News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Depends on your opinion of playing better,we scoring any more points on his side of the field?Are we conceding less points? What’s your idea of improvement?
Are you cross eyed?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question IS, does Pay deserve to have a few years in charge with actual talent?

I dont care what anyone says, even if Bellamy or Robinson were in charge of our team, this team would not make the 8.

They have all had spine players like Smith, Cronk, Munster, Slater, Tedesco, Keary just to name a few.

What will they so with a spine of Cogger, King Marshall, Lewis etc.

Seriously.

He showed in the back end of last year that he can coach. Part of the resurgence last season was the partnership Foran and CHN developed and that was gone.

Not much has gone right for him in terms of luck.

In saying that, the only question is, are star players not coming to us because of him.
The dick head wont give another hooker a chance over jmk to justify sighning him, get back in your hole. No idea bud.
He sighned them 3 players u mentioned. Jmk a 3 year extension before he played a game for us because pay thought he was the next benji lol. No idea u rabbit.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been hearing Between Anthony griffin and Shaun Wayne as head coach Michael ennis as assistant coach. Nick Citric is a done deal. Also Alex Johnston is done deal. Souths are offloading Gagai for JAC.
Harry grant is a done deal as tigers can’t match $500k from the bulldogs.
Also Lachlan Lewis is off to Melbourne a player swap with one of there forwards.
Foran is getting a 1 year extension on around 500k. Elliot is off to st George on $650k.
If this is right you get a statue outside Belmore. Shame there’s no chance

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Joe the butcher at Woolworths could not do a worse job in 3 years it has taken Pay to take us from a poor side to an even poorer side
Who’s available for ‘21 though that’s a longer term option. To me guys like Hook, Toovs and other names that have been thrown up aren’t (personal opinion) and think there’ll be more choice for ‘22 and no-one will sign for one year unless it’s sold as a caretaker and I don’t see that happening.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who’s available for ‘21 though that’s a longer term option. To me guys like Hook, Toovs and other names that have been thrown up aren’t (personal opinion) and think there’ll be more choice for ‘22 and no-one will sign for one year.
As my reply indicated ..it would not matter who we got,be it a recognised coach or Joe the butcher, anybody would do,Its not the name but the ability that counts.Every coach starts at the bottom,unfortunately ours has not risen...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been hearing Between Anthony griffin and Shaun Wayne as head coach Michael ennis as assistant coach. Nick Citric is a done deal. Also Alex Johnston is done deal. Souths are offloading Gagai for JAC.
Also Lachlan Lewis is off to Melbourne a player swap with one of there forwards.
Foran is getting a 1 year extension on around 500k. Elliot is off to st George on $650k.
Bahahahaha here we go again, more blowarsery!! Shouldn’t this be in rumors

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of BS.....Grant will remain at the storm...JAC coming to dogs.....Johnson to titans

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't he pulled 8nto a room 3 weeks ago to "decide his future"?

If they are so quick)y pulling him into to a room again for a chat you'd have to think he's gone.

As the old saying goes, no news is good news.

Sounds like he is at the front of their minds.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck this shit, just give me the fucking whistle...
Who’s available for ‘21 though that’s a longer term option. To me guys like Hook, Toovs and other names that have been thrown up aren’t (personal opinion) and think there’ll be more choice for ‘22 and no-one will sign for one year.
Nah mate. Hook and Tooves are worlds apart success wise. If and when Hook gets another gig people will be surprised. Shaun Wane is considered the Bellamy of SL, get him in with Ennis and Kimmorley. Dont bother listening to Gus about Hook, he is a stero typical alpha that does not like being told there might be an alternative, which Hook did.

It makes no sense what so ever that Chris is persisting with Pay (yes I said Chris and not Lynne.) unless there is something else in play, I just hope its not Ben because there will be a riot...

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A) Pay can not be retained in any way or matter. It will kill us officially
B) Broncos discards must NOT include Oates, Issako, Bird, Milford. Only consider Staggs, Farnworth, Coates, Dearden, Flegler or Turpin.
C) If Issac is correct, Fark me, THAT is the dream. Throw Burton in too ffs!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone and everyone is available in 2021, good clubs, big clubs make it happen
Which makes sense to me.
Holbrook and Fitzgibbon are both available in 2022 for example - not that Holbrook is setting the world on fire so far but early days. I hope it’s not Bennett nor Flanagan and don’t think Bellamy would come. Who else is available for ‘22 - I haven’t checked.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was in that tea you drank tonight?

You might land one soon, keep having a crack mate