News Bulldogs on brink of civil war as coup to remove board trio begins

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They wouldn't want to name them till the vote is successful.

I assume if the vote is successful then they will announce plans going forward and another vote will take place with a few weeks later to establish the board.
So, your suggesting that more than 50% of the voting members will vote to remove the three mentioned with no idea who is behind the push or who the new three board members will be..Why on earth would any member go for this when they can all be turfed with a total new board in little over a years time anyway???

I love a bet so anyone that believes this will happen with nothing other than a pitch about why they should be removed and no info who will replace them, please PM me your bet.

P.S Whoever is behind this, HAVE SOME BALLS AND PUT YOUR HAND UP.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, your suggesting that more than 50% of the voting members will vote to remove the three mentioned with no idea who is behind the push or who the new three board members will be..Why on earth would any member go for this when they can all be turfed with a total new board in little over a years time anyway???

I love a bet so anyone that believes this will happen with nothing other than a pitch about why they should be removed and no info who will replace them, please PM me your bet.

P.S Whoever is behind this, HAVE SOME BALLS AND PUT YOUR HAND UP.
I actually don't think it will happen, I was simply saying that I assume that's the process, and that's why they have not names any possible replacements at the moment.

My post was a reply to a question asked earlier, not necessarily what I'd prefer to happen.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually don't think it will happen, I was simply saying that I assume that's the process, and that's why they have not names any possible replacements at the moment.

My post was a reply to a question asked earlier, not necessarily what I'd prefer to happen.
Sorry Caveman, I wasn't implying you were I was more reacting to the notion that 500+ members would vote blindly on the basis of these 3 are so bad they need to go now and not in a years time. If there was a genuine alternative with a game plan and solid commercial connections and experience it wouldn't happen the way it is. Personally I think its one of possibly three scenarios.
  1. A vindictive motive by Coorey and his followers in return for his ousting and or possibly concerns about Laundy future plans.
  2. A Dib connected push and attempt to get back in the via back door.
  3. Or, something left field that has the Laundy's behind it to get him or associates on the football board.
From the shadowy way they are going about things unless there is a "Super Professional" presentation on the night with an amazing well funded plan and highly appealing candidates to replace the three I cant see it happening. Plus this would definitely rule out options 1 and 2 as they are incapable of such a presentation and plan.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They wouldn't want to name them till the vote is successful.

I assume if the vote is successful then they will announce plans going forward and another vote will take place with a few weeks later to establish the board.
That is something that worries me

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever the reasons and whatever the power plays, the reality is that Lyn et al have not had the skill nor ability to gather everyone together and have everybody singing from the same song sheet. They have had 3 years to do it but is ending in splintering the club asunder.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Caveman, I wasn't implying you were I was more reacting to the notion that 500+ members would vote blindly on the basis of these 3 are so bad they need to go now and not in a years time. If there was a genuine alternative with a game plan and solid commercial connections and experience it wouldn't happen the way it is. Personally I think its one of possibly three scenarios.
  1. A vindictive motive by Coorey and his followers in return for his ousting and or possibly concerns about Laundy future plans.
  3. Or, something left field that has the Laundy's behind it to get him or associates on the football board.
From the shadowy way they are going about things unless there is a "Super Professional" presentation on the night with an amazing well funded plan and highly appealing candidates to replace the three I cant see it happening. Plus this would definitely rule out options 1 and 2 as they are incapable of such a presentation and plan.
I think your on the money, but I don't think it will go through, there's to much uncertainty about it all.

I also don't think Laundy is involved cause I'm pretty sure one of the people being voted out is in business with him.

Just hope it gets sorted fast, and the club can move forward 8n a cohesive manner.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever the reasons and whatever the power plays, the reality is that Lyn et al have not had the skill nor ability to gather everyone together and have everybody singing from the same song sheet. They have had 3 years to do it but is ending in splintering the club asunder.
It is a given that when things aren't going well rumblings will always occur, I for one cannot blame Lyn or anyone at the club for not signing the players we would like to have at the club, Napa DWZ were signed because they could not sign anyone else (panic signings), just like Foran and Woods by the previous board. and I believe that our clubs problems including the signing of players is as a result of the continuing maligning of our club by outside forces. I only watch Fox but when I went into our club's website I clicked on the highlights of our game against the rabbits, when we led 24/ 16 Jed Cartwright dropped the ball when about to score and Mr Gould said " O my God" is this not proof that he wanted us to lose, like he has done in every other game involving our club, AND SOME AT OUR CLUB INCLUDING MANY OF OUR FANS WANT HIM WORKING FOR OUR CLUB.
However I think that this board did not realise just how difficult it would be to attract players, prior to been elected, many of our supporters are still not aware of the problem, or able to face it even today.
As for not recruiting juniors they may have been able to do a better job if they had been aware of the problem earlier, but then the young are more likely to be influenced by their parents, and most of their parents are likely to follow the game and tune in on the RL programs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"The coup is believed to have been driven by one of the club's primary sponsors,"

If its one of the clubs primary sponsors it can't be that hard to identify which one and ask the question why? Why would a sponsor devalue their own investment by bringing the club back to its knees as its trying to get up? Makes zero business sense to me. And if the sponsor is reckless enough to de-value their own investment, it hardly qualifies them to be part of running the club.

