Bulldogs secure youngster in code war

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

This is what I like getting young players with great potential and immersing them in the Bulldogs culture from young. We are already reaping benefits with the Harold Mathews and Flegg wins. We have now bought a number of young guns for next year like Parra junior and Australian rep Cody Parry and Tigers young play maker and junior Blues Alex Conti.
https://www.zerotackle.com/bulldogs-poach-talented-wests-tigers-prospect-163454/

This was the ultimate aim of the 5 year plan to develop youth through the academy and development pathways. The Bulldogs board wanted to hedge their bets by also wanting quick results so we also blending those young players like Preston, Hughes, KIraz and Wilson with mature heads like Hutch, Mann, Fox and Crita.

But ultimately I think development is what is going to take us to the top. By getting these young players locked into long term deals we are not only developing our own players but building loyalty and instilling the Bulldog culture into them making it harder for them to leave. But also making them want to be a Bulldog.

We have found in the past by trying to buy the comp with players like Woods, Cotric, Thompson and Pangai that their hearts are not 100% invested. But we look back at players like Andrew Ryan, Steve Price and Luke Pattern and we see players investing every week for the Dogs.

I am liking where we are heading at the moment and at last we are getting back to our roots. Gus understands Bulldog DNA. He played for the Dogs, he coached them to a GF win and now he will manage the Dogs back to the top where they belong.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh BuT wHaT hAs GuS dOnE lAtElY???