Bulldogs robbed as Fifita scores despite Feki being in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting future article given the game isn't over.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/ef4a030625fd74f7b61c7594ad85484b

THE Bulldogs have suffered a tough decision, with Andrew Fifita scoring a try, despite Sosaia Feki clearly putting his foot out earlier in the set.

Will Hopoate inexplicably neglected to pick the ball up after a stray Sharks pass for fear of being bundled into touch, allowing Feki to pounce.

However Hopoate made amends by pulling Feki into touch, but play went on resulting in a try to Fifita on the other side of the field.

There was conjecture over Fifita’s try anyway, as lead runner Luke Lewis appeared to take out Lachlan Lewis in the Bulldogs’ defensive line.

However the play should never have got that far, as Greg Alexander noted in the commentary box, that Feki may have gone into touch on the far side.

“I think he was out,” Alexander said.

Replays confirmed Alexander’s suspicions, but the try had been awarded and the Sharks shot out to a commanding 12-2 lead.

Feki went on to score later in the half, despite again flirting with the touch line, but this time it was a fair try and the Sharks led 20-12 at the break.

upload_2018-9-2_15-32-53.png

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And was there for ALL too see, shocking call alright.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh no we missed a top 8 spot!!
That's right we didn't!!
Good back season though from a pessimistic kennel that saw a shining light to our season

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW Gerrard Maxwell (video ref) lives in the shire. No doubt hi-fiveing his mates at oatley pub.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A double shocking call all in the same set of 6.....and they reckon it's not rigged, FAAAAARK OFFFFF!!!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it happened in a game that had no bearing on where we finished this year. Maybe we can get a call like that when it matters in 2019.

I heard the Fox commentators also questioning why a professional foul did not result in a Sharks player being binned because we scored off the play. It was still a foul, regardless.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here is what I don't get. Why CAN'T the NRL Bunker overturn stuff by looking at the play before.

I mean, if TV cameras see more than refs, why don't we just use the refs as adjudicators (to relay messages/rulings), and have the officials in the bunker ruling the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.