Bulldogs prop David Klemmer in line for selection for Australia’s Four Nations charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IF Canterbury prop David Klemmer is picked as a Kangaroos bolter on Tuesday, the first man he will have to thank will be teammate James Graham.

But should Klemmer find himself in the Four Nations line-up when Australia tackles England on November 2, the 20-year-old won’t be doing his British bulldog mentor any favours.

“We would probably lock horns,” Klemmer said.

“We are mates off the field, but on the field we would go at it.”

Australia are expected to blood a couple of young front rowers in their squad for the Four Nations tournament which starts on October 25 in Brisbane, with several international props unavailable through injury and suspension.

The absence of Matt Scott, Nate Myles, James Tamou, Andrew Fifita and Paul Gallen leaves Australia looking light on experience in the engine room, but opens the door for some young bulls to make their mark.

Wests Tigers and NSW work horse Aaron Woods is set to lead the pack after starring for the Prime Minister’s XIII in Papua New Guinea on Sunday, but Klemmer is vying for a place in the squad along with Bulldogs teammate Aiden Tolman, Josh Papalii, Brenton Lawrence, Dylan Napa and Jacob Lillyman.

Klemmer has come off the interchange bench in all 27 of his NRL appearances, but at two metres tall and 120kg, the Canterbury youngster offers tremendous impact.

Since making grade last season, Klemmer has worked closely with Graham, arguably the benchmark prop in the NRL.

Graham was in unstoppable form to finish the season and will lead English hopes in the international tournament also featuring New Zealand and Samoa, particularly given the unavailability of injured Sam Burgess.

David Klemmer says James Graham has made him a better footballer. .
“He’s just made me a better footballer,” he said.

“I used to just run straight at blokes and he’s taken me under his wing and shown me how to be a better, smarter front rower.

“That little step before the line, just not running straight at someone and getting up-ended. And also working on my passing game. He’s a good ball player and I like learning off him.” Klemmer said he’d be shocked if a Kangaroos jersey came his way, but also ready to take his opportunity.

“If I do get that chance then I’ll be more than ready. I’ll take it with both hands,” he said.

“It’s every kid’s dream to play for their country.

“But I’ll just have to wait and see, I might have to wait a couple of years.

“If not, I’m just happy to play first grade every week and concentrate on my pre-season for a big year next year.”

N

Natboy

Will be great experience for him and he'll learn so much. As long as he doesn't get injured!!

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Lol is woods leading australia now?

He is the softest forward in the game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he gets a run as a Roo then comes out next year and has the season of his life.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Will be great to see him get a run for the Kangaroos. Wish him all the best.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if even 1 bulldog will get picked. Tolman had a great 8 weeks or so leading into the finals, he was a different player.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta pick Tolman first if they want Klemmer

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish him all the best, I just hope he doesn't get injured and miss a big chunk of the pre-season because he will benefit greatly from it after his first full season in 1st grade.

This kids got the ability, size and motor to be the most damaging prop in the game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Great for him to be learning his trade from such a great prop in Graham at age 20, he's very lucky and so are we. I'm not needing any BS on this answer but is he a qlder or blue?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aaron woods is a media slut and kisses joey johns arse every tym he sees him so he is a shoe in for the aussie side. Too bad its become very political since knob head sheens took over especially with his constant selection of robbie wanker farahhhh

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Aaron woods is a media slut and kisses joey johns arse every tym he sees him so he is a shoe in for the aussie side. Too bad its become very political since knob head sheens took over especially with his constant selection of robbie wanker farahhhh
Probably on my own but I don't rate Woods at all, mediocre at best and waits out back most of the game.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If rather he run straight tbh.
Too tall to run straight as we saw afew times this year he gets picked up and put on his back or dragged backwards when he does so, A little step at the line is exactly what he needs to add untill he packs on afew more kgs

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably on my own but I don't rate Woods at all, mediocre at best and waits out back most of the game.
Im with u grogdog hence the media slut term i used. i think nappa and klemmer are a ten times better player than woods.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Im with u grogdog hence the media slut term i used. i think nappa and klemmer are a ten times better player than woods.
Yeah I gathered you weren't a fan either mate. Bloke needs a haircut too!

Status
Not open for further replies.