Bulldogs recruit Nu Brown wants to play along side Kieran Foran in the halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it was phrased like A, sweet. But he didn't.
“I said to Deano, ‘I didn’t come here to be a reserve or be used as a utility, I’ve come here to make a name for myself and a fresh start’"

He needs to prove and earn that he can cut it before demanding where he should be played.
To me, he is not demanding it, he is stating his goals are and i am assuming he knows he needs to prove himself. Depends how you interpret his comments I guess...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For me Danny was easily our biggest surprise for forwards this year. Him and Montoya really came on and cemented themselves as top 13 in my eyes. I remember a game
This year where he started we copped a lot of injuries and he played a lot of minutes which I had concerns over due to his size and not being asked to do
It before but he delivered. He has all
The right attributes to make a good nrl forward and if he can follow guys like klemmer woods Jackson we have 4 genuine nrl starters. Hopefully rfm works on his d big time and becomes the 5th. I would love nothing more then to see us use Eastwood’s coin and sign Crichton for 2019. Klem woods jacko Crichton Fuafalo would be amazing. Especially if tualau and couple other kids can improve off the bench.
Fualalo would be my 2nd choice after Jackson at lock. Fualalo's health issues kinda set him back a bit, but hopefully with a season and full off season he can kick on and build off last season. He's fairly agile for a big guy and has some decent footwork and strength. And like you said, he does surprisingly well in defence and has a decent motor, so the defensive load at lock won't be a major hurdle to overcome for him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fualalo would be my 2nd choice after Jackson at lock. Fualalo's health issues kinda set him back a bit, but hopefully with a season and full off season he can kick on and build off last season. He's fairly agile for a big guy and has some decent footwork and strength. And like you said, he does surprisingly well in defence and has a decent motor, so the defensive load at lock won't be a major hurdle to overcome for him.
I agree I went with him at lock as I haven’t seen much ball playing or offload in Jackson this far in his career. Danny looks like he may have a touch

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Fualalo can do a good job at lock. May be better there than as a prop of the bench.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree. Fualalo can do a good job at lock. May be better there than as a prop of the bench.
With klem and woods able to put such minutes in (let’s say 60) fualalo would be wasted on bench for prop. Tualau would be good for a couple shorter stints I’d say as he’s a big man for impact and runs hard and still has time to adjust to nrl. Also got tolman let’s not forget who can soak minutes at prop.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With klem and woods able to put such minutes in (let’s say 60) fualalo would be wasted on bench for prop. Tualau would be good for a couple shorter stints I’d say as he’s a big man for impact and runs hard and still has time to adjust to nrl. Also got tolman let’s not forget who can soak minutes at prop.
Yeah mate, fualalo and rfm have reached the stage in their career that they should demand longer minutes. Question is whose minutes they gonna take?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah mate, fualalo and rfm have reached the stage in their career that they should demand longer minutes. Question is whose minutes they gonna take?
Well both played last year. I see them getting more minutes I’d take 20-30 off tolman and kasianos 25 is free too

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of those minutes will probably go to eastwood if he is playing next year. If im not mistaken, tualau took his spot when he was injured.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree I went with him at lock as I haven’t seen much ball playing or offload in Jackson this far in his career. Danny looks like he may have a touch
Jackson can ball play and has a decent pass on either side, he's also footy smart. Didn't get to see much of it like with a lot players under Des' system in recent years. Ennis has also previously spoken about Jackson ball skills.

I do think Jackson isn't up there with the best offensive edge forwards in the game though, he's never been great at running lines and it's probably why he will struggle to make rep sides in future years. I always thought he was better running in behind the ruck or cutting back inside. No reason why he can't improve the lines he runs and i'm sure with better systems in place his lines will get better and be more effective, but to me he just looks more suited to lock and his SOO performance while playing there was very impressive.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brad Abbey said that he did not come here to play reserves. Because of Supercoach, he did not get to realise his potential.
Abbey will shine at the Raiders despite Stuart being coach.
Nu Brown is the same. He needs to show he has what it takes. He did not show it with Samoa.

