Bulldogs sign promising fijian star on train n trial

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A Fijian youngster has been given the chance of a rugby league lifetime - a shot at the big time with Canterbury Bankstown.

The Bulldogs have signed promising 22-year-old Penioni Tagituimua to a train and trial contract.

Tagituimua has already played three Tests for Fiji and represented the Silktails in the shortened NSW Cup last year.

A halfback/hooker in the Api Koroisau mould, Tagituimua has been training with the Bulldogs in the pre-season and will be given a chance to show his wares in the trials early next year.

The powerfully built utility has already won over his team-mates at the Bulldogs.

"He is a great kid and he never stops smiling," Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould told Wide World of Sports.

"The boys call him 'Peni' for short.

"He has a long way to go but we will see how he goes."

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds promising. Gus is searching far and wide for these train and trial players which is something the club hasn't done enough of for years. He won't hit on most of them but I'm sure he'll find one or two bargain buys that will make an impact at some stage.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I wonder if Brad Fittler with his links to Fiji got in Gus's ear.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if they have had an eye on this kid prior to Gus joining the club.

Played off the bench for the Bears against Mounties earlier in the year and made some good dummy half runs, solid tackles and most importantly great service from the ruck.

Also good to note that he was the only domestic Fijian player to make the Fiji Bati squad that played Lebanon back in 2019 and played off the bench.
Has played with Wakeham, Kikau and Lumelume.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he can have a better career than a fijian half/hooker we had in the past. Aaron groom i think

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep, we groomed him but it didn’t work out
my mate was his manager, used to talk him up big time, had potential but just didnt get to where they thought.