Bulldogs on fast track to success under Barrett

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dylan Edwards hands were exactly the same as DWZ's in 2019. The next year he was safe as houses. A lot of our players will play better in a competitive roster. 2022 we'll have a top 8/competitive roster. Our roster and coaching staff has improved overall this year.
Ive had negative things to say about a couple of our players in recent years.
But I feel we now have a coach that I think would identify individuals weaknesses, play players to their strengths in their ideal positions and work to get the best from them.
As you pointed out, coaching staff has improved. Im inclined to think greatly improved but Im not close to the club or know what happens there.
Its anoying that Napa got injured. Would have liked for him to have had a complete off season training at 100% capacity.
Then we'd know for sure if he has anything to offer in a fast paced modern game.
Anywho's, without getting carried away I think we will see much improvement win or lose from our team.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ had a shocker last year - i'm hoping he's no longer applying butter to his fingers before kick off. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more soul crushing tackles either - one of the only highlights of last year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Its like playing in a shit band. When everyones just casual your not going to play well as a unit. The amount of times ive read dumb footy in regards to our team the last couple of years.
When you have a band leader that knows music, can actually write good songs and everyone in the band practices for a common goal, well you lift your game. Everone feeds off each other and improves.
Im hoping this is the case with everyone in the team.
Some will obviously improve more than others.
Cliff Burton once played on the wing?? :-).

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im just hoping the boys have finally perfected the one out till 5th into crossfield kick game plan

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bass player for Metallica, died in 1987 in a bus crash in Sweden, I didn't know he played in the NRL ;)
Interesting guy, his first band was called EZ-Street, which is a San Francisco Bay area topless bar (one for BeastMode to look up).

Go Dogs
I know, I was responding to @SPEARTAKVIDREFS comparison to good band leaders. Cliff was widely respected as not just a quality bassist but an arranger who brought real musicianship to Metallica, peaking at Master of Puppets not long before he died. I don’t know how true the story of Jason Newstead’s bass lines being deliberately mixed low on And Justice for All is but it may have been a nod to Cliff, a low act to the new bassist who probably didn’t want to rock the boat on his first album or just crap production on great songs. Anyway, back to DWZ :-).

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
“Also in training everything is high speed, everything is fast. Everything is moving all the time which is game-like
“This has probably been the hardest preseason I’ve ever done and in saying that the hard ones I’ve had I’ve had a good year and the team has done really well so we’re looking forward to this year,” he said

Wtf where we doing previous seasons then? I would've thought this is basic 101 pre season training

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wtf where we doing previous seasons then? I would've thought this is basic 101 pre season training
different attacking structure obviously, sounds like Tbaz is playing at the line fast and flat, where as pay was deep and out the back most plays.
Tbaz has adapted where pay didnt

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I know, I was responding to @SPEARTAKVIDREFS comparison to good band leaders. Cliff was widely respected as not just a quality bassist but an arranger who brought real musicianship to Metallica, peaking at Master of Puppets not long before he died. I don’t know how true the story of Jason Newstead’s bass lines being deliberately mixed low on And Justice for All is but it may have been a nod to Cliff, a low act to the new bassist who probably didn’t want to rock the boat on his first album or just crap production on great songs. Anyway, back to DWZ :-).
100% true and you can listen to the remaster and the difference is night and day

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on people , it’s a given.. we don’t need anyone telling us TBAZ is legend !!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The opposition may actually have to do a video session before they face us this year.

Last year the opposition coaches just said, hold formation, absorb the 5 settlers and diffuse rubbish kick at end of set..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Also in training everything is high speed, everything is fast. Everything is moving all the time which is game-like.
This is what I wanted to here - I love that line. We've always looked so fucking slow in everything we did but Baz looks like he is finally changing that. No wonder he didn't want that plodder Tolman.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ really has to develop his game a bit more. Running it hard and straight is exciting to watch but 9/10 he gets smashed and he's always a chance of losing the ball. He is still only 25 so he still has time on his side.
Agreed. Im seeing a big year coming up for him though! Hes a quality player who has been surrounded by park footballers and a pub league coach. Thank fuck that cappuccino got him over the line to sign initially..