Official Bulldogs sign Fa amanu Brown

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me that after 3 or 4 games, some on TK will be telling us how much better value Nu Brown is compared to Reed Mahoney..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has played mostly in the halves, is he a flanno option when he fails?

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knowing our luck as beloved bulldogs fans, all this talk about Moses, Crichton, douehi and we will end up with Nu Brown, Josh reynolds and Nathan brown

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that’s just wasting cash for the sale of it

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Need forwards and a lock aswell so Nathan Brown signing makes sense. Parra will chip in for nek year aswell.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% correct, with Para chipping in for this yr and a possibility of a swap deal with Corey Allen hmmm hmmm

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i wont lie, Nu Brown is actually an ok player, alright hooker and not bad in the halves and the only reason he was let go by us to begin with was because Dean Pay had a personal grudge against him. We signed him as big name player and Pay completely squashed him out until he was forced to use him the following season, in the short stints he played he played rather well in dud team to say the least and probably could partner burto in the halves quite easily he is not a silly player he is a half/5,8 with hooker option and may have a good squad around him in 2023 to show his full potential

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t think he will see first grade but at least it’s some experience if he’s needed

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we’re signing 2 Browns are we? Don’t mind Nathan Brown to be fair. Nu Brown is a good signing. Will be good back up for Mahoney and can play multiple positions. Probably a sign that Reynolds won’t make the top 30.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put it this way.. Worst case Brown may end up doing nothing. May end up being nothing more than a Reserve Grade player.. But if so, he cost nothing and can be let go next year..

If he plays a half a dozen games and can help us win a game or two with some spark off the bench, then we've already got a return on the investment.. Either way it's a low risk signing..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm on the fence so I can go either way, bag or give him a wrap if he exceeds my somewhat low expectations..how do we know he cost fuck all when he knocked back the tiges offer...?

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing in that it's only for the year and he has improved a lot as is usually the case when players make it to representative level it only improves their game when they go back to NRL level, and he's certainly improved within a quality Samoa side at the world cup. Did help us win the Reserve Grade GF in 2018 as well. Maybe Wests had to offload him after securing Klemmer for 3 years.

Not so sold on Nathan Brown being signed, unless it's for the 1 year. Next season is another step or two up the ladder, could even press for top 8 but feel everything is aimed at being Premiership material in '24 and or '25.

We can't sign to many more big-name players for next season, maybe one, but the club needs to sign these types of players on 1-year deals as a means to an end, to offload for who we really want in '24. They did it last season with Dufty and Vaughn and are doing it again for next season, which I don't mind as I feel there will be a massive clean out at the end of next season with a number of players off contract with us and a few big-name signings on our radar for '24.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm on the fence so I can go either way, bag or give him a wrap if he exceeds my somewhatlow expectations..how do we know he cost fuck all when he knocked back the tiges offer...?
A bench/fringe first grade player at a bottom 8 club who is at the back end of his career isn't going to get much more than the minimum. The difference between the offers might have been 25-50k which isn't much for the clubs cap situation, but a lot for a journeyman player like Nu Brown.