Official Bulldogs player given 5 weeks suspension (Corey Waddell)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hudson Young did a legit eye gouge, (pressure/raking at the eye) and got 5 weeks didn’t he? Must be a blanket rule if your hand is in the eye area

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not guilty plea made a difference. Our defence was hopeless too. If we plead guilty he probably only gets 3.
100%. Being indignant didn’t help nor did Tino not appearing on his behalf. He was always going to cop something but 5 games seems heavy. I see the usual conspirators are off the leash again though :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Woddles defence statements were laughable. Sounded like a teenager talking to the principle. Takes zero responsibility for what was clearly a careless tackle.
There is this element to the unprofessional way this was managed by the club. He should have shown remorse and acceptance of some slight culpability. The fact others aren't brought to account for worse is just typical NRL.

There should not have been a hearing without the so called "victim's" evidence or the refs statement when the complaint was lodged by Tina on the field.

I am surprised this was not handled better now that Gus is GM Football.

Who are the MRC ex-player members anyway?

Dudded yet again ...and under Gus' watch....doesn't inspire any greatly improved outcomes for us going forward.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%. Being indignant didn’t help nor did Tino not appearing on his behalf. He was always going to cop something but 5 games seems heavy. I see the usual conspirators are off the leash again though :-).
I agree but the main point is like you said Tino not appearing on his behalf assuming that he says something like no pressure to his eyes or that area.
Tino is the one to make an on field complaint so why doesn’t the NRL make him answer a few questions via video link on the night in what is in my opinion a very serious charge.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL

NRL helping us for once. Waddell is our most useless player, should be banned for life for impersonating a FG player

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can't challenge a captains challenge as evidence by the West Tigers / Cowboy match but can you appeal and appeal sentencing?

2 weeks tops for having his hand where it shouldn't have been but 5 weeks! What a F'N joke! Compare this to similar previous offences.

Interesting to hear what Gus has to say.

Guys on NRL 360 Monday night pretty much all said he'd get off as there was nothing in it.

Tino didn't have a mark on him and nor did Tamou a few years back when Thompson copped 4 weeks for absolutely nothing!

I'm beginning to feel like Tigers supporters in thinking the NRL hierarchy and judiciary are corrupt in giving that 5 fucking weeks!

Klein should've been suspended for the rest of the year for what he did not only to the Tigers but those teams trying to get into a top 4 spot. He's made a mockery of the competition and will be sacked for how long? A lousy F'N week!
Agreed.

The act itself was stupid (the fact it was on Tino makes you wonder whether to a degree it was pre-meditated and just clumsy) but not worthy of 5 weeks. The justifications given for the length of the suspension (lack of contrition? poor judiciary record?) just papering over the chasm in their arguments.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but forgive me for placing my tinfoil hat on for a minute, and suggesting that this BS was orchestrated by Vlandys as a massive distraction from the Manly Pride jersey fiasco.

Wanted a different headline on the back pages today.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree but the main point is like you said Tino not appearing on his behalf assuming that he says something like no pressure to his eyes or that area.
Tino is the one to make an on field complaint so why doesn’t the NRL make him answer a few questions via video link on the night in what is in my opinion a very serious charge.
Yep, but I also don’t see much comparison with say Mansour who is clearly falling when he makes contact with the eyes. Waddell was clearly in a more controlled position making the tackle. I don’t think it deserves 5 weeks but he was always going to cop something and his insistence he did nothing wrong didn’t help. Will let TK’s legal experts examine the ‘corruption’ though :-).

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow & I thought he would get off another case of Bulldogs getting injustice from the NRL

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
5 weeks is ridiculous.. As is Finucane's suspension. But nothing surprises me with these muppets anymore. They're lucky any of us still watch this joke of a competition. They're certainly trying their best to turn fans away for good.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here i was thinking waddell was helping tino play peek a boo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL Judiciary is an "interesting" legal process in a number of ways;
  1. The NRL are the complainant, not the other player involved.
  2. That's why the other player doesn't have to appear. The defence should always have the right to call the player involved but the NRL is afraid that the players will "stick together". Which is a nice way of saying that the NRL believes that they will lie under oath and not tell the truth.
  3. The NRL are also the prosecutor.
  4. When a player is put on report they are usually told what for, "high tackle", "crusher" etc. What was Waddle put on report for, surely it had to be eye gouging? Because that was what Tino accused him of and what he complained to the ref about.
  5. The NRL is sneaky, they knew he would get off any eye gouging charge so they charged him with Ungraded Dangerous Contact. Nice and vague so they can manoeuvre around any defence of what should be an explicit charge.
  6. The NRL is also the jury, their "employees" get to decide the verdict. Last night they were judiciary chair Geoff Bellew and panel members ex players Dallas Johnson and Bob Lindner.
  7. The NRL is also the judge, they get to decide the punishment.
I am not aware of another judicial system in the free world where the same body is the complainant, prosecutor, jury and judge.

For DinkumDog does this mean that the NRL are corrupt? It could be argued that the NRL process is stacked, rigged and deliberately set up so that they get the result that they want. Is that corrupt, well in my view it doesn't follow any fair legal process outside of a dictatorship or communist country, so it certainly gets close.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, but I also don’t see much comparison with say Mansour who is clearly falling when he makes contact with the eyes. Waddell was clearly in a more controlled position making the tackle. I don’t think it deserves 5 weeks but he was always going to cop something and his insistence he did nothing wrong didn’t help. Will let TK’s legal experts examine the ‘corruption’ though :-).
All good I better watch what I’m saying didn’t realise we had professional legal people on TK.
One wrong move and its straight to Long Bay.