Bulldogs roll out the blue and white carpet for Josh Addo-Carr

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants fullback coin and to play there, I’d want him next yr, another yr older, another nrl season, another blues campaign, and maybe Australia duties, I’d hate to be starting my fullback journey at 26/27. Doesn’t mater how great an athlete you are. I’d love him for our club as he brings a lot, he would be a signing that would be hard to match in terms of on the field and off. He’d be huge for our club, but another yr not learning how to ball play, in this era. He needs to be in the position now, Latrell has more ball experience but still will take him some time to perfect it and he’s 23.
If he wants to come I’d say move now.
how long would you sign him for... 2 years? or longer? 2 years would be good to see of he has provided value for money.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
how long would you sign him for... 2 years? or longer? 2 years would be good to see of he has provided value for money.
I’d sign him for 3, I just think he has a massive following, so off the field he would be massive for everything the club needs, he plays in all rep sides, indigenous, blues, Australia so it’s our brand getting placed in those areas in a player people love. You’ll make his money back in sales, that takes him to nearly 30 and if he’s still got it he’s still the best winger in the comp. we need to build structure and culture. If someone like him is having a look at a team that is second last place on the ladder from a gf win. I think we need to realise that building something special needs to happen. He has a great attitude and somehow seems to improve every year. I rate him very highly

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could this be the moment the "Fox" becomes a Bulldog?

Josh Addo-Carr took a tour of Canterbury's facilities on Tuesday afternoon as part of the Storm star's search for a new Sydney club for the 2022 season.

The Herald obtained exclusive photos of Addo-Carr arriving at Belmore Sports Ground for a meeting with Canterbury powerbrokers. The club pitched it's vision to the NSW and Australia winger in the hope he will become a marquee recruit for new coach Trent Barrett.
Addo-Carr appeared in a relaxed mood when arriving at Bulldogs headquarters with his manager, Mario Tartak.
Advertisement

Addo-Carr had initially sought an immediate release from the final year of his Melbourne contract in order to relocate to Sydney for family reasons. However, the parties agreed the 27-year-old would stay put when the premiers weren't able to find a suitable replacement.
Instead, the man dubbed the Fox has become one of the hottest commodities on the open market for season 2022.
Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr spotted outside Belmore on Tuesday.

Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr spotted outside Belmore on Tuesday.CREDIT:RHETT WYMAN
Addo-Carr had signed a heads of agreement to join Wests Tigers on a four-year deal had he gained an immediate release. However, that arrangement only applied if he was available for next season, meaning the speedster is free to negotiate with rival clubs. The Tigers are expected to remain in the mix for his services from 2022.
Addo-Carr is considering not only a change of club, but also a change in position. Having cemented his reputation as the game's best winger, the two-time premiership winner is contemplating a switch to the No.1 jersey. The Matraville Sports High School product played fullback for much of his junior career and believes the experience of watching long-time Melbourne teammate Billy Slater dominate in the position will aid his own transition.

A switch to fullback will also likely result in Addo-Carr commanding more money at the negotiating table.
Josh Addo-Carr was one of the Blues' best in the Origin series.' best in the Origin series.

Josh Addo-Carr was one of the Blues' best in the Origin series.CREDIT:GETTY
The Bulldogs haven't settled on a fullback despite rotating Will Hopoate, Nick Meaney and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak through the role. However, they have made two notable additions to their back line in the form of Canberra three-quarter Nick Cotric and Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan.
Addo-Carr won't be the only star the Storm struggle to retain long term following another premiership season. As revealed by the Heraldearlier this month, the Warriors are attempting to sign Jahrome Hughes. The halfback's stocks have risen since transitioning from fullback and the Warriors are preparing a long and lucrative deal to lure him across the Tasman.
The Storm is also waiting for an official call from captain Cameron Smith, although he has indicated he won't remain at the club given there are concerns his presence could impede the pathway of fellow hookers Brandon Smith and Harry Grant.

In other signing news, the Tigers secured Shaun Blore on a new deal that will tie him to the club until at least the end of 2023. The promising forward made his first-grade debut for the club in round 11 and went on to make a further four NRL appearances in his rookie season.
Now the guy in the pic with JAC.... is that his manager or is that Nasheed?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: good question, and what if dogs sign him for say $800k a season has a blinder of a year then carries on he wants more $$$ . I’d say bulldogs will use him more than anything . The behaviour and arrogance will hurt him in long run. Or maybe he knew tigers won’t be a genuine team for many years to come
He would have sounded out his mate Grant on what it is now like at the Tigers. Grant said
“I’m definitely not going back”

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Maybe if he signs with us for 2022 then the tigpies seeing that they've lost there guy will move on and release him from that heads of agreement 2021. Surely any cash tigers were keeping for that will be used quick smart and won't be in a position to honour it anyways???

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett did say it’s complicated with JAC ;) take that as you will I guess 8-)
The dust needs to settle on his Tigers backflip. Can’t see any announcement on the fox before June next year.
Tigers would be fuming seeing him at Belmore yesterday.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not understanding the decision to release Reimis Smith, surely it was to help with JAC coming the opposite way. I think it would have happened if JAC hadn't signed the heads of agreement with the tigers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The dust needs to settle on his Tigers backflip. Can’t see any announcement on the fox before June next year.
Tigers would be fuming seeing him at Belmore yesterday.
If tigers wanted him they should have traded a player. Guess they didn’t want him too badly at the end of the day.

But I get what you are saying. Would be a huge coup if we pick him up (either for 21 or 22).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about paying JAC rockstar fullback money when he is not a proven rock star fullback. I would rather use the money to target a proven fullback like Matt Dufty

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about paying JAC rockstar fullback money when he is not a proven rock star fullback. I would rather use the money to target a proven fullback like Matt Dufty
No no no no no..Not ever
Also think he will be great at fullback I realise this leaves young Averillo in limbo but Baz will work it out, now we have Matt "bulldog" Burton this guy is a crucial get for us so I say just do it..hopefully they find a a way to be here in 2021.