Bulldogs Rebuild – CEO Aaron Warburton Confident of Success

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
. Stay patient either way. This year was always going to be a write off. Until half our pack and half our spine is good enough to walk into any club, then we have absolutley no chance on the field. We are on the right track but the real growth will start next year. We won’t remember this squad 3 years from now
I hope we don’t remember this squad in 3 years. I still wake up in cold sweats from Luke young, makasini ritcher and ben chizliskowski from 2005 :p

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton being at Penrith this season and getting game time and showing how good he plays is the best thing for us right now.

This gets other players in the comp excited and Burton is doing our recruiting for us.

It may be bleak and miserable this season but JAC signing with us shows we're our club is really at if an Australian rep in his prime from the best club in the comp signs with us.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Other big names will follow.
At full strength Burton doesn't make the 17. I think Edwards returns round 8. Hopefully for us the Panthers keep sustaining injuries so Burton can continue to play.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
To all fans stick this quote up on your wall.....

Be disappointed, be angry if you must, but don’t give up. That’s the message from Warburton.
That reminded me of the late, great, basketball coach Jim Valvano and his famous quote.

jimmyv.jpg

It's also a quote that I incorporated into my life and into my own mentality.

Side note, there is a really good documentary about Jimmy V and his time coaching North Carolina State University, called Survive and Advance by ESPN 30 for 30 series. It's worth watching for any sports fan and to see how inspirational Jimmy V was, not only as a coach, but as a human being as well.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Having a plan is not in and of itself a positive thing, the wrong plan can create problems (looking at you 2 premierships in 5 years). What really counts is the details of that plan. The details revealed so far, such as those in this article are encouraging. Thanks for posting it.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Long term coach with a vision. Seems like club is going all in with Trent's vision. Hard to see them firing him this season or next as some have been suggesting.
Barrett will be given 3 yrs and I really hope he fixes this mess within this time frame because if he doesn't then I'm afraid it will be agony for the fans for years .

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the dialogue is relevant and wanting instant results is Naive.. Programs and systems destroyed for many seasons and yet ppl expect on field results in weeks with the new coach and program. Lets see how we stand in 2026 which when i would expect us pushing consistently for premierships.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take on this is they have put a lot of emphasis in getting the front office right. Like, they invested and prioritised heavily on processes and procedures from top to bottom. Basically refurbishing the whole joint and getting everyone on board and on the same page. It's kind of like office first, footy second because they know on field this year isn't going to be relevant because like their office refurbishment the team will have a whole refurbishment at the end of the year, clearing the floor for a whole new outlook.

It makes sense that by the time we clear the floor of the team the office is setup and ready to go in unity. Sounds like a plan and that's why patience is the key here. As frustrating as it is with current results we just have to get on board and trust what we are hearing.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Having a plan is not in and of itself a positive thing, the wrong plan can create problems (looking at you 2 premierships in 5 years). What really counts is the details of that plan. The details revealed so far, such as those in this article are encouraging. Thanks for posting it.
A bad plan is better than no plan at all!

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its the most positive read about the direction of the club and where we are at in many a season.I think what Hill started and Warburton has continued to add has has been great.The rest will come and we will rise again on the field .Maybe that negotiation with contracted players is referance to BSmith ?.Anyway lets run with positivity that while we may be down with our team that in such tough times the club is at strength again.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
why are we a long way away from where we want to be as a development club when we knew as early as late 2017 that our cap was f*+#ed and that we could not be active in the transfer market for 2-3 years... what exactly was the club doing in 2018, 2019 and 2020 as to junior development?
Thats simple.. the board and management of the juniors was not a priority.. the fact that the old regime couldnt address the mistakes of Dib Castle and Hasler ultimately cost their place at the head of the table.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thats simple.. the board and management of the juniors was not a priority.. the fact that the old regime couldnt address the mistakes of Dib Castle and Hasler ultimately cost their place at the head of the table.
But Chris Anderson said we were now a development club and would scour the country for juniors?

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hopefully some of the negatory norbit's will read and listen to the voice of reason and trust the process and focus on what is needed from the top brass.
take your own advise and read it. "negatory norbit's" WTF

"I truly resonate with what it means to turn up week in and week up. You’ll never hear me say you can’t be upset. Every supporter feels the way they do because they’re a fan"

"You’ll never hear me say their opinion is wrong "