1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Official Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Mitch Connor, Jan 16, 2018.

1. rainman

rainman Immortal

61-0

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. GrogDog

GrogDog bad attitude

Would be curious to know what sort of coin was spent on him. Have a look at how Hasler's approach of not dropping players turned out for us. This is suppose to be professional sport where you earn your spot and then play harder to keep it. Maybe Pay is intentionally doing this stuff to show and prove to these guys that if they want to be a part of this than you MUST earn it. I'm all for competition as it truly brings the best out of those who have what it takes, those that falter can get fuked for all I care. Players need to give the coach no choice but to pick them!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

I wouldnt be too worried about any of these signings. They were haslers signings, and Pay has every right to build a team that he wants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Neither do I but I'm sure he would do well as a 5/8

5. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Enthusiast

I think a lot of people are forgetting we also lost keighran to the panthers, so if nothing else cogger is his replacement, and a depth signing. But if he is good enough then he may become oir long term hb.

6. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

Yeah, but that's only when you are there! LOL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dogzzz of War

Dogzzz of War Forum Regular

What are we paying him?

8. chisdog

chisdog Kennel Enthusiast

GRRR, I remember round 12 1982 as we were leading Wests until just after half time. Trevor was on the hill eating a meat pie & got the call up for the bench. He came on & scored 2 tries to win the game for them.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Lol who gives a fkuk what they are thinking or if they are emotionally upset. We in the busniness to win

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kelpie03

Kelpie03 Forum Regular

Even if he is by far the worst half in the comp their is no need to rubbish him like that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  11. yearofthedogs2018

yearofthedogs2018 Forum Regular

brown wont be shown the door, hes being treated as a major signing along with woods and foran

12. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

I see Brown on the bench as a utility player. He's a big enough body to slot in anywhere from 6/7/9, and maybe second row/lock but playing as a third half (like some clubs did last year).

Cleeland, Lewis, Marshall King, Wakeham, Cogger, Frawley ... gees we have some halves at the moment.

My concern is that the Knights didn't even bother to offer him a contract, meaning either he isn't that great (they deem him less than Lamb/Pearce/Hodko) or has been promised a first grade spot with us (which means the others listed above will consider moving on).

If we don't get him this year, then I have concerns. Why would you put heart and soul in if you are most likely to be replaced in a years time.

13. Ant2611

Ant2611 Forum Regular

Me thinks you will be disapointed

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ant2611

Ant2611 Forum Regular

Well said we rubbish too many of our players and the season hasn't even started yet

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sxc_Boi69

Sxc_Boi69 Immortal Gilded

He simply isn't good enough, ask anyone that watched our ISP side play. I have said it so many times, but our ISP side was a better team without him in it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blue & White Dynamite

Blue & White Dynamite Participant

How does this signing raise questions? If anything Cogger’s signing possibly gives us the answer to our halfback dilema ( I say POSSIBLY loosely) Not one of our current halves have exactly stood up and grabbed the position by the neck and made it their own have they? Nor have they made the club and coach say this is the guy that’s going to be our halfback for the next decade! Frawley, Cleeland, Brown and co have no right to whinge about the Bulldogs signing a great young half with potential, they are all early to mid twentys and have had many a chance at many clubs to prove they are deserved of the starting halfback postion yet they have not done so. To be honest I don’t have a good feeling about any of our current halves, none of them inspire me, merely make me believe they are only gap fillers til we find our next long term solution.

• Like Like x 3
  17. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Immortal

Im not saying hes great but he did some decent things in FG...

2 games I can think of VS Brisbane set the win up with his short kicking

VS Parra took it to extra time with his dummy and run and try under post

He has ability.. too early to write him off, especially with our dud attack under our Ex Coach

Between Frawley & Cleeland I dont know whos better but I wont write any of them off yet

• Like Like x 2
  18. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Immortal

Lets hope his dad teaches him a few things.. looks like hes got the right DNA

• Like Like x 1
  19. zac hollywood

zac hollywood Participant

anybody who watched this kid play a handful of first grade games will see this kid is rubbish what a waste of a signing people will say hes only 20 but the kid has nothing even brown said he wasn't up to it

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  20. Natboy

Natboy Immortal

Sack Dean Pay! He clearly knows nothing & must’ve had his eyes closed when coaching juniors in origin!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2