Bulldogs selling NTH Qld Cowboys jerseys in lead up to Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a long way from the heat of Townsville, but the spiritual home of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs is now selling North Queensland Cowboys jerseys in the lead-up to the NRL grand final.
The Bulldogs, former home of Cowboys co-captain and four-time Dally M winner Johnathan Thurston, have started selling Cowboys jerseys in the merchandise shop and cafe at their home ground.
On the Cowboys bandwagon: Raelene Castle. Photo: Supplied
Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle said the decision to sell the Cowboys jerseys was designed to bring in fans to their cafe and enjoy the spectacle that is the NRL grand final. Last year the Bulldogs used the cafe as a fan centre and this year they want to do the same for the Cowboys.
"Last year we had family and friends come together, share stories and have fun together, and we thought it would be really wasted if we didn't do that again this year," she said. "We just thought it would be nice to give the Cowboys fans a central location to come together."
After getting the all-clear from Cowboys CEO Greg Tonner, the Bulldogs have created a "drop-in point in Sydney" for Cowboys fans "who want to get together and watch the grand final on the big screens".
"We're really proud of the experience at the Bulldogs and we want to make sure it gets utilised in grand final week," she said.
The Bulldogs are selling the Cowboys jerseys until the grand final. It may be the first time in NRL history that a club is selling a rival club's jersey at their home ground.
Castle concedes she doesn't know of any other club ever selling a rival's jersey but said, "we just thought it would be fun and getting into the spirit of grand final week".
The Bulldogs' links with the Cowboys, through their past players, are the big reason behind siding with the North Queenslanders instead of the Brisbane Broncos. "We have a more direct connection with both JT and Ben Hannant."
But it is also because "the Broncos have a much bigger footprint here in Sydney than the Cowboys" that has led to the bandwagon coming at Belmore.
Castle still wants to encourage the Broncos fans to come "have fun on our street and in our store," after Rabbitohs fans joined in the grand final celebrations with the Bulldogs last year in the lead-up to the 2014 showpiece.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rand-final-20150930-gjy3zs.html#ixzz3nHBSkcov
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's nice of Raelene.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they dont consider cowboys winning on Sunday as a bulldogs win.'

we still havent won fcken jack in last 11 years!

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Thank you for this Bulldogs, my boys need all the support we can get in Sydney.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JT will give his ring to the club

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this now they are going to treat Cowboys like they treat the dogs . Consider all 50/50 call go to Brisbane and every try by the Cowboys would be looked at the video ref

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expect Justin Hodges to take out a player on Sunday

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another money hungry publicity stunt bullshit from our club
they don't give a fcuk about the Cowboys they just see dollar signs and that's all they care about
come celebrate gf week at Belmore when ur team isn't even in the gf game- that will do me surely now they're taking the piss!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thats cool but Cowboys and Jt aren't the bulldogsZ so instead of doing bitchy publicity stunts get back to work for season 2016.
Thanks

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another money hungry publicity stunt bullshit from our club
they don't give a fcuk about the Cowboys they just see dollar signs and that's all they care about
come celebrate gf week at Belmore when ur team isn't even in the gf game- that will do me surely now they're taking the piss!
Took words out me mouth

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys its grandfinal week let the rugby league community have a week off to enjoy the game. Im stoked that we are doing this shows what kind of club we are. Stop being so negative atleast for ONE WEEK ! bring on sunday everyone get blind and UP THE COWBOYS !!!!

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This club is not what it use to be. All they care about is the dollars

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would a bulldogs fan want to buy a cowboys jersey. We are not the sort of fans who have "second favourite team" I'll be going for the cowboys but only because I want the broncos to finally taste a grand final defeat

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not the biggest deal in the world, but it's strange and proof of how far the administration of the club has fallen.

Our club shouldn't be promoting another club in any way and shouldn't be in the business of trying to cater for rival clubs fans. Bullfrog must be rolling around in his grave. This club used to have pride.

Now it's a corporation who whores it's identity out with puke yellow Parramatta jerseys or Expendables jerseys and also selling rival clubs gear.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well then cmon the mighty Cowboys yeeehaaaaaaa!!! Lol

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would a bulldogs fan want to buy a cowboys jersey. We are not the sort of fans who have "second favourite team" I'll be going for the cowboys but only because I want the broncos to finally taste a grand final defeat
now i dont support any other team besides the dogs but you cant speak for everybody and say that were not fans who have second favourite team

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im stoked that we are doing this shows what kind of club we are.
Yea, the kind of club that gets walked on.
The Cowboys CEO must've pissed himself when he got off the phone with raylene.

Status
Not open for further replies.