News Bulldogs Roster Changes ..

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t know Wakeham is out, or did I?…. Bloody memory is no good.

Also, can someone explain why guys like Papalli and Rajab are TnT, instead of just NSW Cup players? I’m guessing (probably forgot that too) that they are easier to play in first grade after round 12 or whatever. But if they do their TnT period and not elevated to top 30, is that it for them? Seems odd if so, because they’re young guys with good potential.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Also, can someone explain why guys like Papalli and Rajab are TnT, instead of just NSW Cup players? I’m guessing (probably forgot that too) that they are easier to play in first grade after round 12 or whatever. But if they do their TnT period and not elevated to top 30, is that it for them? Seems odd if so, because they’re young guys with good potential.
train and trial can up to a $60,000 per year. More than NSW cup contract id assume, they can be added to squad and can play after round 11
@TwinTurbo be best on this

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
train and trial can up to a $60,000 per year. More than NSW cup contract id assume, they can be added to squad and can play after round 11
Hmm ok, and NSW Cup players can not play at all except with an exemption right? The memory is starting to work lol. Top 30 is selected based on who the coach wants available, hence some reggies players are not able to make the cut. So I guess having Rajab and Papalli as TnT they are actually viewing them as extra top 30 in a way. When I posted before, I was confused because I was thinking they were highly touted kids, but now it’s come back to me, it’s actually showing they expect them to push for spot in first grade, later in the season. I guess it’s just a way to game the top 30 limitations in a way, but there’s also nothing stopping them from getting them back on a NSW Cup contract or top 30 spot if they don’t get a start next season.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joash Papalii is a future star and hopefully he performs in his train and trial contract. He should be in our NRL roster for 2024 and onwards hopefully. Future gun fullback.

Iverson Matai is locked in on a development contract and an NRL contract for 2024 and onwards.

Anyone know what happened to Junior Taupau?? We signed him two years ago I believe?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Joash Papalii is a future star and hopefully he performs in his train and trial contract. He should be in our NRL roster for 2024 and onwards hopefully. Future gun fullback.

Iverson Matai is locked in on a development contract and an NRL contract for 2024 and onwards.

Anyone know what happened to Junior Taupau?? We signed him two years ago I believe?
We kicked Junior Taupau out of our friend group!!??Don’t you remember? He kept fingering my arsehole at lunch. Weird ****. Martin always had to bring him along whenever we went out and to bong seshs. So annoying, think he went to Cronulla High School.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi kennelers, on the situation with Martin Taupau. He has chosen to sign with the Eels, instead with us. The **** chose to take more money and didn’t want to finish his career with us. He’s 32 and is turning 33 in February anyways. He has signed a 1 year deal with Parra.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hi kennelers, on the situation with Martin Taupau. He has chosen to sign with the Eels, instead with us. The **** chose to take more money and didn’t want to finish his career with us. He’s 32 and is turning 33 in February anyways. He has signed a 1 year deal with Parra.
WHAT THE FUCK. WHO IS GONNA SUPPLY THE GROUP WITH WEED AND MACCAS RUNS. FUCK **** FUCK **** FUCK ME DEAD GRHEHEHRHEHEHEHGR

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We kicked Junior Taupau out of our friend group!!??Don’t you remember? He kept fingering my arsehole at lunch. Weird ****. Martin always had to bring him along whenever we went out and to bong seshs. So annoying, think he went to Cronulla High School.
Mhmmm Cronulla. The Taupau’s don’t like us. Well fuck Marty, he can go fuck himself. He’s a 32 year old useless prop that only cares about money. Go fuck yourself at the Parramatta Eels fuckwit!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mhmmm Cronulla. The Taupau’s don’t like us. Well fuck Marty, he can go fuck himself. He’s a 32 year old useless prop that only cares about money. Go fuck yourself at the Parramatta Eels fuckwit!
NO YOU DUMB ****, WHO IS GONNA SUPPLY ME WITH THE MUNCHIES NOW. PARRAMATTA HIGH GOT A LAD.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he can play halfback

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
to be completely honest, i feel jack hetherington, jmk, vaughn, and schoupp will be missed, if theyre replaced by good players thats fine, however these players had an impact in a dud team i can only imagine them in a team thats thriving... jmk was trash at hooker and showed a glimpse of good play then as soon as Tbazz left someonje decided to tell jmk to play the way he wanted and was brilliant in my opinion.. hetho had doggies passion jst needed good mentorship to keep him on the field

