News Bulldogs sign Matt Mundine.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine signing a park footy player for a year on park footy money to make up the numbers in our nsw cup squad. It’s almost like we had a spot to fill so we filled it.

How unprofessional
I dont think so. Matt mundine has the skills and talent to blow away most of these halfs in the comp. Dogs took a very small gamble on a huge talent. Now its up to mundine to do the hard work if he wants it bad enough.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope he can act better then Choc. Or take a punch better. Seems our club is more worried about helping mates then winning games.
Andersons are wankers. Vote them out soon

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You prove one thing to me, you don’t need a long neck to be a goose.. Anderson’s have come back to a club with huge salary cap issues to fix.. They have rid our club of bad attitudes and over paid, under achievers aka Woods, Mbye and Klem.. Mate why don’t you do us all a favor and give yourself an uppercut..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You prove one thing to me, you don’t need a long neck to be a goose.. Anderson’s have come back to a club with huge salary cap issues to fix.. They have rid our club of bad attitudes and over paid, under achievers aka Woods, Mbye and Klem.. Mate why don’t you do us all a favor and give yourself an uppercut..
The rebuilding of the juniors they have done in such a short amount of time is phenomenal. The Canterbury-Bankstown junior league has been completely overhauled, the new relationship with the mid north coast and the strong showing in junior competitions this year shows they aren’t just sitting on their hands. The issues we have aren’t a quick fix but we are making progress.

People blaming the board over every single issue and calling for them to be replaced is getting old very quickly. A board should be sitting in the background and not really seen or heard from it’s the CEO’s responsiblity for all the day to day things. The problem is Dib blurred the lines and people think it’s their responsibility now.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think so. Matt mundine has the skills and talent to blow away most of these halfs in the comp. Dogs took a very small gamble on a huge talent. Now its up to mundine to do the hard work if he wants it bad enough.
Matt has size, a great passing & running game and one of the best general kicking games. He was an absolute standout in Holden Cup. If he knuckles down and can get a start in our ISP we may just have a diamond in the rough

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone associated with the Boys know Matt Mundines playing weight now? Should go alright In ISP if fit this year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone associated with the Boys know Matt Mundines playing weight now? Should go alright In ISP if fit this year.
Not sure but he’s playing off the bench in a ISP trial at Belmore on Saturday night.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure but he’s playing off the bench in a ISP trial at Belmore on Saturday night.
Yeah that’s what grabbed my attention. I saw him listed. There appears to be quite a few known ISP players missing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what grabbed my attention. I saw him listed. There appears to be quite a few known ISP players missing.
The majority if not all of that side named will be playing from Cabramatta. No point risking anyone from the top 30 in that game.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I agree woods and Mbye are massive under achievers but I feel Klemmer will be a big loss for us. He's a quality prop and probably will be for many years to come.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The majority if not all of that side named will be playing from Cabramatta. No point risking anyone from the top 30 in that game.
Probably also a case of we know what we are getting with Top 30 ISP players. Time to let the fringe guys battle it out and fill in the gaps we'll have in ISP when Top 30 players drop back.

There's bound to be a few.

Last year was a bit of a mess (despite winning the comp and State Championship) as the halves and other positions were constantly being changed. Not a lot of consistency in the lineup.

Hopefully this year it's much more stable across all grades with minimal injuries and the only changes being players pushing hard with form to be promoted.

D'Rhys Miller and Josh Bergamin are at Wenty now. Played a reserve grade trial v Southsast night.
Miller never really took off. Looked promising but never stepped up. Kinda like To'omgaa is at in his career (needs to stamp his place this year).
Bergamin was a decent prospect, not sure why we moved him on (maybe too much depth coming through?).

I agree woods and Mbye are massive under achievers but I feel Klemmer will be a big loss for us. He's a quality prop and probably will be for many years to come.
Speaking of Mbye (laughs to himself). He's been promoted as captain of Tigers. Moses Mouthbye lol ... so expect more talk and less action again @Tacky.