Official Bulldogs sign Jack Hetherington

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll add some much needed starch to your pack. And he can fight like a thrashing machine.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard to get a complete picture from highlight reels. But having seen those, he's quick, has some footwork, an offload and he's aggressive. These are all things that can be valuable if used right.

With the set restart rules in place, it could become very important to have that extra bit of pace in positions where once big boppers were fine to use given that there were plenty of chances to sub them out when fatigue set in. I'm not sure if the substitutions are still being reduced or not. But if they do get reduced again, I can see that the bigger players will potentially become a hindrance rather than an asset. I'll just cross my fingers and hope that our recruitment and retention somehow compliments the changes that are being made to rules and we're able to exceed all our expectations next year and become a premiership threat. My expectations aren't huge, but it never hurts to be hopeful.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems more like a hot head but yet too see any actual hits that have connected. He missed Hargreaves and engaged in a push and shove.... Meh

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you just did lol
Nope, expressing how a signing makes one feel and judging how good a player is 2 very different things.. just like being opinionated and being judgemental.. in my opinion they are 2 very different things that are commonly misconstrued....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seems more like a hot head but yet too see any actual hits that have connected. He missed Hargreaves and engaged in a push and shove.... Meh
Aggression is good but I think too many people confuse it for recklessness and poor discipline and in Hetheringtons case that's exactly what it is. He has plenty to learn in terms of decision making and discipline and if people think he doesn't need to make any changes to his game then gl with him staying on the field for us lol.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Personally I’d give Stimson another go. He came back underdone and a bit off the pace but he’s got the opportunity to have a full pre season now. Was well regarded down in Melbourne so hopefully we can get something out of him.
Agree with this. Way too early to call him a flop at this stage. In fact I’m willing to give the vast majority of our leftover squad from last year the benefit of the doubt until I see how they go under a completely different coaching staff.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Personally I’d give Stimson another go. He came back underdone and a bit off the pace but he’s got the opportunity to have a full pre season now. Was well regarded down in Melbourne so hopefully we can get something out of him.
Yeah true I feel like half of TK has written him off after 2 games. Surely there’s something there with Stimson. Hopefully he’s fit come 2021

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many forwards leave the Storm and flop? Stimson was already on the decline before he even joined us so it's not looking good.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How many forwards leave the Storm and flop? Stimson was already on the decline before he even joined us so it's not looking good.
Was he really on the decline? I think Bellamy just invested less into him when he signed with us but I’ve heard Melbourne players rated him... I reckon Baz will push him, they are both from Temura and ex St Greg’s boys.. plus we have plenty of back rowers he’s not guaranteed a start in the 17 unless he performs.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was he really on the decline? I think Bellamy just invested less into him when he signed with us but I’ve heard Melbourne players rated him... I reckon Baz will push him, they are both from Temura and ex St Greg’s boys.. plus we have plenty of back rowers he’s not guaranteed a start in the 17 unless he performs.
Honestly mate, don’t waste your time with her. She’d be negative about anyone we sign. Stimson was carrying injury, could barely train and then was out the whole year. I’ll give the bloke a chance

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly mate, don’t waste your time with her. She’d be negative about anyone we sign. Stimson was carrying injury, could barely train and then was out the whole year. I’ll give the bloke a chance
Yeah I think we can expect more from him when he is fit.