News Bulldogs on brink of civil war as coup to remove board trio begins

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if I am right because like I said the deals have already been worked out. Mind you, if they dont get 500+ nothing will happen except more fracture..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a football club member. I didn't sign the document. I will ask you guys this:

Why did Ballesty and Anderson fail to tell the other Board members about Ballesty's financial interest in the Laundy Group? Does good corporate governance require disclosure of such a material fact?

Remember the pressure they were under to find a sponsor. If you believe the media articles a zero payment by the Laundy Group in 2020 and $500K next year. Is that a good deal? Do we have the right to seek answers?

Why didn't the Chair seek the approval of her elected board? Isn't it up to the Chair to promote and seek harmony or is it the role of the Chair to dictate what the board should do without seeking agreement based on the principal of "majority rules"?

You do know she wanted to resign Pay!!

Just some food for thought.

If an EGM is called I will attend to listen to the arguments of both sides. I will make a decision at that time.
I'll defiantly be asking a couple of questions about the Laundy deal.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone still think it's a media beat up?

Thank F@ck this will be sorted before next season. Clean the place out from top to bottom. Sure we don't know what the new CEO or board will bring but all I know is this current mob need to go now!!!

Well done to the ex players getting involved and saving the club they helped create.

Bring it on!!!
All depends who the ex players are,because as our current board has a lot of ex players,and I just think we need people with a business background,who are not attached to anyone or anything,the self interests are ruining our club,we need to weed these toxic people out of our club,or we will have the same bullshit infighting again,I’m pretty sure most of us know who these toxic weeds are.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone clear up a few things for me as I am a voting member. Lets say this all goes to their plan & the three are out, how does the new chairman then get decided ? because I have concerns appointing a newbie as our chairman.
I assume the board appoint their own chairperson as per normal unless their is some special by law for a EGM.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my humble opinion on the sponsorship arrangement. Rashays was a mil a year and laundys 500k. Whilst there's obviously an initial dollar discrepancy upfront, a hotel chain versus a restaurant chain without the same diversity and number of patrons a hotel would have, I feel in the long run it's a better deal. The bulldog brand would get more exposure. The owner himself is more active in his passion for the team he's sponsoring. How much say he has time will tell. I don't mind the idea of him personally going to the country to entice Staines and Burton's parents. This is bringing some old fashioned family persuasion back to the way things where done at the club and provided long time success. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the current board, but if this is all because someone got removed from his position for doing the wrong thing than it's pretty childish. I would also like to know who the opposing candidates are before I vote.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not pro-Anderson’s BUT they should be given the opportunity to finish their tenure. They have been reiterating that we won’t be competitive until the salary cap fiasco was sorted and the date they have been saying was 2021?
We’ve allowed them 3 seasons to try and manufacture this plan and bring it to fruition, so why now would you try and disband them and remove them on the “home stretch”?
if they fail to live up to their promises by the end of 2021 they’ll have to fall on their own swords anyway.
I was never a fan of the Anderson’s and their team but they are here. Let them have until the end of 2021.
You hit the nail on the head.. ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If I remember rightly it's not a simple majority, maybe 2/3rd's of the votes?

Go Dogs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Interesting.

Few less jokes here...so much for those “in the know”.

clubs sadly a basket case. Hope we finally get it right and ensure the right people are in charge, whoever they are.

It’s clear there is some involved that are out of their depth and some that are not
Putting the club first.

Don’t care who they are or what they or their family did but it’s time we get it right ffs. Sick of this shit as all fans with their hearts in the right place would Be just wanting to see us on the right path after so long off it.

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The coup is believed to have been driven by one of the club's primary sponsors,"

If its one of the clubs primary sponsors it can't be that hard to identify which one and ask the question why? Why would a sponsor devalue their own investment by bringing the club back to its knees as its trying to get up? Makes zero business sense to me. And if the sponsor is reckless enough to de-value their own investment, it hardly qualifies them to be part of running the club.

If the coup fails and the sponsor is identified, would you want to see the current board cut ties with them? I realise it's a no win situation for the club, but it has to make a stand and send a message about who's in charge at Belmore!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am a football club member. I didn't sign the document. I will ask you guys this:

Why did Ballesty and Anderson fail to tell the other Board members about Ballesty's financial interest in the Laundy Group? Does good corporate governance require disclosure of such a material fact?

Remember the pressure they were under to find a sponsor. If you believe the media articles a zero payment by the Laundy Group in 2020 and $500K next year. Is that a good deal? Do we have the right to seek answers?

Why didn't the Chair seek the approval of her elected board? Isn't it up to the Chair to promote and seek harmony or is it the role of the Chair to dictate what the board should do without seeking agreement based on the principal of "majority rules"?

You do know she wanted to resign Pay!!

Just some food for thought.

If an EGM is called I will attend to listen to the arguments of both sides. I will make a decision at that time.
Also sya they go.

What happens then?

Who replaces them?

And if they are replaced will that just cause more trouble with the remaining board members?

The article does not give names of who is running this and who will be in their places.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"The coup is believed to have been driven by one of the club's primary sponsors,"

If its one of the clubs primary sponsors it can't be that hard to identify which one and ask the question why? Why would a sponsor devalue their own investment by bringing the club back to its knees as its trying to get up? Makes zero business sense to me. And if the sponsor is reckless enough to de-value their own investment, it hardly qualifies them to be part of running the club.

If the coup fails and the sponsor is identified, would you want to see the current board cut ties with them? I realise it's a no win situation for the club, but it has to make a stand and send a message about who's in charge at Belmore!
No, If the coup fails make them pay for the value of the contract.

Why let them off easy.