Bulldogs Sign 21 Year old Winger for 3 Years - Christian Crichton

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's almost a blessing after the neglect in youth the last idiot had that we are forced to return to some roots. Giving some kids a break may just unearth the next big thing for our club. Who was the last one, $BW??
GrogDog, our club was hijacked! Our DNA is slowly comming back

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
These are going to be the type of signings we have in the next few years. As long as they show promise I don't mind.

Although his stats aren't great - averaging 100 run metres and 28 tackles (14 missed).

I guess it's between him and Olive for that wing spot next year.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crighton for BMoz basically.. FMD.. I understand the signing because we cant afford anyone established

Would love to hang onto the Morris bros for 2 more years

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Backline for 2019

Mbye
Crichton
Hopoate
Holland
Montoya

Idk hey..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair call. Can relate to Super Coach frustration.
In all seriousness he was a very highly rated junior. Has an error in him though.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My panthers mate said hes their 4th choice winger
Apparently we are paying him with bitcoin

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
In all seriousness he was a very highly rated junior. Has an error in him though.
I dont mind him seems to have speed and a little madness in him. Not bad for the $$ he would be on. Errors SHOULD lesson with age.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont mind him seems to have speed and a little madness in him. Not bad for the $$ he would be on. Errors SHOULD lesson with age.
He's probably the best we could hope for in our current situation. I do wish Smith was better defensively as he would be perfect on the wing for us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly know bugger all about this guy as a player. But I'll happily see us sign some guys who might never make it, as opposed to guys who had already shown they weren't making it elsewhere. I'm thinking of guys like Jonathan Wright and Brown who were solid fill ins, but never had anything in terms of the potential like we used to see bought to the club.

Only 4 players to go till we fill the top 30 now! We are so thin in the outside backs next year so we had to sign someone. This is where the people that are saying the salary cap thing isn't that bad are wrong we are replacing Bmoz with this guy.
Plenty of people on here thought B-Moz was a poor value for money signing with his age and the potential for him to spend a significant portion of the season on the sidelines with injury or possibly being away for rep duties. I love the Morris brothers and think they've both served us well, but personally thought that you can't spend huge money on wingers. I've always thought that those wanting us to chase Mansour were just a bit mad.

At some stage we have to face the fact that we need a succession plan in place for big money players or aging stars. You can have the best winger in the world and they won't make a huge amount of difference to an average winger if they aren't getting plenty of opportunities from the creative players in the squad. So I'd prefer we go for cheaper options in positions like the wings while we sort out a better balance of cap payment into our spine. By going for youngsters we're potentially going to see someone that will reach their potential here and eventually move on. But it's a necessity to chase these cheaper options right now while we move towards sorting our squad balance out.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So man whore resigning with the panthers has made his decision and easier one? He looks pretty good for a 20 old. Better than Montoya and cheaper than Morris. Good signing

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only 4 players to go till we fill the top 30 now! We are so thin in the outside backs next year so we had to sign someone. This is where the people that are saying the salary cap thing isn't that bad are wrong we are replacing Bmoz with this guy.
Not so bad that we need to panic and start shedding players whose departure would set us back even further.....I don't think anyone's saying we won't struggle next year. Morris brothers will be a huge loss. No denying it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Great signing. Astute by McDonnell.

Those who don’t rate him take no notice of. Likely the Pay hating Cleeland loving leb crew
Pay is a club legend and Cleeland is.....well, he's not. Dafuq is wrong with people? Lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great signing.. he was solid last night and looks like a tough competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.