News Bulldogs Roster Changes ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, can someone explain why guys like Papalli and Rajab are TnT, instead of just NSW Cup players? I’m guessing (probably forgot that too) that they are easier to play in first grade after round 12 or whatever. But if they do their TnT period and not elevated to top 30, is that it for them? Seems odd if so, because they’re young guys with good potential.
Their Train & Trial is simply a holding method until the NRL agrees to the RLPA demands for the extra 10 on top of the 30. It's a way for us to contract them so that no none can pinch them for 2023, it's only temporary, they'll be signed to an NRL Top 40 contract as soon as they can be. The issue of how much the Cap will be is also a question that needs to be answered.

Always a Bulldog

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I thought Schoupp was a selfish player who wanted to be better than Ado-Carr by shutting him out. I first noticed it when Fox beat him to the ball to score early this year. Schoupp's reaction was one of anger, rather than to celebrate one of our rare successes. It became more apparent when he would hang onto the ball, rather than pass, so that nobody looked better than him if they scored.
100%

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I was confused before..but think I am now :tearsofjoy:

It's tricky the way they have to shuffle the cattle I guess..I read on here I think the APA is pushing for an extra ten second tier or similarly contracted players so there are 40 available from earlier(I think)..as Steve said TT Is on top of all these facts.
It is confusing! I reckon a lot of people like Gus hate not having a youth comp anymore. Probably why he’s got us so invested with Toowoomba and other high school to early 20s age groups .

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Schoupp was a selfish player who wanted to be better than Ado-Carr by shutting him out. I first noticed it when Fox beat him to the ball to score early this year. Schoupp's reaction was one of anger, rather than to celebrate one of our rare successes. It became more apparent when he would hang onto the ball, rather than pass, so that nobody looked better than him if they scored.
There was definitely something off there. I don’t remember seeing a more obvious case of selfishness from a bulldog. I noticed signs of it several times. It was as if Schoupp was jealous of JAC taking the glory by scoring. That’s not the type of personality you want in a team sport. Everyone should be happy about being part of the team when anyone scores or helps the team be successful. Probably for the best he was moved on. Maybe he can be the glorified on the the GC.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp's definitely got a selfish streak and I reckon it's partly why we were happy to release him. Also suggests Gus and Ciraldo are happy with centre depth - Alomati and Skelton in particular (although Gus no doubt looking more at back row for Skelton). As for selfishness, it's also why I'm surprised we signed Nu Brown, but maybe he's matured a bit more now.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mhmmm Cronulla. The Taupau’s don’t like us. Well fuck Marty, he can go fuck himself. He’s a 32 year old useless prop that only cares about money. Go fuck yourself at the Parramatta Eels fuckwit!
That’s a bit harsh. We don’t know what the club offered him money wise or if at at all. I saw Marty at a Dogs function about 3 years ago and I asked him at the time are you coming over to the dogs and he said: nah I’ve just got a lot of good mates here. I think Marty still loves the club but at the end of the day he has to look after himself and his family.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Better than all the @Flanagun crap arguing and the gay talk that’s been going on for the last few weeks ..

Not that there’s anything wrong with that ..
Hey hey hey.

While the talk in the Man United thread can get a little fruity sometimes, they're definitely NOT gay ...

Apart from @coach of course

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These changes will be for nothing if we continue to game cop bad/corrupt game changing decisions from the refs.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% agree, and I might be wrong, but just as the Fox gets to the ball, can you actually see Schoupp say “Fuck” because he was beaten to it …. or was that a different try …
You fellas are spot on, only watched Foxxy's try highlights a few days ago and that look of disgust on his face stands out(not just to us fans, it would have been an x marked against his name for sure)
Wasn't a clever or good player anyway won't miss him at all, plus we want team orientated guys who love seeing the fastest man on the planet scoring a tonne of four pointers :hearteyes:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s a bit harsh. We don’t know what the club offered him money wise or if at at all. I saw Marty at a Dogs function about 3 years ago and I asked him at the time are you coming over to the dogs and he said: nah I’ve just got a lot of good mates here. I think Marty still loves the club but at the end of the day he has to look after himself and his family.
Taupau is experienced yes, but he is as slow as an amputee playing hopscotch

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn. That brings back memories! I agree with the guy though. It was definitely worth it!