Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think theres every chance his suspension will be reduced with "time served" taken into consideration.
Theres a lot of NRL players who have done worse and got off lighter.
The club has a good chance of a reduction application being successful. Might even be 2023.
Mate you could be right, I don’t know if there’s precedence for this type of thing, reduction of time for “time served” etc.

Are there any other sports people who’ve been caught for performance enhancing drugs that have been allowed to come back early/not serving their whole suspension time … because personally I can’t see it happening, sends a bad message and they’re wanting to come down harder on this type of thing ..

I don’t think we’ll see him until the 2024 season ..

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
from memory he is a left centre. Alamoti on the right. nice

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate you could be right, I don’t know if there’s precedence for this type of thing, reduction of time for “time served” etc.

Are there any other sports people who’ve been caught for performance enhancing drugs that have been allowed to come back early/not serving their whole suspension time … because personally I can’t see it happening, sends a bad message and they’re wanting to come down harder on this type of thing ..

I don’t think we’ll see him until the 2024 season ..
It has nothing to do with the NRLol though. Its all up to ASADA.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is explosive over a short distance and this can be enough to create opportunities at centre. In full flight, no not fast.
Yes he's explosive like a Ramien type, but even then i'd still say he's quite slow in that regards. I have no issue with that for a centre as long as his acceleration doesn't become an issue and we hopefully put some pace outside him. I still think Kiraz is the best centre at the club right now though.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he's explosive like a Ramien type, but even then i'd still say he's quite slow in that regards. I have no issue with that for a centre as long as his acceleration doesn't become an issue and we hopefully put some pace outside him. I still think Kiraz is the best centre at the club right now though.
FMD Mutt, you are not blind, so what the fark is with this "quite slow" bullshit? What is you agenda here? Xerri isn't slow, he has never been slow, he was express fast, as fast as JAC on several occasions, topping 34 kph in many games. Roger Fabri's comments "was absolutely flying", "was ready to become the fastest player in the NRL when the season resumed, eclipsing even Melbourne flyer Josh Addo-Carr". Somehow I trust Fabri's opinion over yours. He's only 22 FFS, not remotely old enough to have lost any pace, in fact he at the age where he is probably still getting faster. It's not like he has been injured, he had a shoulder recon, but his legs are in perfect condition.

I know your response, bulked up, put on weight, too much gym, weights, blah blah blah. Hello, he's only 22 he can loose whatever excess he has easily. Come along and watch him play Oztage, in less than 5 minutes you will be eating crow.

Always a Bulldog

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD Mutt, you are not blind, so what the fark is with this "quite slow" bullshit? What is you agenda here? Xerri isn't slow, he has never been slow, he was express fast, as fast as JAC on several occasions, topping 34 kph in many games. Roger Fabri's comments "was absolutely flying", "was ready to become the fastest player in the NRL when the season resumed, eclipsing even Melbourne flyer Josh Addo-Carr". Somehow I trust Fabri's opinion over yours. He's only 22 FFS, not remotely old enough to have lost any pace, in fact he at the age where he is probably still getting faster. It's not like he has been injured, he had a shoulder recon, but his legs are in perfect condition.

I know your response, bulked up, put on weight, too much gym, weights, blah blah blah. Hello, he's only 22 he can loose whatever excess he has easily. Come along and watch him play Oztage, in less than 5 minutes you will be eating crow.

Always a Bulldog
He's talking about Alamoti lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Take a breath and maybe re-read more of the discussion.. :tearsofjoy:

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it true that Bronson Xerri previously said:

"I made a mistake, BUT.... there was more to it, .... I'm not a drug cheat......"?

These are not the words of someone taking responsibility for their actions.
There was a legal process with appeals etc available to Xerri, and the outcome was he is a drug cheat.
A vague unsubstantiated statement like 'there was more to it' and 'I'm not a drug cheat' does not change that. Worse, it is an attempt to avoid taking full, unqualified responsibility. It qualifies the 'mistake'.

What he actually needs to say is something like:
"I take full responsibility for my actions. There are no excuses for what I did.
I will continue to work hard on and off the field to show performance enhancing drugs cannot be justified under any circumstance, are harmful and have no place in sport.
I also thank the Bulldogs for giving me this chance."

If and when that happens then it will be terrific to see him play in Bulldogs colours. We need role models. Not children in the bodies of men.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good luck to him let’s hope he’s not the next Rodney Howe best front rower in the comp until they caught him on the roids after that the he was trash

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I take full responsibility for my actions. There are no excuses for what I did.
He did say this in one of the videos posted. I’ve never really heard him before He actually sounded like a good person

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He did say this in one of the videos posted. I’ve never really heard him before He actually sounded like a good person
I hope so. I just found one quote which worried me. Either way the club needs to cut through and get a clear statement out there. If not, the media will be all over it. They're bound to run the drug cheat line. So Xerri and the club have to come out and own drive the agenda with accountability and remorse.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foxsports headline..."Bulldogs sign drug cheat"...
There's some real hatred from the journo in that line! I wonder who?

View attachment 62114
If he signed with another club..."Roosters offer second chance to promising youngster". ..I can't wait till we are a powerhouse again just to see those fox ***** have to say good things about us.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it true that Bronson Xerri previously said:

"I made a mistake, BUT.... there was more to it, .... I'm not a drug cheat......"?

These are not the words of someone taking responsibility for their actions.
There was a legal process with appeals etc available to Xerri, and the outcome was he is a drug cheat.
A vague unsubstantiated statement like 'there was more to it' and 'I'm not a drug cheat' does not change that. Worse, it is an attempt to avoid taking full, unqualified responsibility. It qualifies the 'mistake'.

I will continue to work hard on and off the field to show performance enhancing drugs cannot be justified under any circumstance, are harmful and have no place in sport.
I also thank the Bulldogs for giving me this chance."

If and when that happens then it will be terrific to see him play in Bulldogs colours. We need role models. Not children in the bodies of men.
He doesnt have to say shit.
He fucked up and is serving his punishment.
He doesnt have to answer to anyone.