Official Bulldogs SG Ball Cup 2021

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying. He’s happy to trial for ball. He’s a good kid could play lock or five eight big body and quick.
If he isnt going to be selected for Penrith his existing club Penrith should be able to provide contact details for other clubs - good clubs with the genuine interests of players have, in the past at least, assisted players in getting trials elsewhere once they are cut from squads

Lomdiddydawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know a five eight from Penrith ball squad. He’s coming back from ankle injuries just out boot. Was offered a contract by junior Waratah. But wants to play league. Anyone have any contacts in dogs system?
Call the club ask for Dave Hamilton, he can point you in the right direction.

Reactions: ATT

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't end up going i seen scores up on Facebook
I was at all trials yesterday. Matt’s looking so much better than last week, some real good talent coming through and we had our halves out injured. Something is missing with the SG Ball they just leaked points again , some very soft tries ..just hope they can get some strike power out wide and at the back ..fullback is a problem position!

Tasha Gale looked good to start with, but PARRA just dominated them in the second half, I thought it was a good game actually but our girls need lots of conditioning!

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at all trials yesterday. Matt’s looking so much better than last week, some real good talent coming through and we had our halves out injured. Something is missing with the SG Ball they just leaked points again , some very soft tries ..just hope they can get some strike power out wide and at the back ..fullback is a problem position!

Tasha Gale looked good to start with, but PARRA just dominated them in the second half, I thought it was a good game actually but our girls need lots of conditioning!
Thanks for the update

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree with you about SGball - less worried about defence than attack - nothing happening - seems the fullbacks they have played the last two weeks are halfback size - might be good ball players but really struggle with running game. Most of the ouside backs seem more suited to the forwards. Any idea of the numbers n names of those training with Flegg side
Matts were extremely dominant once they held the ball and adjusted the defence to stop the stgeorge centre and backrow runniing around them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here’s the final squad.
SG BALL SQUAD
Bayley Cox, Bilal Yazici, Brandon Tapuai, Cameron Lawrence, Charlie Lennon, Danny Ghantous, Diego Bravo-Graham, Eli Clark, Hayden Essery, Jack Todd, Joseph O'Neill, Kai Brady, Khaled Rajeb, Lachlan Vale, Lipoi Hopoi, Louie Yehia, Omar Yaghi, Paul Alamoti , Solomon Akama, Trieste Winitana, Turoa Williams, Ezra Howe, Wilkinson Papalii-Afoa, William Tuitupou, Lleyton Borg

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Here’s the final squad.
SG BALL SQUAD
Bayley Cox, Bilal Yazici, Brandon Tapuai, Cameron Lawrence, Charlie Lennon, Danny Ghantous, Diego Bravo-Graham, Eli Clark, Hayden Essery, Jack Todd, Joseph O'Neill, Kai Brady, Khaled Rajeb, Lachlan Vale, Lipoi Hopoi, Louie Yehia, Omar Yaghi, Paul Alamoti , Solomon Akama, Trieste Winitana, Turoa Williams, Ezra Howe, Wilkinson Papalii-Afoa, William Tuitupou, Lleyton Borg
Any guys to watch out for here in this list Spoonman? I know about Bailey C, Danny G, Diego BG, Joseph O, Lipoi, Solomon A...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any guys to watch out for here in this list Spoonman? I know about Bailey C, Danny G, Diego BG, Joseph O, Lipoi, Solomon A...
You pretty much named the ones to look out for mate. Alamoti is probably the biggest hope in that side but he might be playing Flegg.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
You pretty much named the ones to look out for mate. Alamoti is probably the biggest hope in that side but he might be playing Flegg.
Really hope Danny G kicks on! Seems to have it all, speed, vision, passing... just hope he can make the transition onwards and upwards! We've been in need of a decent hooker since Ennis left... what's your thoughts on him? I've seen a few highlights but that's about it...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really hope Danny G kicks on! Seems to have it all, speed, vision, passing... just hope he can make the transition onwards and upwards! We've been in need of a decent hooker since Ennis left... what's your thoughts on him? I've seen a few highlights but that's about it...
Yeah I rate him too. He is a genuine hooker with speed and knows when to run. He is also vey good at managing the game from dummy half. The Raiders went after him in the off season so it’s a relief to see him still in our system. I’d love to see him get some time in Flegg this year.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Yeah I rate him too. He is a genuine hooker with speed and knows when to run. He is also vey good at managing the game from dummy half. The Raiders went after him in the off season so it’s a relief to see him still in our system. I’d love to see him get some time in Flegg this year.
Yea from what I've seen of him as you said he's the complete package! Any idea how old he he is? I noticed a year or so ago he was coming off the bench... young Hetherington l think it was was getting picked in front of him! I was baffled by this coaching decision as he was our best option at hooker by far... and when he did come on he was carving up, breaking the line and setting up tries! But then the following week he would be on the bench again, definitely should be starting every week...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea from what I've seen of him as you said he's the complete package! Any idea how old he he is? I noticed a year or so ago he was coming off the bench... young Hetherington l think it was was getting picked in front of him! I was baffled by this coaching decision as he was our best option at hooker by far... and when he did come on he was carving up, breaking the line and setting up tries! But then the following week he would be on the bench again, definitely should be starting every week...
He was coming off the bench in a few games last year as well - was told its because he misses a heap of tackles. Lots of baffling selections in SGball n Hm last year - seemed to want to give everyone a game. Hopefully positions and game time will be earnt - smaller squads in trials was a good start.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He must be around 18-19 this year mate. The club rated Hetherington when he first joined and they had high hopes so maybe they were giving him every opportunity at the expense of Danny? I think he will be starting this year for sure.