If the coup fails and the sponsor is identified, would you want to see the current board cut ties with them? I realise it's a no win situation for the club, but it has to make a stand and send a message about who's in charge at Belmore!
If by chance Laundy managed to seize control of both boards, you'd wonder if some of the poker machine licences would be sold cheaply to clubs/pubs he's profiting from.

I'm looking at the timing of all this and getting a sneaking suspicion that Laundy may be trying to run a coupe. As mentioned above, if he seized control of the two boards in a covert way it might mean that he could virtually steal poker machines from the leagues club. Assuming that he got three cronies in place on the footy club board and there were a couple of leagues club board members he could buy off he'd have the power to possibly do this.

Given that a poker machine licence is generally sold for an excess of a million dollars. There'd be huge money to be made.

I don't know Laundy at all and all I've heard are good things about him on here. But with millions of dollars at stake and the financial foundation of our club, I'd be very cautious about letting him anywhere near the board room.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any member able to vote should have a serious look at the fact that things are starting to look up in regards to football club matters, and many are beginning to feel optimistic for 2021. Complete new coaching staff, new sponsor, money to spend. So I'm starting to think that those wanting to replace 3 members of the board (why only 3), realise that their chance to get in is now, because if they wait for the schedule Feb. 2022 AGM, they very probably wont have a hope in hell.
As for the 3 they want to replace.
(1) The chair usually only has to chair and keep order at the meetings is there any evidence that Lynn hasn't been able to do the job, I remember some time ago she tore strips out of a journalist for an adverse report about the club
(2) Dunn, is his contribution any worse than the 4 on the board who are not been challenged.
(3) Ballesty, we hear that they want him out because he has/had a business deal with Laundys, good luck to him I say, hardly a hanging offence.
I have become convinced that those wanting a spill have a personal gripe against those 3, ( by personal I mean just that PERSONAL), and they are trying to oust the 3 because they realise that they will not be able to oust the whole board.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Proxies are allowed, so we don’t have to “turn up“ to vote.

Go Dogs
Yes they are, however, based on comments made on TK there will be members who adopt an "I can't be bothered" approach.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lynn and the current board has been far too conservative. We could have at least been aggressive on junior recruitment in the last 3 years. I just cant see anything exciting on our horizon on that front. As for ticking off on DWZ, Katoa & Napa. All 3 have been shocking buys. Then we have Foran who we kept when we should have just horse traded him out. Really the last 3 years have been stagnantion and indecision. Did they achieve any of the pillars they talked about? Seriosly our current board are just a bunch corporate inepts on a gravy train getting free salary and having meetings that achieve nothing.
Is it the board or certain members of the board who are the problem? People on TK have been vocal about Lynne's time at the Titans? People have whinged about her self interest and her Agenda. Could she be the problem?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If by chance Laundy managed to seize control of both boards, you'd wonder if some of the poker machine licences would be sold cheaply to clubs/pubs he's profiting from.

I'm looking at the timing of all this and getting a sneaking suspicion that Laundy may be trying to run a coupe. As mentioned above, if he seized control of the two boards in a covert way it might mean that he could virtually steal poker machines from the leagues club. Assuming that he got three cronies in place on the footy club board and there were a couple of leagues club board members he could buy off he'd have the power to possibly do this.

Given that a poker machine licence is generally sold for an excess of a million dollars. There'd be huge money to be made.

I don't know Laundy at all and all I've heard are good things about him on here. But with millions of dollars at stake and the financial foundation of our club, I'd be very cautious about letting him anywhere near the board room.
So go to the Twin Willows and have a chat with him.

Bistro gone downhill but if you grab meal hell come up to you and say hello.

If you go on Melbourne cup all the dogs player normally go there as well. Also on Melbourne cup they do put a different spread of food usual good costing $30 or 40.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone how they are going to be able to vote. Indoors is cap 150 for memory because of covid 19.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone how they are going to be able to vote. Indoors is cap 150 for memory because of covid 19.
Not known yet but likely proxies will be involved.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Laundy is eligible to vote in the Football Club, I'll have to check the constitution but it's unlikely that he could be elected to the Board if he can't even vote. He could of course try the puppeteer route, but the strings are easily broken.

Go Dogs