News Bulldogs on channel 9

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not mentally prepared to be in the bottom 4 next year, hopefully he coaches as well as he interviews !
No way will we finish bottom. 4. Fringe 8 worst case - and that's if we don't get Burton early. If we improve our fitness and defence, which Baz seems to be focusing on, worst case we'll be between 9-12

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won’t be Benji, if Burton is not released for ‘21, expect Seder to be announced as a stop gap.
That sounds plausible because isn't Benji about to sign with the Sharks anyway. He's not going to wait another month for us to make a decision based on us waiting for Penrith to decide on Burton

So has your source told you that we've already signed Burton for 22 or are you assuming he has signed based on the mail you've read on TK?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Translation:
In case you haven't been watching, this side couldn't catch a pie off the counter (is this a saying?).
Speed and reflexes are everything in sport (Cameron Smith), but you don't understand so why am I wasting my time explaining it to you? Your like DinkumDog with the AGM that didn't exist (fake AGM bait thread), lol. If you were not at the buffet, ding dong (the witch is dead), you could of been a part of it, but you're too loud, so you feed your face (shame on you... :tonguewink: ).
Great translation, but still have to say I'm none the wiser as to the key message/s.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds plausible because isn't Benji about to sign with the Sharks anyway. He's not going to wait another month for us to make a decision based on us waiting for Penrith to decide on Burton

So has your source told you that we've already signed Burton for 22 or are you assuming he has signed based on the mail you've read on TK?
Benji is in no position to dictate terms. At 36 when season ‘21 commences; wants a big $$$final contract & wants to stay in Sydney, he’ll more than likely retire and take up a full time media role.
Sezer has a clause in his SL contract allowing him to sign with an NRL Club. This will depend on Panthers/Bulldogs negotiating an early release for Burton; may involve a player swap still giving us 3 roster positions to fill.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Great translation, but still have to say I'm none the wiser as to the key message/s.
Not saying I agree with it, but what he is saying is a tennis BALL is a smaller, faster foot BALL, so used appropriately it improves reflexes in catching and passing. Much the same as The Don used to practise batting with a golf BALL as it was a smaller faster cricket BALL, so used appropriately he believed it improved his reflexes for batting. In simple terms, they are all BALLS.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benji is in no position to dictate terms. At 36 when season ‘21 commences; wants a big $$$final contract & wants to stay in Sydney, he’ll more than likely retire and take up a full time media role.
Sezer has a clause in his SL contract allowing him to sign with an NRL Club. This will depend on Panthers/Bulldogs negotiating an early release for Burton; may involve a player swap still giving us 3 roster positions to fill.
I’d take Sezer for a year over Benji for sure he’s a much better stop gap option. Sezer probably wants to get the hell out of England with a young family too.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Incase u have not been watching, this side couldnt catch a pie off the counter,
Speec and reflexes are everything in all sports, but u dont understand so why am i wasting my time, your like dinkum dog and natalie with the agm yyhat didnt exsist, lol. If u were not at the buffet ding dong u could of been part if it, but your too loud so u just feed your face.
Wtf are u goin on about ? I dont give a rats arse about u or your shitty opinion. Bothered **** please in future don’t waste your time

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That would be @Natboy.
Ah! I was wondering the same.

SHIT! Was practicing my 'nice talk' as I didn't know there was a woman present on here. And it turns out to be only @Natboy? Though, I have heard you're a bit of a looker Nat so .... How you doing?
Hahaha I don’t know why this illiterate inbred drunk hick always mentions me. I don’t even speak about her. Remember when she called me a gulah instead of a galah & wanted to fight me? hahaha

Thanks Tassie. I don’t want to give myself a wrap but how could I ever compete with the drugged goats and sheep drunk18 ploughs into after a few rums

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take Sezer for a year over Benji for sure he’s a much better stop gap option. Sezer probably wants to get the hell out of England with a young family too.
The sticking point is Sezer at 29 is looking for a 2-3 year deal given it will most likely be his last contract. It will come down to the $$$$. There are still Plans C&D if it doesn’t eventuate.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sticking point is Sezer at 29 is looking for a 2-3 year deal given it will most likely be his last contract. It will come down to the $$$$. There are still Plans C&D if it doesn’t eventuate.
Is plan C or D TBaz wearing the 6? Would transform our attack

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't want to see what C or D are if B is Sezer lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If we’re talking stop-gaps if Burton doesn’t come (or come until ‘22) - why do we need to sign anyone now that we’ve got The Flange?

To me that points to Baz thinking Averillo is more 1 than 6 and doesn’t believe either Lewis or Wakeham are capable of filling the other half role for 2021.

It can’t simply be a matter of filling roster spots because if it was we could do that in a couple of different positions.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If we’re talking stop-gaps if Burton doesn’t come (or come until ‘22) - why do we need to sign anyone now that we’ve got The Flange?
To me that points to Baz thinking Averillo is more 1 than 6 and doesn’t believe either Lewis or Wakeham are capable of filling the other half role for 2021.
It can’t simply be a matter of filling roster spots because if it was we could do that in a couple of different positions.
If we get Burton early (ie; next season) then Barrett can develop the halves combination earlier (than if we have to wait until 2022). Barrett is building, not looking to change the world in one year. He looks to be thinking seasons ahead, which he can do because or Cap is in order and can be managed to the average number (~10) or so players off contract every year.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I looked him up and he plays for Huddersfield.
Very interesting if true. Ian Watson has left his coaching role at Salford to go to Huddersfield, he did some great work with the red devils so I think it would be odd for Aidan to leave

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If we get Burton early (ie; next season) then Barrett can develop the halves combination earlier (than if we have to wait until 2022). Barrett is building, not looking to change the world in one year. He looks to be thinking seasons ahead, which he can do because or Cap is in order and can be managed to the average number (~10) or so players off contract every year.
Yeah, that’s my point Twin - obviously the ideal outcome is Burton in ‘21 but absent of that, since Baz is looking longer term why does someone like Sezer for a year make sense?

Green I at least understood at the time - he was signed stop-gap when Foran was leaving and it was pre-injury and before signing Flanno. A similar solution in Sezer or Benji doesn’t make much sense to me with Flanno now onboard and with other halves already at the club (granted who aren’t longer term solutions and I don’t want to open the Lewis/Wakeham can of worms).