Opinion Bulldogs players encouraged to watch other NRL games

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No doubt this is already happening unfortunately our players are watching tigers and dragons games instead of broncos and panthers.
So this is what we pay ciraldo the big bucks for. Surely they have their own internal video review sessions and specific training sessions and assistant coaches to address this.
Just buy the players a subscription to Kayo and get rid of all the coaches.
I’m guessing that they already have full days at training, and would like them to spend some time watching other games (in real time) to reinforce some of the information he projects in training and perhaps even pick up a nuance or two that someone else has not. Also they would be able to do this in the comfort of their own home.

I would not be surprised that having TPJ report back with his observations has proved worthwhile and gets the players more invested in the overall outcome.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the refs should be encouraged to read the rule book. I also think V'landys, Abdo and Annesley should be forced to read all of the comments from fans about how much they hate what these clowns have done to the sport.
Spot on.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep hip drops and crusher tackles are a joke and usually unavoidable. The refs egos are getting out of control. Look at Gerard Sutton. Absolute wanker
The crusher is easily controlled... as soon as a player turns and backs into the defence, the ref calls 'held' immediately. The action is then avoided.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no.... don't say things like that.... the 'gun will give you a full detailed thesis as to why Reed is sh!t, and why he is the main reason why Flanagan is ineffective and we should never have gotten rid of JuNK and probably a whole lot of other boring monotonous garbage he goes on with.
Thank God for that ignore button lol.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CC stated during the week that he would like our players to watch other NRL games, and feels this would be very beneficial for multiple reasons.

I personally like this idea as our team is in a phase of developing into a good NRL side. Tonight if you watch the Eels/Broncos game you can see how a good side (Broncos) respond to a bad ref decision that led directly to an Eels try. It’s almost like the Broncos lifted to get momentum back ASAP.

I also think there are benefits in watching little things the good sides do e.g being smart about using the ‘ref challenge’ and not wasting it, as we have done multiple times this year.

I realize we have bigger issues to sort out, but no reason why we can learn the simple things at the same time as fixing bigger issue (halfback etc) so that long term we become a smarter football team.
It seems ridiculous, given the amount of free time they have, that they aren't watching every nrl game. Kinda makes me understand why we are such a dumb footy team