Bulldogs open door for SBW return 12 years after he walked out

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I've gotten over it but I'm not going to forgive and forget.. I just don't think he's the champion player and professional people make him out to be.

He always goes wherever the most money is and deserves no credit for the Roosters winning comps. They were winning before and after his stint there. Anyway, I'm sick of talking about him. He's 35 years old and way past his best yet the media hype him up as if it's the 21 year old version.
Mate just like when Cronk went to the roosters, they were winning but couldn't get over the hump. Cronk come and changed the mentality, the biggest thing is the last 10%. Not only that the kids learn that 90% isn't good enough. SBW won't win us games in the short term it's what he changed behind the scene that will win us games for the next 5yrs. SBW Cronk Smith these guys bring that mentality. SBW will teach kids, attack more players and sponsors than out TPA would match roosters. The respect he has from the the kids not only Polynesian boys is massive. Remember dib tried and failed to bring him a few years ago. This is a huge deal for the club, Baz, and players if he comes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate just like when Cronk went to the roosters, they were winning but couldn't get over the hump. Cronk come and changed the mentality, the biggest thing is the last 10%. Not only that the kids learn that 90% isn't good enough. SBW won't win us games in the short term it's what he changed behind the scene that will win us games for the next 5yrs. SBW Cronk Smith these guys bring that mentality. SBW will teach kids, attack more players and sponsors than out TPA would match roosters. The respect he has from the the kids not only Polynesian boys is massive. Remember dib tried and failed to bring him a few years ago. This is a huge deal for the club, Baz, and players if he comes.
I completely agree about Cronk's influence because he's a champion player who is like a coach on the field but disagree about $BW.. That kind of influence we don't need at the club.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The NRL doesn't need Sonny Bill, its all a bit cringeworthy seeing the Roosters accommodate anyone anytime, why don't they bring JT back while they are at it.
not the worst idea better of prying a cronk, Slater or JT out of retirment for 1 year

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Made up shit by Weedler...... Not one quote from the club. I wouldnt want this guy to return , even if he played for free.
This seems most likely. Can't think of a reason we would get sbw for a cameo. One would have also thought we might have learned our lesson about overpaying for players by now. And I'm sure he wouldnt be cheap. He never has been

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree. Older Roosters players still talk publicly now about the great influence (game preparation, diet, professionalism) Sonny had on them and say they still practice some of his methods "to this day". In days gone by I remember when we had young teams and we bought a very experienced international forward (at the end of their career) to teach the others and it did teach the others because we had premiership success in the years after - players like Kevin Ryan, Bob McCarthy, Gary Stevens, Bruce McGuire, Bradley Clyde. A coach can only talk, but a player - a teammate can lead by example, become a role model and get others to follow.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He isnt the player he used to be , but, the positives for our club would be endless if we picked Sbw up. He would bring a diff type of professionalism to the club, young cubs like Ogden Toomaga etc would benefit so much with him as their mentor and would take their game to next level. Not to mention extra bums on seats, attracts other players to the club. And so much more...

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to go forwards ,he fucked off and it was probably the best decision he ever made,but a comeback no thx

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Weedler loves nothing more than to create issues for the club so he writes rubbish to do that. SBW will never play for anyone but the roosters in the NRL.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Respectfully my advice to the Laundys
If your intentions are to help the Bulldogs based on being supporters ...
1 Make it happen first then talk about it.
2 Do not involve your selves in the politics of the club.
3 Do don't allow you decisions to be hijacked by individual's gains
4 As for $BW majority of us do not want it to happen, the Andersons and Hill initially didn't want it to happen then they agreed to let him join us, then the Toronto Wolves $10 ml offer came through...
What makes anyone think that $onny will sacrifice that now ???

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's great to have a new sponsor and $$, but I'm concerned about the Laundy's having too much influence.

It could work well, but there's a lot of risk.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I don't see any upside to SBW to us or anyone else. We as bulldogs fans cringed about the great comeback in 2013 but the difference then he still had xfactor.. This time the whole rugby league community is cringing. Other than weidler who is keeping the flame burning most league commentators are implying the game has past him.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
It’s like Ronaldo going back to Man U it’s not going to happen

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: $BW is a ****.... what he did to the team, clu and fans was disgusting. He didn’t even apologise properly. He can be known as a rooster. Fuck him!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its great that the laundys want to bemore involved in the club, but im not sure how i feel about them being involved in recruitment issues.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it bother anyone else that the Laundy's have been a sponsor for two weeks and already they're in the media every two seconds talking about the influence they want to have? Politis is the chairman of that club. Your family are sponsors. Maybe put tens of millions into the club and help us win comps like Politis has first before you start putting yourselves in that category.

This is just another Weidler fluff piece blowing $BW and the Roosters. He's not coming back and no one wants him back. He'll probably do fuck all for the Roosters this season anyway. I'm sick of hearing about this mental midget.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love to see him want to try to repay us. He definitely owes us.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i have more chance of winning lotto than sbw returning to bulldogs, far more prestige in winning a premiership ring with cash bonus playing for the roosters than getting a wooden spoon and honest wage at the dogs