Bulldogs Re-sign Lachlan Lewis for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued the development of their squad for next year by re-signing exciting halfback Lachlan Lewis for a further two years.

The nephew of the great Wally Lewis, Lachlan has transitioned into the Bulldogs NRL side this season with some excellent performances that have showed strength in defence and a vision to play what is ahead of him.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to secure Lewis' services for another two years:

"Despite being only 21 years of age, Lachie has shown that he has the desire and ability to be a big part of our club going forward. He has transitioned well into our NRL squad in recent weeks and his signing is a positive sign for what lies ahead for the club, as well as another important stage of our recruitment process for next season.”

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox Sports when reporting we were trying to lock him down said he's been guaranteed a spot in the 2019 team.

As a guess that means Pay is looking at
1: Meaney/Hoppa
6: Lewis
7: Foran/Cogger
9: JMK/Lichaa/Brown

That's a pretty weak spine. If we do get Foran retired and move Lichaa on and keep Hoppa in the centres that would be by far the youngest spine in the comp.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We get it he’s King Wally Neff lol talk about OTT

Yes good signing

Now for Martin

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fox Sports when reporting we were trying to lock him down said he's been guaranteed a spot in the 2019 team.

As a guess that means Pay is looking at
1: Meaney/Hoppa
6: Lewis
7: Foran/Cogger
9: JMK/Lichaa/Brown

That's a pretty weak spine. If we do get Foran retired and move Lichaa on and keep Hoppa in the centres that would be by far the youngest spine in the comp.
1. Hoppa

6. Foran
7. Lewis

9. JMK

14. Brown

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
Interesting how the press release refers to him as a halfback and not a five-eighth or half.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news, now stitch up Martin (a Terry Lamb clone in my opinion) and that will make my day :grinning:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he will end up in the centres but i like him at 6 though he will need to move should Foran get back on the field in the future

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he will end up in the centres but i like him at 6 though he will need to move should Foran get back on the field in the future
I really don't get why people think he will end up there, don't you think his running game is lacking? Not exactly blessed with pace or footwork.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Good solid signing but I don't think he is the savior that lots thinks he is.
PS-I hope I'm wrong

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good solid signing but I don't think he is the savior that lots thinks he is.
PS-I hope I'm wrong
He may not be the savior but he has shown heart and enthusiasm and he definitely has some talent and skill.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
He may not be the savior but he has shown heart and enthusiasm and he definitely has some talent and skill.
Totally agree and I'm guessing we payed the right price for him. But he is not a gamebreaker type player that we are lacking. (Well not yet anyway).

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His defense is good for a young bloke, tackled a Burgess one on one in the last game and the commentator had to correct himself afterwards crediting him for the tackle cause he thought someone else tackled him.

Status
Not open for further replies.