WWOS MOLE Bulldogs sign Sione Katoa from Panthers

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the reality of the situation, I'm not saying I'm happy with it. Who's the other options Isaac Luke, Segeyaro, Brittain, Levi or re-sign Lichaa?

You can't have JMK on his own, who will play if he's injured. Cogger was junk there.
Segeyaro or luke on a one year deal and then make a play for a top hooker 2021... signing dud reserve graders is not the right option

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Segeyaro or luke on a one year deal and then make a play for a top hooker 2021... signing dud reserve graders is not the right option
Sorry to say but it's become this clubs way of thinking. Hasler tried to sign injury prone players making them into stars and it seems Chris Andersons way of thinking is similar (diamond in the rough). Hopefully with him taking a step back from things this might change.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players can be very different under different coaches, team and environment when changing clubs so I'd give this signing the benefit of the doubt until we see more of him. Who's to say DWZ didn't recommend him as maybe he see's more in him than we do because he has played along side him. While I definitely thought we'd go for a more experienced hooker, let's just give the guy a chance i say.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to say but it's become this clubs way of thinking. Hasler tried to sign injury prone players making them into stars and it seems Chris Andersons way of thinking is similar (diamond in the rough). Hopefully with him taking a step back from things this might change.
Nothing more then a panic buy mate, that’s all it was...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's the reality of the situation, I'm not saying I'm happy with it. Who's the other options Isaac Luke, Segeyaro, Brittain, Levi or re-sign Lichaa?

You can't have JMK on his own, who will play if he's injured. Cogger was junk there.
Exactly, we need someone that can come in and do a job if required for a year or two until better options hit the market. Brittain was the ideal signing imo considering what was available.

dubdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe not a top 30 but to play nsw cup with his brother

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa is absolute dogshit. Cant believe we signed him as he is just like Lichaa. Bad signing.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where does this leave Billy Brittain? Is he not coming?

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have watched this guy a fair bit, and I remember saying to a mate that at least Lichaa is better than this bloke. FMD this better be for cup

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Katoa was Panthers 4th choice Hooker going into next season. Katoa was behind Koroisau, Kenny and Egan.

We just have to hope Katoa is on minimal wage-150k.
We also have to hope that we're going to be doing everything in our power to sign Harry Grant for 2021, even if it's offers upwards of 500k. You'd think we could get him for that.

Look, we needed another NRL ready Hooker for next season because JMK is all we had. The options after Koroisau were grim and we knew that before letting Panthers sign him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm prepared to give him a chance, like I would most players when they first pull on the blue and white. He has been a very good player in juniors and reggies, just seems to have not quite been able to find his way in the top grade. In this sense he is similar to Lichaa, but, unlike him, Katoa is coming to the Bulldogs as a player with nearly 50 NRL appearances under his belt and a big question mark hanging over his head, "can this bloke make it in first grade?". Lichaa came here with every expectation that he would be a top player. He wasn't. Katoa is coming from the other direction, he has to prove himself. If the new environment/team/coach doesn't help him step it up, then its probably no great loss. At the least he provides a bit of a safety net, it would be insane going into a season with only one player with 20+ games experience in dummy half.

If he plays reserves most of the season, so be it. He can share the role with Hetherington or one of our other prospects. Chances are the club is hoping to develop a dummy half from the juniors, and having Katoa around for 2 or 3 seasons isn't going to prevent that.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
U obviously haven't seen him play,very good player,and hasn't cost the earth,
No, I have. He's garbage but thanks for the feedback.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have watched this guy a fair bit, and I remember saying to a mate that at least Lichaa is better than this bloke. FMD this better be for cup
Hopefully just for next season to get through it incase JMK gets injured, might get some NRL game time doing the Lichaa role (20-30 minutes at the start of the game and coming on with 5-10 minutes left) or just being on the bench. After next season hopefully he's in reserve grade and we have Harry Grant.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
IM FUCKING PISSED ....
We have just shown what a fucking weak club we are. First we lose the Koriosau to Penrith, then we take their worst hooker off the books for them. I would have preferred Levi or Lichaa over this fucker given how it makes us look. What happened to Billy Brittain?

We may have finished the season well, be we have a long way to go before we are back as a strong club with decisions like this...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please break it down for me.
Why is he shit?
From what I have seen he has a good passing game, holds ball with 2 hands, threatens the line and tackles well.
Only a couple of weeks ago when watching Penrith mainly to see egan play , I wished at that time that we went for this guy instead ,, he looks dangerous in attack and tackles well
IM FUCKING PISSED ....
We have just shown what a fucking weak club we are. First we lose the Koriosau to Penrith, then we take their worst hooker off the books for them. I would have preferred Levi or Lichaa over this fucker given how it makes us look. What happened to Billy Brittain?

We may have finished the season well, be we have a long way to go before we are back as a strong club with decisions like this...