Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods’ haircut savaged by rugby league fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ca59e8ddd25c8666a05d3eda91ab8a37

Aaron Woods’ new hairdo hasn’t been received well by NRL fans.Source: Getty Images
SORRY Woodsy, but it’s time to get another new haircut.

That’s the message from NRL fans, who have taken to social media in droves to express their displeasure with the Canterbury prop’s latest ‘do.

Even though the NSW Origin star was making his Bulldogs NRL debut on Saturday night against Melbourne in Perth, all the attention was on his hair as opposed to his performance.

Aaron Woods' haircut hasn't been received well by NRL fans.Source: FOX SPORTS

Hair of the Dog: Aaron Woods' new haircut.Source: FOX SPORTS
The former Wests Tigers skipper has sported a long mane for most of his NRL career, so much so it’s become a trademark look.

But since his move to Belmore, he’s had a significant snip — and footy fans aren’t, well, fans.

“I’m calling it right now, Aaron Woods the ugliest hair in the #NRL by a country mile,” one Twitter user posted.

Another one said: “Aaron Woods’ hair could be the worst thing to happen to Perth since the Reds wound up.”

Aaron Woods’ locks while he was playing for the Wests Tigers in 2017.Source: News Corp Australia
For the record, the Bulldogs went down 36-18, with Woods running for 117 metres while also making 31 tackles and four offloads.

Check out just some of the reaction to his haircut below:

Woods1.jpg Woods2.jpg Woods3.jpg

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone else who needs a shave is klemmer number 2 should do it don't forget to shave your beard

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
one of the worst hair cuts i have ever seen :grinning: . Couldn't care less though, unlike some people on here that have it in for the guy before he even played 1 game for us, i'm happy he is here and it's no surprise whatsoever that he got the most run meters for us against the storm.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's just a case of a haircut that just doesn't suit him.

Personally I don't think the long hair does at all, but then neither does the full shaved head.

This was him in 2009..

upload_2018-3-11_23-7-25.png

and this was him as a young boy!

upload_2018-3-11_23-8-40.png

His best two looks are these in my opinion.

upload_2018-3-11_23-10-15.png

His forehead is thinning from having his hair pulled back to much (from the lumberjack look), and the only way to hide the receeding hairline is having his hair pushed forwards.

I'd also be really interested to see how he looks without a beard.

Infact, that'd throw the opposition... completely new haircut and shave the beard, and have it kept under wraps till the next game :D

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
one of the worst hair cuts i have ever seen :grinning: . Couldn't care less though, unlike some people on here that have it in for the guy before he even played 1 game for us, i'm happy he is here and it's no surprise whatsoever that he got the most run meters for us against the storm.
Mbye 145m
Woods 133m
Klemmer 120m

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
If he’s trying to be a hipster, he’s failing.

I even reckon Woodsy looks like a soccer player

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's realised it's thinning and tried to change it up. It's not a good look and if he's aiming to get it longer again it will take a few months. As long as Sharron is playing good footy I couldn't care less if he wears it in pigtails with pink ribbons.

Reactions: DT

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think we're being a little harsh on Aaron Woods.
I recall as a kid the famous Geoff Robinson did trim his hair a couple of times throughout his career with the Dogs and didn't cop it too bad .
I guess there wasn't much Instagram in those days eh ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He won’t need to worry about his hair for too much longer it’s starting to recede....

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wouldn't look out of place at a 'My little ponies' birthday party.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone seriously wrote this rubbish, unbelievable.

I couldn't give a fuck if he shaves one half of his head, it's his business.
Exactly. Why do we care what a bunch of shit c*** nobodies think on twitter. He could have the outline of a dick on his head - the only thing I care about is his performance for the dogs and I reckon he had a solid debut.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you look good you feel good, it needs work.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t need to see stats to confirm Woods played well

He did more than any of our props last year and this was his first hit out!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I know is he played awesome on the weekend. I don't care what his hair looks like.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the important Stat here is people tuned in to watch in turn commenting. We must be popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.