Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
4 Years is a long time in rugby league. Especially being removed from a club/training. It'll take him 12 months to get back into it after the 12 months he's still got to serve.
I don't know the full circumstances of the ban in regards to if he pleaded guilty to knowingly taking performance enhancers but anyone think 4 years is excessive? I think 2 years is long enough, then life ban if they fail a test again

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone ask gus on twitter if he's considering him for 2024

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
4 Years is a long time in rugby league. Especially being removed from a club/training. It'll take him 12 months to get back into it after the 12 months he's still got to serve.
I don't know the full circumstances of the ban in regards to if he pleaded guilty to knowingly taking performance enhancers but anyone think 4 years is excessive? I think 2 years is long enough, then life ban if they fail a test again
Well taking roids is just about the worst thing you can do so 2 years is definitely not enough. An ACL injury puts you out for a whole season

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the ability is there then worth a go at the right price. It will be interesting to see if he can still cut it though as look what a 2 year Mormon break did to a then 20 year old Will Hopoate .... he was never the same player in terms of fulfilling the talent he initially showed at Parramatta.

My other concern is that he'd probably be best served going to a club in another state and making a fresh start, in order to get away from the bad influence who has potentially ruined his career - know this first hand. Any decent manager should try and send him to the Storm or Cowboys.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No. I’ll get behind Skelton to have locked down 1 centre position. The other will hopefully be Kiraz or Brandy Alamoti. There is also other options coming through the juniors.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope, looks as soft as fuck now and totally out of shape for rugby league.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It'll be 4 years since he's played by the time he's eligible, and he'd need at least another 6 months to resemble a footy player again by playing Reserves. Who knows what he'd look like when he plays again..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Long time off but train and trial, I'd say though there will be some club willing to take a punt on him.Deserves another chance, 4 years is more than fair enough punishment and he likely has learnt a costly lesson.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL would have to approve registration of his contract.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
NRL would have to approve registration of his contract.
which they will do once he's served his ban

I think a lot of clubs will be after Xerri, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a top 30 deal straight away.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My other concern is that he'd probably be best served going to a club in another state and making a fresh start, in order to get away from the bad influence who has potentially ruined his career - know this first hand.
Wasn’t it his brother / brothers mates?