Reaction score
Hopefully the new administration learnt from mistakes made by the old one

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Glad we are attracting good young players, but I'm not getting to carried away until I see who the starting backrow is.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
meaney
crichton
hoppa
montoya/holland
smith
foran
lewis
tolman
seggy (hopefully)
klemmer
rfm
chn
jacko

danny
ogden
martin
elliot

this is what im hearing will most likely be our starting team depending on pre season.
martin will be a bench/reserve grader. My source strikes again on chn haha.
Has to be Holland, no way I'd have Montoya in there.
I don't mind Hoppa on the Wing. He's definately not a centre.
I really hope we don't get Seggy, he's not the palyer he once was, I loved him when he was at the cowboys. Waste of Money IMO.
I really like that starting back row as well, it's a gun backrow! But I hope Jackson doesn't get used a battering ram up the middle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't get playing Martin off the bench, either start him or drop him back
Yup, Martin starts on the edge or you don't play him at all, not at all versatile enough imo. I also hope we don't go down the path of pissing away interchange on our edge forwards, much rather use as many possible on our middle to keep intensity high for the full 80.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chn and rfm are way better than martin. Martin has no footwork at all. While the two both have great footwork at the line and both are very hard to handle.
Yeah they are but neither of them are kicking at 95%, there's no point in having that kind of goal kicker on the bench when that's the main reason he's in the team

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SUE Will be there sorry forgot about him could be in place off martin. Definately not in future plans i.e resigning for one year . Montoya most likely will be in the team if we do not buy a centre ( we are on the lookout for one desperately) like i said joseph manu is on the radar even though he has re - signed but his late merge of form will probably keep him at the roosters . They were preparing to offload him for cap pressure.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Corey Harawira-Naera Joins the Pack
Author
bulldogs.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 3 Sep 2018, 09:15 AM
Share on social media
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have added a further piece to their new-look squad for next year with the signing of exciting Penrith back-rower Corey Harawira-Naera for the next four years.

The talented 23 year-old, who was born in New Zealand, made his NRL debut for the Panthers in 2017, scoring a try in his first match against Newcastle.

He has currently made 44 NRL appearances for the Panthers over the past two seasons, scoring 13 tries.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted to be able to sign someone of Harawira-Naera's quality:

"Signing someone of Corey's calibre and potential is a great coup for the Bulldogs and comes on the back of a strong finish to our 2018 season. Dean Pay and his coaching staff have helped develop some talented young players this year and the addition of Corey to the squad will add both quality and strength to our forward pack for next season and beyond."

CONFIRMED.

Cant be true mr i debunked this

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL Bulldogs‏Verified account @NRL_Bulldogs
Welcome to the Pack, Corey!
DETAILS - http://bit.ly/2PoCuel #proudtobeabulldog

4:15 PM - 2 Sep 2018

6 replies10 retweets98 likes

1. New conversation

2. Rock II 85‏ @Patriots_AML 6h6 hours ago
      Replying to @NRL_Bulldogs
      This guy is some talent! Nice pick up.

1 reply0 retweets3 likes
    3. 1 more reply

1. Joel W‏ @joelw087 3h3 hours ago
      Good pickup for the Dogs. Would of like to see him in the @WestsTigers colours.

0 replies0 retweets1 like

1. ♡ Crystal ♡ RNBO‏ @crystaljnapper 6h6 hours ago
      Can’t wait to have him
      he’s a gun player

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

1. New conversation

2. Darren Harper‏ @holden4ever 5h5 hours ago
      Best new signing so far. Hoping the rumour we're trying to get Segeyaro is true. Lichaa has been a lot better than he was under Hasler but we still need someone better. The new players (including Lewis etc) and the way we ended the season gives me hope for next year. Go Dogs.

1 reply0 retweets2 likes
    3. 2 more replies

1. Jameszac‏ @Jameszac5 6h6 hours ago
      Good pick up dogs bring on 19 A league is boring

0 replies0 retweets1 like

1. Blazen91‏ @Blazeen91 5h5 hours ago
      As other's have said, this is a great pick up for us. Help's bolster our forward pack. Great pick up! Are we going to be locking down some of our own youngsters?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
SUE Will be there sorry forgot about him could be in place off martin. Definately not in future plans i.e resigning for one year . Montoya most likely will be in the team if we do not buy a centre ( we are on the lookout for one desperately) like i said joseph manu is on the radar even though he has re - signed but his late merge of form will probably keep him at the roosters . They were preparing to offload him for cap pressure.
He will start every game unless injured. He would be in the first 5 or 6 id pick each week. Hes plays fine and kicks like El Masri. If u dont think it matters you would be a nuffie. A top kicker can turn those 2 or 4 point losses into wins. Also, the only reason hes on 1 year contract is he asked for it. Keeps him hungry apparently

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He will start every game unless injured. He would be in the first 5 or 6 id pick each week. Hes plays fine and kicks like El Masri. If u dont think it matters you would be a nuffie. A top kicker can turn those 2 or 4 point losses into wins. Also, the only reason hes on 1 year contract is he asked for it. Keeps him hungry apparently
Yep exactly, just look at the top 8 this season, One win separated them all with points diff pretty much making up their positions, in particular look at 5,6,7th place, 9 points difference between three teams, kick a few goals (or miss) and all of a sudden a knock out final is played at or away from home.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’m pretty sure Martin only wanted a year in this contract. He loves the club and wants to stay, just backs himself for a better contract next time. It’s great if he wants to stay hungry.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they are but neither of them are kicking at 95%, there's no point in having that kind of goal kicker on the bench when that's the main reason he's in the team
Dont get me wrong I think martin is a good player. Its just that I think rfm and chn are better. You pick the best players that you have in that position. Chn and rfm are way better players then martin. Like I said both great footwork hard to handle, both def very well both are super quick for backrowers. Martin doesn't have any footwork is nowhere near as quick as these two.

Martin might be a great goal kicker but if you have a better player that plays in that position in general play then you always pick the better player. General play outweighs goal kicking. Besides there are others in the team that can goal kick i.e holland meaney. Ill admit there not as good as martin. But holland if he makes the team that is has kicked 17 striaght. Meaney isnt a great goal kicker but with more training can improve just like martin did.

With lewis a hopefully fit foran in the havles and having chn with rfm running great lines and angles with footwork at pace both our edges will be devastating. Martin just doesnt have the pace and footwork of rfm and chn. We will need to find a goal kicker elsewhere. Besides rfm and chn are on way longer deals then martin therefore obviously pay has then ahead of martin.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You pick the best players that you have in that position. Chn and rfm are way better players then martin. Like I said both great footwork hard to handle, both def very well both are super quick for backrowers. Martin doesn't have any footwork is nowhere near as quick as these two.

Martin might be a great goal kicker but if you have a better player that plays in that position in general play then you always pick the better player. General play outweighs goal kicking.
I'm not arguing with that, I'm saying if Martin isn't starting then we shouldn't be burning a bench spot for him

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not arguing with that, I'm saying if Martin isn't starting then we shouldn't be burning a bench spot for him
Sorry misunderstood. Yes I agree both edges should be playing 80 mins. Martin nsw cup for me. No point having Martin on the bench unless he can play in the middle which he cant.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are getting all jizzy about Martin. He goes OK, but he is being elevated because of his goalkicking.
Sue, Elliott, Jackson, RFM, are all better 2nd rowers than him. If he starts on the bench, Holland can do the kicking.
Really simples.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sue is no backrower...

Status
Not open for further replies.