Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Bulldogs reportedly chasing SBW for 2021

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep. As others have said he had the chance to “right his wrongs” he picked the chooks and the pay. Fjck off. Don’t want some 35-36 year old on his last pay cheque to teach our boys how to fucking train. That’s what their paid to do!

Throw the $ at b Smith. He’s from the storm and would be a nut job training.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Culture ... culture... culture BS!
We’re gonna offer this knob 700k MIMINUM to install a “culture” ??? What a load of shit.
- he left us in the lurch.... you know what, it’s pointless going through it all again for those here who believe in unicorns...
Id rather Foran’s or Bird’s injuries as opposed to what this bloke would contribute on the field.

seriously, let him milk the Uncle Nick wallet next year too. He’d only be here for a year for the $$$ then go to Roosters anyway to really get used for his “culture”

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ever since his junior days and since his debut at the Doggies, he left for the dragons and I was gutted. But I only joined the the kennel 2 years ago, so no one knows this because he was gone by then an wasn’t talked about, Lafai has always been one of my all time favourites, hence why I am so excited he’s back, and have been singing his praises, that’s why I don’t give a damn what anyone thinks. I love this club and him coming back is special for me.!!
Lafai might not get signed for 2021, he might not go great. But I'm with you, I hope he does, and also I love POSITIVE "I don't care" passion. We need more of it on here, most of the passion posts are fans being negative about players. Love seeing people sharing what they love about our players.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF? he still has a $5million contract with Toronto for next year hasnt he?? Of course he would break that to help us out. F off. Sick of this media bullshit. If Roosters get a threepeat there is a higher chance he will do one more year there. We need good young players not someoen who will be 36 next year and walked out on us previously. Like we can just forget that?? Send him back to Super league the money chasing hasbeen

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF? he still has a $5million contract with Toronto for next year hasnt he?? Of course he would break that to help us out. F off. Sick of this media bullshit. If Roosters get a threepeat there is a higher chance he will do one more year there. We need good young players not someoen who will be 36 next year and walked out on us previously. Like we can just forget that?? Send him back to Super league the money chasing hasbeen
at the moment toronto's future in the super league is on hold for 2021 as they have broken their original contract. they will have to sign a new agreement to be able to play so i would say all players contracted to them would be free to move onto other clubs (like this year) if they are excluded from next years competition

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let him go play French Rugby again. He wouldn't come cheap for a full season even though he's 35.

Even those that want him back surely wouldn't want to waste 600-700k on him for one season and miss out on a future star who would be here long term?

I'm sorry I just don't see the logic in signing him and that's putting my hatred for him aside. Thankfully there's likely next to no chance of it happening.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather chase Pangai Jnr or Asiata for much less than a 35 year old 1 year mercenary who will as sure as shit go back to the Roosters for an after footy career anyway. Robbo said “Sonny is a Rooster”. Get it?!?! He’ll never EVER be a Bulldog again in his heart. Fk him

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“We’d be definitely keen to look at it,” Hill said. “Who wouldn’t want Sonny Bill, but would he ever play against the Roosters. Who knows?”

For SBW it would be a fitting end to go back to where it all started.
Doesn't that say it all? Even our CEO understands the connection between Uncle Nick and his mate Sonny.....Let's not revisit this as he has burnt his bridges with us....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes its $150k up front and a sugar bag full of cash in the boot of his loan car.
Can't wait for the stories abot Keary and Tedesco taking pay cuts to stay at the Rorters, that'll be next just wait and see.
Yep, so they can sign Sonny Bill next year.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did a Bulldogs "junior" come to love the Roosters so much? He's the prick that walked out on us, he screwed us over and now he's in love with the Roosters. I don't get it. What the fuck did we do to him and why does he consider the Rorters his "family"?
With apologies to my favourite group ABBA ..."Money money money...must be funny in a rich man's world"......"Money money money always SONNY in a rich man's world"...