News Bulldogs player Adam Elliot opens up on Mad Monday scandal

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the last 15 months Canterbury’s Adam Elliott has been doing everything he can to make sure he is never remembered for ‘those’ photos.

In September 2018, Elliott and his Bulldogs teammates found themselves engulfed in a Mad Monday scandal.

Naked images of Elliott dancing on tabletops at a Sydney CBD pub were splashed all over the media. The photographs not only landed Elliott in hot water with the NRL but with the police and he was subsequently charged with wilful and obscene exposure.

Elliott, 25, pleaded guilty to charges and the magistrate slammed his conduct. But she also acknowledged he was regarded as being a “humble, well-mannered man”.

The backrower told Daily Telegraph he is constantly striving to be known as that humble, well-mannered man. This year Elliott was nominated for the Ken Stephen Medal for the work he does with the community.

“At the time it was hard to comprehend that it would all blow over but people around me were telling me it would. But I did have the faith and hope in my head that I would be a good enough person to create different memories of myself and a different perception of myself over time and it’s something that would be forgotten,” he said.

“I won’t ever forget it but I’ve learned from it, I’ve grown from it and hopefully people can see me in a different light.”

While Elliott has moved past that fateful Mad Monday, he admits it still hurts him when the issue is brought up, even as a joke among friends.

“It is still painful now when it does get brought up, no matter who brings it up … whether it’s a formal environment or non formal environment where people are joking about it … it still twists the knife a bit in my back,” Elliott said.

“It’s still a hard pill for me to swallow when it’s brought up because I feel like I have paid my dues.”

On the footy field, Elliott is solely focused on doing all he can to help return the Bulldogs to its glory days of the 1980s.

The Belmore club finished season 2019 on a high after claiming five wins from six games to close out their campaign.

For Elliot, it’s a sign the club is on the rise and is benefiting from a period of stability post the 2018 Mad Monday fallout and past well-documented salary cap issues.

“It’s been great for us to avoid the headlines this season. As much as you say you try to block out the outside noise, it’s extremely hard … not even the best of the best can do it, it still affects people. For us, the fact off-field stuff hasn’t been a problem is a huge step forward,” he said.

“We have clear minds as a team coming into pre-season, we don’t need to go into protection mode for any other reason than being the best footy players we can be.”

His side will get to put all hard work over pre-season to test in a blockbuster round one clash against western-Sydney rivals Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium.

“I’m so pumped … I saw it straight away as soon as the schedule got announced and I was over the moon. I’m just so excited for it. I love playing against Parramatta,” Elliott said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/e4d998c5408dfd57270ea8626038109a

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We needed something to make the Dogs look bad again im guessing hahaha . We upset the media and have behaved this time round so gotta dig up old stories and recycle.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrorgraph playbook. Probably trying to scare off potential sponsors.
Can't believe he even spoke to the scumbags after they did everything possible to ruin his career in search of a headline.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There will be one offered. We need to keep our better players.
I know he’s a lot of peoples scapegoat but I don’t mind re-signing him if we don’t retain all of our “work horses”

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As always Elliot is over hyped and over payed!!! As for the media we should just nick name him the mouth of Belmore. Elliot is always willing to talk no matter what the topic. Another Mbye 2.0 if you will.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like to know what was going through the photographers mind that made him decide to take naked photos of him without consent? I am not Elliot's biggest fan but you still can't justify taking nude photos like that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know he’s a lot of peoples scapegoat but I don’t mind re-signing him if we don’t retain all of our “work horses”
He's got youth on his side and loads of enthusiasm but I've just never seen great skills from him at all.
But good point - speaking of workhorses, Tolman will be almost 32 at the end of this coming season so hard seeing him getting another deal unless it's a 2021 extension like some of the others have received and may depend on Thompson or another move.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to know what was going through the photographers mind that made him decide to take naked photos of him without consent? I am not Elliot's biggest fan but you still can't justify taking nude photos like that.
Money. Many newspaper photographers are freelance and get paid depending on the content they deliver. That don't make it right, but that would've been the motivation I'd say - he climbed a bloody tree to get the shot.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
His best skills are knocking on in our own 20m and dropping grubbers back to the opposition to gift them tries..... oh and dumb penalties when we have teams pinned down their end

He comes up with the odd good play but they don’t make up for the downsides in his game, he’s like a cross between Josh Reynolds & Brad Morrin

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That photographer would have been happy as a pig in shit he hit the jackpot that day.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really have nothing positive to say about Elliott or mad Monday.. let’s hope his skills are better this year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: or he can take a walk.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less about an old story like this,nice he is sorry and all that
My only concern is seeing a first grade performance from him every single week
Prove his worth & justifie the contract

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If only Cleary was still at the Tigers. We need to offload a few more players before 2021 if we want to be serious contenders.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His best skills are knocking on in our own 20m and dropping grubbers back to the opposition to gift them tries..... oh and dumb penalties when we have teams pinned down their end

He comes up with the odd good play but they don’t make up for the downsides in his game, he’s like a cross between Josh Reynolds & Brad Morrin
he’s like a cross between Josh Reynolds & Brad Morrin lol.