Bulldogs players ready to kick into gear against Cronulla Sharks in return to Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It may be far from do or die for the Bulldogs but Canterbury players know their premiership credentials will be tested when they face Cronulla on Sunday.

At the club's spiritual home at Belmore Oval, the Bulldogs will host a Cronulla side who sit two points behind them on the competition ladder.

The two top eight sides come into the game with last start wins, but Bulldogs fullback Brett Morris said the match was significant in the shaping of each club's seasons.

"It's very important," Morris said. "We are both in the same position where we need to keep winning games. Now is the time to start stringing wins together. We know it's going to be a tough effort, playing [at Belmore] the crowd can get us home.

"Obviously with Origin and all that over all the distractions are gone now. It's time for us to focus on our footy.

"I thought we played quite well [against Parramatta last week]. The first half wasn't the best we played. The second half we came out and did a job and what we needed to do."

Minus the injured Tony Williams the Bulldogs are now at full strength. Injuries, suspension and Origin duties have plagued their season, with the side struggling to find consistency. But centre Josh Morris said there were no more excuses for lacklustre performances.

"It's a big game for both of us," Josh Morris said. "We're both inside the eight. We need to get that consistency in the finals of winning games and we have a tough draw. Every win is vital.

"We've had a pretty solid run with injuries and suspensions. The Origin period where we had blokes out and not being able to train. We can't really use that as an excuse.

We're in the position where we have a full strength side and we have to get those combinations right so we're winning these games."

The Bulldogs play at Belmore Oval on Sunday afternoon for the second time this year. Their return to Belmore against the Storm was a sold-out clash with the roar of the fans one of the competition highlights this season. Bulldogs players would sing their team song on the field as they celebrated a 20-4 win.

Brett Morris described it as one of his favourite experiences. "For a smaller ground it was unbelievable," he said.

"It was just as loud as playing at some of the bigger stadiums. The fans were going crazy. We put a lot of points on early and got the crowd right into it. It was pretty awesome.

"When Josh Reynolds came off the bench they were going crazy. It's certainly one of those things you enjoy as a footballer being part of."

It is expected Sunday's match will sell out before the weekend. Josh Morris said he had never experienced "such a one-sided crowd".

"Speak to [ex-players] Luke Patten and Bobcat [Andrew Ryan] and they were so jealous of us being able to run out in front of a crowd at Belmore," he said. "It was a massive honour. The crowd was awesome. It gave the boys a boost and the crowd will be even bigger on Sunday."

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We better win and I hope there are no Sharks supportes there ,we need to fill every seat and grass blade our season start now come on doggies!!!!!!!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"At the club's spiritual home at Belmore Oval, the Bulldogs will host a Cronulla side who sit two points behind them on the competition ladder."

Do these journos even bother to check anything they write?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only the boys could take that feeling of playing at Belmore into every game!!! Our side would be unstoppable. If only we had played Brisbane at Belmore the result would have been different.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"At the club's spiritual home at Belmore Oval, the Bulldogs will host a Cronulla side who sit two points behind them on the competition ladder."

Going by the for and against I cant help but pray that we have a decent win over the sharks and that the storm and bunnies have humiliating loses this weekend.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I'm sure he meant just two places below us on the table. Just so you know, the NRL writes a lot of these meaningless articles and sends them direct to the journalist for use. I suspect that the journos often don't read them, just stick a byline on it and post it. Its just to promote the game.

On another point how congested is the table? The NRL via the salary cap is trying to place handicaps so that every club is equal and they must be looking at this table and saying "job well done to themselves". Even the Raiders aren't out of it yet. Nightmare for us as supporters but a dream result for punters, and that is increasingly clear what it is all about.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs players ready to kick into gear against Cronulla Sharks in return to...

Hey we have positive for and against only 24 behind Souffs so we need to put the sam score on sharks that we did on oarra and hope souffs lose

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The work ethic shown against Parra was unbelievable, if we retain the same mentality then the world is the Bulldogs oyster, a few teams are hitting their straps after ironing out the bugs and we are not the only contenders.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Mbye is dropped because Reynolds didn't get that long on Belmore last time around (but he ripped in when he did).

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players r fired up how bout us fans. Hope all of you getting out to the game bring your loudest voice. For those who have never been u r in for an experience. I cannot wait! !!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds needs to control himself, this could be the game where he could suspend himself for a long time if he lets his emotions get the better of him.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs players ready to kick into gear against Cronulla Sharks in return to...

Reynolds needs to control himself, this could be the game where he could suspend himself for a long time if he lets his emotions get the better of him.
Very true. It's best he starts from the bench. Ennis gets under the skin of people, quite easily. Reynolds needs to remain calm at all times.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Very true. It's best he starts from the bench. Ennis gets under the skin of people, quite easily. Reynolds needs to remain calm at all times.
Aren't reynolds and ennis best friends. I think Reynolds is a god father to Ennis kids , I don't think Ennis will try anything on Reynolds

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Ennis has a shocker... Does it on purpose to give us hope as deep down he knows sharks can't do shit lol

Johnnie Red

New Pup
Reaction score
I really hope Ennis gets a good reception at Belmore. He was a great club man for many years and it was sad to see him go.
Other than a good reception I hope we smoke them by 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.