A

Alexander the Great

Brad Abbey said that he did not come here to play reserves. Because of Supercoach, he did not get to realise his potential.
Abbey will shine at the Raiders despite Stuart being coach.
Nu Brown is the same. He needs to show he has what it takes. He did not show it with Samoa.
Samoa as a team in general were below average so tough to judge him on that. I will confess i have not really seen much of him play when he was at the sharks so not sure what to expect with Ben Roberts jnr next year...

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson can ball play and has a decent pass on either side, he's also footy smart. Didn't get to see much of it like with a lot players under Des' system in recent years. Ennis has also previously spoken about Jackson ball skills.

I do think Jackson isn't up there with the best offensive edge forwards in the game though, he's never been great at running lines and it's probably why he will struggle to make rep sides in future years. I always thought he was better running in behind the ruck or cutting back inside. No reason why he can't improve the lines he runs and i'm sure with better systems in place his lines will get better and be more effective, but to me he just looks more suited to lock and his SOO performance while playing there was very impressive.
I agree with all of this, but I would add that he didn't really get the opportunity to run lines under Des, and was never put into gaps with passing at the line.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talking confidently is one thing but needs to prove it on the field. So I guess will just have to wait and see next season.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Samoa as a team in general were below average so tough to judge him on that. I will confess i have not really seen much of him play when he was at the sharks so not sure what to expect with Ben Roberts jnr next year...
Agree. Samoa were disgraceful. Poorly coached and forwards got dominated. Difficult for any half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with all of this, but I would add that he didn't really get the opportunity to run lines under Des, and was never put into gaps with passing at the line.
Yh ofcourse, it wasn't exactly a high priority in Des' systems, it also didn't help our halves either. But Jackson never really excelled in that area coming through the grades.

I still think Martin runs the best lines of any forward at the club, he's been the best edge forward in QLD and NSW reserve comps, so hopefully he can make the step up to firstgrade. RFM is another that i think could be a damaging runner out on the edge, his combination of speed, footwork and strength is up there with the best forwards in the game, just needs to train hard and discipline himself if he wants to step up as a consistent NRL footballer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree. Samoa were disgraceful. Poorly coached and forwards got dominated. Difficult for any half.
Brown couldn't even get a crack in the halves until Roberts was out of the side, he rotated at hooker every game other game.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me we need Mbye to step up for once and deliver on his pay packet.

Mbye
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoops
Montoya
Clee
Foran
Woods
Lichaa
Klem
Jacko
Rfm
Fuafalo

Tolman(he is top 17, much prefer he fucked off though he’s a poor man woods)
Tualau
Brown
Elliott/martin/priest/to’omaga whoever claims last spot
Great starting forward dude. Very moblie and explosive back row. Danny F at lock is perfect. Rfm jackson on the edges is spot on. Thats the exactly same pack i would have.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DANNY F HAS TO BE OUR STARTING LOCK. Who else agrees?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine Woods Klemmer Danny F as our middle starting middle forwards. Our go forward will be off the charts.

Jackson RFM on the edges. All of a sudden we have one of if nit the best pack in the game

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh ofcourse, it wasn't exactly a high priority in Des' systems, it also didn't help our halves either. But Jackson never really excelled in that area coming through the grades.

I still think Martin runs the best lines of any forward at the club, he's been the best edge forward in QLD and NSW reserve comps, so hopefully he can make the step up to firstgrade. RFM is another that i think could be a damaging runner out on the edge, his combination of speed, footwork and strength is up there with the best forwards in the game, just needs to train hard and discipline himself if he wants to step up as a consistent NRL footballer.
Rfm just looks explosive and skilful. So many times I saw the offload but due to our systems we couldn't capitalise.

Status
Not open for further replies.