Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOGSMAFIA

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mbye is not a hooker. Hooker nowadays need to make 40 plus tackles a game plus initiate the attack and control the ruck. It may be too early on moses.
these days most teams manufacture a hooker...Beau Falloon from Titans available anyone rate him for depth ?

DOGSMAFIA

Waterboy
Reaction score
Didn't we just sign a guy from dragons?

Also anyone know why we sacked Romelo
Dogs have option in there favour for romelo & didn't take it up

Just saw that but is he a hooker or fullback ?

We love to sign a player from the dragons LOL !!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs have option in there favour for romelo & didn't take it up

Just saw that but is he a hooker or fullback ?

We love to sign a player from the dragons LOL !!!
Both. From what I hear he played half his junior career at Hooker then moved to fullback.

DOGSMAFIA

Waterboy
Reaction score
Damien Cook is a solid depth signing. He looked the goods when i watched the cutters play last year
Damien Cook (born 23 June 1991) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the St. George Illawarra Dragons of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays hooker and fullback.
Playing career[edit]

Born in Sutherland, New South Wales, Cook played his junior football for Helensburgh before being signed by the Penrith Panthers. He played for the Panthers' NYC team in 2010 and 2011[SUP][1][/SUP] before being signed by the Illawarra Cutters.
In 2012, Cook signed a 1-year contract with the St. George Illawarra Dragons starting in 2013.
In Round 6 of the 2013 NRL season, Cook made his NRL debut for the Dragons against the Wests Tigers.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP]
On 22 September 2013, Cook was named on the interchange bench in the 2013 New South Wales Cup Team of the Year.[SUP][4]

[/SUP]
Height178 cm (5 ft 10 in)
Weight86 kg (13 st 8 lb)

DOGSMAFIA

Waterboy
Reaction score
Here is the NSWRL.com.au VB NSW Cup Team of the Year for 2013.
1. Henare Wells - Newtown Jets
2. Josh Mantellato - Newcastle Knights
3. Peter Mata'utia - Newcastle Knights
4. Stewart Mills - Cronulla Sharks
5. Eto Nabuli - Windsor Wolves
6. Darren Nicholls - North Sydney Bears (C)
7. Chad Townsend - Cronulla Sharks
8. Josh Starling - North Sydney Bears
9. Mitch Williams - Wyong Roos
10. Suaia Matagi - Auckland Vulcans
11. Ken Edwards - Wentworthville Magpies
12. Tupou Sopoaga - Cronulla Sharks
13. Tyrone Peachey - Cronulla Sharks

14. Damien Cook - Illawarra Cutters
15. Kane Evans - Newtown Jets
16. Sam Anderson - Windsor Wolves
17. Jason Clark - North Sydney Bears
18. Jarred Farlow - Wests Tigers

COACH: Tony Herman - Cronulla Sharks

MADE NSW CUP TEAM OF THE YEAR (SEE ABOVE)

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He posted earlier "congratulations bulldog supporters or the kennel, curtis had signed on a tweet in the fullback discussion thread. Did u not see that.
No I didn't, can you show me the quote?

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't get bombed for this, but it's just a question seeing iv never seen him play, why doesn't mbye suit fullback?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully I don't get bombed for this, but it's just a question seeing iv never seen him play, why doesn't mbye suit fullback?
The only reason I don't think Mbye would be suited for Fullback is because he hasn't played fullback. Meaning if we trained him as a fullback for the next year or 2 then maybe he would be a good fullback.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only reason I don't think Mbye would be suited for Fullback is because he hasn't played fullback. Meaning if we trained him as a fullback for the next year or 2 then maybe he would be a good fullback.
Yeh fair enough..pre season not long enough ay? That's all barba really had though isn't it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh fair enough..pre season not long enough ay? That's all barba really had though isn't it
The fortunate thing with Barba is that he played lots of games at fullback in the NYC and played a lot of football in the NSW Cup plus played a fair amount of first grade before he got the fullback role. If we did the same thing with Mbye over the next season then he would possibly be ready.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The fortunate thing with Barba is that he played lots of games at fullback in the NYC and played a lot of football in the NSW Cup plus played a fair amount of first grade before he got the fullback role. If we did the same thing with Mbye over the next season then he would possibly be ready.
Ok convinced

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It has now been removed along with his other garbage by jimmy i believe.
Are you referring to this one:

https://twitter.com/wiki_league/status/395128191162929152
wikileague ‏@wiki_league 29 Oct @fotmac83 @TheKennelForum @noggers1 congratulations i have just recieved information of your signing however will respect curts wishes
Because he doesn't have the speed, strength, or size required to be a quality fullback.

Was meant to be groomed for the halves/hooker, but Jaleen Graham has taken his spot it seems.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you referring to this one:

https://twitter.com/wiki_league/status/395128191162929152

Because he doesn't have the speed, strength, or size required to be a quality fullback.

Was meant to be groomed for the halves/hooker, but Jaleen Graham has taken his spot it seems.
Yes thank u mr invisible that is the congratulatory post i was referring to. Why would u congratulate the kennel if he had not signed with the bulldogs. Is he trying to take the piss or is he just an imbecile playing us as fools. I hopr trickma sees the above post.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I honestly did not delete that. Anyone can delete their own individual post.
I don't blame Jimmy. After talking to Jimmy about it, all of Dakars comments made the info he was given about Naughton fall into place and seem correct.

Dakar on the other hand has been playing ****ing games the whole time. Who cares if he did or didn't ever come out and say who he'd signed with. If he actually knew he was standing back and letting people get excited over nothing. He's a genuine tool

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't blame Jimmy. After talking to Jimmy about it, all of Dakars comments made the info he was given about Naughton fall into place and seem correct.

Dakar on the other hand has been playing ****ing games the whole time. Who cares if he did or didn't ever come out and say who he'd signed with. If he actually knew he was standing back and letting people get excited over nothing. He's a genuine tool
a couple of people, me included asked dakar nicely how he was in the know and he didn't want to know - couldn't even give a hint. I had the feeling then that he should be an enter at own risk prospect. I'm not saying he isn't someone with contacts but it was all a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.