is already decent though. He always puts his body infront and cops the hit... kids not scared of contact. If our defence as a team is solid and we always get 3 into the tackle, he's not an issue at all.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliott a chance? You know he’ll be in there somewhere
I guess you could put Elliott there to get through a game if there’s a injury but you couldn’t expect him to do anymore then that.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't want Katoa the 3 I would look at but only offer short term deal is Joey lussick been Killing it over in super league and still remains un signed for next year Isaac Luke 1 year minimum and the other would be James segyaro Katoa is definitely a shit signing if the club signs him

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather always on the so called super cheap deal. But hey we do need another hooker, and no not keep lichaa ffs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't want Katoa the 3 I would look at but only offer short term deal is Joey lussick been Killing it over in super league and still remains un signed for next year Isaac Luke 1 year minimum and the other would be James segyaro Katoa is definitely a shit signing if the club signs him
If he's on minimal wage-150k and we sign Harry Grant for 2021 it doesn't really matter. Katoa can play reserves 2021/22.