Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.
3 years with yr 2 & 3 in the club’s favour
Base, $150, $200…

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Tigers will probably sign him

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1000% I would take this bloke. When he was playing for the sharks I thought he would become a instant hit and be one of the biggest stars in the game. Only going to be 23? When he returns that’s gold

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He was one of the most outstanding juniors I have ever seen, playing for Aquinas it was obvious that his natural talents would take him a long way in the NRL. He was training 7 days a week from his early teens, dedication plus and always appeared to love playing footy. He got injured and took the cheater's way out to speed up the recovery, he's paid a heavy price for that.

There wouldn't be much risk in signing him, if he farks up again he will get a lifetime ban with instant contract cancellation, so no Cap issue there. The real question is how much is he worth versus how much he will want.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fark no.. we got skelton, schoupp, alamoti and Kiraz to try and fit Into two centre spots.. we so don't need him.
I see Kiraz staying on the wing, Almoti is not an issue, won't be ready for 2 to 3 years, if ever. I'm not convinced on Schoupp and Skelton isn't physically or mentally ready to play 27 rounds of NRL (and finals of course), plus he is quite likely better suited to the back row.

On that same topic, the possibility of 27 rounds means that we have to have a quality back up ready to step in for every position, plus a decent back up to that back up.

Always a Bulldog

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On that same topic, the possibility of 27 rounds means that we have to have a quality back up ready to step in for every position, plus a decent back up to that back up.

Always a Bulldog
Twenty seven rounds.... what happened to fatigue management.. where's the duty of care to the players. V'Landys needs to put down the bong and have a look at what he has created. He has gone all gung-ho on high tackles, lifting in the tackle and hip drops etc, but speeds the game up expotentially with six again rules and now exacerbating the problem by making the season even longer. They may be elite athletes but there is only so much the human body can withstand. Another fine example of putting profit before safety.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see Kiraz staying on the wing, Almoti is not an issue, won't be ready for 2 to 3 years, if ever. I'm not convinced on Schoupp and Skelton isn't physically or mentally ready to play 27 rounds of NRL (and finals of course), plus he is quite likely better suited to the back row.

Always a Bulldog
You bet ur sweet ass 2 of those kids will become very good center's... Casey and Toia could easily slip in also either wing or centre if were tlaking about further depth. I honestly see no point in signing a risk at this stage.

There are also some very good juniors coming through too e.g Eli Clarke and Larson-Doyle..

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldnt help making comparison to a couple of players who had taken a break from the game and bulked up a bit, like hayne and holmes. Im assuming that pic of xerri is real here. Took holmes a while to get some form back. Hayne never got back to where he was. And they took a significantly shorter break than this guy.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Couldnt help making comparison to a couple of players who had taken a break from the game and bulked up a bit, like hayne and holmes. Im assuming that pic of xerri is real here. Took holmes a while to get some form back. Hayne never got back to where he was. And they took a significantly shorter break than this guy.
Also don’t forget sandor earl, wasn’t really given a chance after his peptides scandal ,I think played few games for melb then was never heard of