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmm ok, and NSW Cup players can not play at all except with an exemption right? The memory is starting to work lol. Top 30 is selected based on who the coach wants available, hence some reggies players are not able to make the cut. So I guess having Rajab and Papalli as TnT they are actually viewing them as extra top 30 in a way. When I posted before, I was confused because I was thinking they were highly touted kids, but now it’s come back to me, it’s actually showing they expect them to push for spot in first grade, later in the season. I guess it’s just a way to game the top 30 limitations in a way, but there’s also nothing stopping them from getting them back on a NSW Cup contract or top 30 spot if they don’t get a start next season.
Not sure I was confused before..but think I am now :tearsofjoy:

It's tricky the way they have to shuffle the cattle I guess..I read on here I think the APA is pushing for an extra ten second tier or similarly contracted players so there are 40 available from earlier(I think)..as Steve said TT Is on top of all these facts.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure I was confused before..but think I am now :tearsofjoy:

It's tricky the way they have to shuffle the cattle I guess..I read on here I think the APA is pushing for an extra ten second tier or similarly contracted players so there are 40 available from earlier(I think)..as Steve said TT Is on top of all these facts.
The RLPA demands are pretty well known, they made the major items public over a month ago, what the NRL will agree to is the unknown. Although the RLPA are very strong in backing their demands, dropping the hint about a rogue competition, denying that there will be a preseason competition etc. My guess is the NRL will give in and almost all of the RLPA demands will be met. But it has dragged on for so long that the NRL must have some non negotiables that they refuse to budge on.

The RLPA is not in favour of “train and trial” as it gives no security to the player, they can’t finance a car, enter into a home rental agreement, move interstate etc. That‘s what the extra 10 on top of the 30 is about, giving the players some certainty in their lives for at least a full year/season with a guaranteed minimum contract of $65k.

When can they play, my understanding is the RLPA is saying anytime the club decides that they need them. Whether the NRL agrees to that is the question.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The RLPA demands are pretty well known, they made the major items public over a month ago, what the NRL will agree to is the unknown. Although the RLPA are very strong in backing their demands, dropping the hint about a rogue competition, denying that there will be a preseason competition etc. My guess is the NRL will give in and almost all of the RLPA demands will be met. But it has dragged on for so long that the NRL must have some non negotiables that they refuse to budge on.

The RLPA is not in favour of “train and trial” as it gives no security to the player, they can’t finance a car, enter into a home rental agreement, move interstate etc. That‘s what the extra 10 on top of the 30 is about, giving the players some certainty in their lives for at least a full year/season with a guaranteed minimum contract of $65k.

When can they play, my understanding is the RLPA is saying anytime the club decides that they need them. Whether the NRL agrees to that is the question.

Always a Bulldog
I too get confused with the varies levels of contracts and availability to play fg - hoping that the RLPA "play fg anytime" position is adopted.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

My take was that they were possibilities of being promoted to top 30....

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My take was that they were possibilities of being promoted to top 30....
They are "possibilities". Only 28 of the 30 spots currently occupied.
Under the old rules, only need to have signed 29 by end of Round 1 (and I think Schoupp's contract and then subsequent departure does count toward that).
So, with the 2023 Salary Cap not finalised there is no rush to completely fill the roster yet (although some players might appreciate it).
Still some twists and turns in the final makeup before we get to kick off me thinks.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Halfback situation, honestly the biggest thing. We're pretty confident Flanagan can't deliver at this point. The centre situation also interesting in us deciding to move on Schoupp, I hope we're going youth and potential in Alamoti and Skelton.

Best signing is Mahoney. We've been missing a hooker since Ennis left. The whole cohesiveness of the team is going to go up in levels. Burton's always going to get the ball when he needs it and in front. A spine position is more important than a second rower and that's the only reason why Kikau isn't the best signing, he's also going to be massive of course too (the most creative second rower on presence alone).

Biggest loss is Jackson or Schoupp. Vaughan decent shout too. Jackson for leadership and longevity at the club, consistency and Schoupp because we're going to have to take a risk early with Alamoti and Skelton imo. I personally thought Schoupp could of been a 10 year player for the club, I loved the C*** and niggle in him and his passion.
I thought Schoupp was a selfish player who wanted to be better than Ado-Carr by shutting him out. I first noticed it when Fox beat him to the ball to score early this year. Schoupp's reaction was one of anger, rather than to celebrate one of our rare successes. It became more apparent when he would hang onto the ball, rather than pass, so that nobody looked better than him if they scored.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Schoupp was a selfish player who wanted to be better than Ado-Carr by shutting him out. I first noticed it when Fox beat him to the ball to score early this year. Schoupp's reaction was one of anger, rather than to celebrate one of our rare successes. It became more apparent when he would hang onto the ball, rather than pass, so that nobody looked better than him if they scored.
100% agree, and I might be wrong, but just as the Fox gets to the ball, can you actually see Schoupp say “Fuck” because he was beaten to it …. or was that a different try …