Off season podcasts (and audio media snippets) on Bulldogs specific topics

Malla

Reaction score
There’s just more podcasts all round now. They’ve followed the American sports blueprint. Means there’s more shit podcasts than good ones but generally speaking I like Bloke in a Bar. Finchy has been getting on really good guests but he’s the worst person to host a podcast, just can’t stop talking about himself.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s just more podcasts all round now. They’ve followed the American sports blueprint. Means there’s more shit podcasts than good ones but generally speaking I like Bloke in a Bar. Finchy has been getting on really good guests but he’s the worst person to host a podcast, just can’t stop talking about himself.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not that its an overly important thing but Im glad the question was put to Trent about rumblings from players and that he put it to bed as newspaper filler without merit.
I thought the interview would be pretty much all things already said in previous interviews but Trent keeps delivering.
He is everything common sense, its been a while.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% - he seems that he has also wrapped his head on areas the team has to improve. He’s also not a fan on knee jerk decisions, a lesson from his days at Manly.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% - he seems that he has also wrapped his head on areas the team has to improve. He’s also not a fan on knee jerk decisions, a lesson from his days at Manly.
Im comfortable knowing that its going to take time. We have buggar all in regards to halves/playmakers so Im not expecting anything miraculous this year. I just feel we have a coach that knows footy, must have done something right at Penrith and I think we will improve.
He obviously wants to return us to being a no nonsense professional powerhouse and has spoken about the Clubs rich history, its fans expectations etc.

Although Elliot annoys me to death, it sounds like the Club took all things into consideration and dealt with it fairly and professionally. Were probably pissed off with the distraction, didnt hang him out to dry, probably coached him to shut his mouth about it moving forward, supported him and he played well on the weekend as a result.

Things have been very positive.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im comfortable knowing that its going to take time. We have buggar all in regards to halves/playmakers so Im not expecting anything miraculous this year. I just feel we have a coach that knows footy, must have done something right at Penrith and I think we will improve.
He obviously wants to return us to being a no nonsense professional powerhouse and has spoken about the Clubs rich history, its fans expectations etc.

Although Elliot annoys me to death, it sounds like the Club took all things into consideration and dealt with it fairly and professionally. Were probably pissed off with the distraction, didnt hang him out to dry, probably coached him to shut his mouth about it moving forward, supported him and he played well on the weekend as a result.

Things have been very positive.
Hopefully Elliot feels that he owes the club a stellar year

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Winny and Clarkey ladder predictions. They discuss the Dogs at 33 minute mark.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Winny and Clarkey ladder predictions. They discuss the Dogs at 33 minute mark.
Agree with the pink shirt bloke about Flanagan. I thought he was pretty good for the Roosters, just not the instant new Cronk they dreamed of - in his first year. There was plenty of other blokes at the Roosters that deserved more blame for their year, including the coach. Baz has faith in him and I'll go with that.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with the pink shirt bloke about Flanagan. I thought he was pretty good for the Roosters, just not the instant new Cronk they dreamed of - in his first year. There was plenty of other blokes at the Roosters that deserved more blame for their year, including the coach. Baz has faith in him and I'll go with that.
I think the roosters had a better young player in walker coming through... flano had big wraps but nothing like this walker kid!