Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs players expect Mbye to see out season
Author
Alicia Newton
Timestamp
Tue 5 Jun 2018, 05:01 PM
The salary cap squeeze at Belmore means Moses Mbye will be at Wests Tigers in 2019 but his Bulldogs teammates are adamant the playmaker will see out the season at Canterbury.

The Tigers have made no secret of their desire to lure Mbye to Concord early as they chase their first finals appearance in seven seasons.

Tigers coach Ivan Cleary told ABC Grandstand last weekend the club could accommodate the move financially for this season, but admitted it was up to Mbye and the Bulldogs to organise an early release.

Bulldogs centre Will Hopoate suggested Mbye's initial discussions with teammates indicated he'll be around for the rest of 2018 to try and help his team recover from a horror first half of the season which has seen them win just three of 12 matches.

"That's a decision in Moey's hands but from what we know his time at the Tigers begins in 2019," Hopoate said on Tuesday.

"Moey addressed us as a team and he told us personally before he made it all official in the media. That's the world rugby league is, players come and go.

"He's told us all his effort and energy is into playing for Canterbury for the remainder of the season.

"We're going to need him at the back end of this season."

Bulldogs rookie Rhyse Martin also expects 24-year-old Mbye to see out the year at Belmore before moving to the joint venture on a lucrative four-year deal.

"As far as I know he's here for the rest of the year," Martin said.

Rhyse Martin scores a try on debut for the Bulldogs.©Scott Davis/NRL Photos
"We don't want Moses to go but we're happy for him and he said he's going to do his best for the rest of the year and no doubt he will.

"We all understand what you have to do sometimes but we're supportive. It would have been a hard decision for him, he's been here since a young kid."

Martin's own future is undecided beyond this season after a breakout month that has included an NRL debut.

The 25-year-old joined the Bulldogs in 2016 from Townsville and has looked comfortable in the forward pack despite limited opportunities.

"It would make it a lot easier [to stay]," Martin said. "I love the club and it's been a great place for me over the past two years. I'm trying to focus on playing in the NRL and giving myself the best opportunity.

"I haven't really thought about [my future]. The last month for me has been about trying to perform and staying up there. I forgot about being off contract all together to be honest."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/05/bulldogs-players-expect-mbye-to-see-out-season/

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haha who honestly believes any of this shit? 1. Hoppa is a liar, 2. Mbye is a liar and who has the gift of the gab, 3. Apparently coach and CEO said we weren't shopping him around because he was part of our future plans, yet here we are... cya Mbye don't want you even playing this weekend

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They both can leave. Won’t be missed.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why bother. He knows he is in at the tigers next year. Just go before June 30 so we can get our younger players experienced and ready for next year.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mbye wont see out the season he will sit out the season with a fake injury

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Name him at 18 every week for the rest of the season.
No FG no ISP...... and feed him burgers.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Olive (jmoz)
4. Holland (olive)
5. Montoya (holland)

Hoppa has definitely picked up pace compared to last year. Better FB than centre

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Olive (jmoz)
4. Holland (olive)
5. Montoya (holland)

Hoppa has definitely picked up pace compared to last year. Better FB than centre
Have to agree..even if he is the slowest FB in the comp.

These guys have to be given an individual list of kpi's...such as back up and follow the ball every set (or 10 times per half).

Offload at least 6 times. 15 tackles etc. Set tasks they have to perform. Break it down and make it simple for them cos they just have not got it so far.

And make them accountable.This half effort in key areas of game play has gone on for years.

These set performance tasks, and accountability, is especially needed for our halves..I'm at a loss to as to what else Pay and the club can do to try and get a FG 80 minute performance out of each of them...if you're gonna accept FG pay, you've gotta get the job done.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have to agree..even if he is the slowest FB in the comp.

These guys have to be given an individual list of kpi's...such as back up and follow the ball every set (or 10 times per half).

Offload at least 6 times. 15 tackles etc. Set tasks they have to perform. Break it down and make it simple for them cos they just have not got it so far.

And make them accountable.This half effort in key areas of game play has gone on for years.

These set performance tasks, and accountability, is especially needed for our halves..I'm at a loss to as to what else Pay and the club can do to try and get a FG 80 minute performance out of each of them...if you're gonna accept FG pay, you've gotta get the job done.
Have to agree his a slow fullback but at least he can do positional play

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Martin: "I forgot about being off contract all together to be honest"

I think that's a little porky there Rhyse...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye is going to the tigers an has no interest in the bulldogs ! So no need to have him hang around any longer..

Take a hike Matey !

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Martin: "I forgot about being off contract all together to be honest"

I think that's a little porky there Rhyse...
Martin will walk after being relegated to the bench by the evil Dean Pay.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he already left haven't seen him on the field since round 4

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.