Bulldogs sign Corey Harawira-neara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith are really clearing the decks after the CHN release. There are rumblings about Maloney moving to the Gold Coast and Merrin going to the Knights

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
This guy is super good but why did we buy him for. He is a backrower but I've heard he used to play centre is that true.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just glad to have some depth and competition for the 2 starting, and one bench, backrow spots. CHN is gonna be hard to keep out of the other edge role (Jacko's the backrow certainty of course). I don't believe we've signed CHN to play centre. Maybe if we have lots of injuries or a centre goes down in a game, but he's a backrower for sure. Martin is very good, including his general play (much better defender than RFM), but goal kicking shouldn't be the criteria for backrow spots.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Penrith are really clearing the decks after the CHN release. There are rumblings about Maloney moving to the Gold Coast and Merrin going to the Knights
Rats jumping a sinking ship, controlled by a slug.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We went back to the old school Bulldog mentality, as Bullfrog said "If you think you have enough forwards, buy 2 more" lol
And we probably have a one of the most versatile and mobile packs in the comp now..

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin is a decent defender, mobile and can play 80 min. He is alway sniffing around in support and in ISP showed some nice attacking skills with some ball playing and short kicks, so that may still come in the top grade. If he keeps kicking at over 85% I think he will be in the run on team.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
chn / rfm are definately ahead of martin sorry guys. Won't be a starting backrower unless injury or some sort of crazy pre season and improves his flaws.
Do you think CHN is a chance at left centre?
Otherwise who’s in line to replace J-Moz?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent seen him at ctr but if im not mistaken, when penrith lose a ctr mid game through injury, they move yeo or even kikau to cover the position

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally haven’t seen him play so I’m completely reliant on the opinions of good kennel folk like yourself.

Regardless how he goes next year, I‘m excited about the idea of even more juniors being given a shot...as sad as that sounds

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't want him at Centre at all, he's not laterally quick enough.

Good signing for the club and he should be starting on our right edge with RFM/Martin on the left edge and Jackson at 13.

He'll make Foran's life a lot easier next year cause he runs great lines at speed.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coach Mick Potter said, "His defence is outstanding but what is even more impressive is that he wins the tackles. He doesn't get beaten on the ground. As well as being aggressive he dominates his tackles and that comes from his leg-drive and his strength."
And was that meant to prove his a 2nd rower like the comment u replied too?
Coz that proves no position

Status
Not open for further replies.