News Bulldogs sign Matt Mundine.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To keep Reimis happy would be his only possible use. Just how desperate has our club become, and I thought that Dib made some panic decisions.
Surely if we have become that desperate why can't we be looking for other alternatives and I don't necessarily mean other players, like fighting back against the media who have been responsible for maligning our club to such an extent that players don't want to stay, or come to our club.
Wow talk about jumping to conclusions...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I doubt he'll get a run given his history. Is he's costing SFA in the salary cap and is signed to keep Reimis happy then it's something I can live with. He probably won't even be in our top 30 and will remain in the NSW Cup.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree it's a nothing signing and not worth the pen and paper so why even bother, unless it was for some obscure reason, which is what worries me.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not a top 30 signing. Do you actually think they would waste a top 30 spot on a bloke that hasn't played in a professional full time environemt in 10 years?

Part time reserve grade signing much like Toa Mata'afa.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
This signing doesn't worry me.

The fact the Andersons are doing deals with people like Anthony Mundine based on the old mates club is what worries me going forward.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I see it as very low risk gamble, next to zero cost for some potential upside. From what I remember he could actually play, his head just wasn't in the right place. Maybe he has sorted himself out and might just offer something, worth a try. If he doesn't shape up then he will get quickly shipped out, much like Moses Suli who found the exit sign pretty rapidly when he didn't.

Go Dogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha....
No way....
Who the heck is Mundine to our club?? We dont owe anyone anything.... esp that has-been wannabe... or his relos or his crew..
Let him take his "talented" relos to the dragons or broncos...
Remis never even credits Mundine for anything.... its always about his dad...
Settle down mate the club has more teams to fill than just first grade. Why u upset with me for giving an opinion that makes more sence than the dribble u just served up.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And for all of u that did not see this kid play. If his attitude was right he would of been twice as good as any half we have had since sherwin so who are we to jump all over him when most of yez admit u never seen him play.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would be on a nothing contract, defiantly not top 30
Be on chips, and wouldn't affect our top tier cap anyway
People get a bit carried away
Exactly. Not every player we sign is to play first grade. Guy would be on peanuts. Will float between intrust and Ron Massey. And I guess if he has the drive and the commitment he could potentially push for a first grade spot.

But this guy can be more of a mentor to the younger kids that don’t put in. And we lost a few reserve grade players. So people don’t need to worry. I would think part time contract at most so wouldn’t affect the cap at all unless he plays the full season of nrl which won’t happen.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe just keeping “the man” happy as part of a plan to bring SBW back for a swansong

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
We should sing George Rose as his halves partner. Imagine the weight combination between them, biggest halves pairing known to man. One ton between the ***** :tearsofjoy:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know it was a long while ago but his skills and silky hands back in the NYC days were definitely a pleasure to watch.

Who knows what he’s like now but clearly it’s a very low-risk gamble, not worth getting excited about, but definitely not worth getting your knickers in a knot about also.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see it as very low risk gamble, next to zero cost for some potential upside. From what I remember he could actually play, his head just wasn't in the right place. Maybe he has sorted himself out and might just offer something, worth a try. If he doesn't shape up then he will get quickly shipped out, much like Moses Suli who found the exit sign pretty rapidly when he didn't.

Go Dogs
100% spot on its a no risk gamble that if it comes off awesome if not no big deal but if he’s training the house down he clearly has the drive and he obviously has talent so certainly worth a try

Reactions: GDR

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So what are you saying Assassin??? Are you calling Reimis Smith a parasite also??? I mean since they are related.
If the head parasite stays away from him, he will be fine.

Or he is 1/64th mundine lol