News Bulldogs on brink of civil war as coup to remove board trio begins

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenty said the 4 remainder board members to choose. Who knows how true that is.
the 3 they want to oust must be that incompetent that their own colleagues dont want to deal with

that's just embarrassing

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
So what if they vote to keep the members they have?
They wont . Look at it the same way the USA put in supportive governments. The sponsor will back the club n current members if they pick someone they want or else they will remove the lot. The danger is if you give someone a taste of power they may never relinquish it. Dictatorship.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That's right. But what happens if only 500 members show up to vote? I assume you will only need a percentage of the 500 to oust the 3.
Proxies are allowed, so we don’t have to “turn up“ to vote.

Go Dogs

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't need to work with the board.

They send a cheque, we stick a board out with their logo on it.

Contracts work both ways. Can't get rid of them if they don't want to go either.

So they can pay up.
Valid points. I hope your board stands their ground.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 10% only create a vote which I think needs 75% of votes favour to pass which I read on the I may wrong.
Creating a vote is the problem imo as that's what the media will latch onto with all manner of headline - "at war, toxic, coup, disruption" etc.

I wrote in another thread I think the constitution of your club needs to be updated and this is an example of why. That 10% threshold probably hasn't changed since Bullfrog and it worked as the board then were all pulling in the same direction. Now that your board has factions, that 10% threshold allows them to create these kinds of votes with the inevitable media feeding frenzy. Not to mention fan/coach/player/staff/sponsor confusion.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are a sponsor who loves the club and puts their hard earned cash into it, don't you think you would want the club to be successful so you ate getting a return on your investment?
100%. But being part of a coup to replace a board sets a bad precedent for a sponsor. If the coup is successful, any interaction between that new board and sponsor will have a pungent waft about it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board lost me when they did not grab Holbrook for coach when he was waiting for the call. Once again the dog’s lack of judgement is proving another club’s fortune.
Are you sure that Holbrook was waiting for the call, and are you sure that if approached he would've been willing to come. Its obvious that our club is finding it hard to sign players we should all know that, so why is it any different with coaches, I believe that Pay was signed because the others approached didn't want to have a bar of our club. One thing that we can be sure of is that WE don't know what our club is doing behind closed. Can you imagine if we were told who the club is trying to sign and more importantly who turned us down and why. We should all know that our club is in a hole and some are trying to dig it out while others are making it as difficult as possible for them.
Personally I do not believe that 4 members of the board are trying to get the other 3 out, I believe that it is the work of someone with a gripe who thinks that he/she is more important than the club.
Those who are not prepared to wait for the next AGM are the skum who would be prepared to destroy the club if they cant have it their own way.
But then again all the talk of this alleged infighting might be the work of the many enemies our club has outside the club.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lynn and the current board has been far too conservative. We could have at least been aggressive on junior recruitment in the last 3 years. I just cant see anything exciting on our horizon on that front. As for ticking off on DWZ, Katoa & Napa. All 3 have been shocking buys. Then we have Foran who we kept when we should have just horse traded him out. Really the last 3 years have been stagnantion and indecision. Did they achieve any of the pillars they talked about? Seriosly our current board are just a bunch corporate inepts on a gravy train getting free salary and having meetings that achieve nothing.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But who are the replacements going to be?

Why won't they say?
They wouldn't want to name them till the vote is successful.

I assume if the vote is successful then they will announce plans going forward and another vote will take place with a few weeks later to establish the board.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are you sure that Holbrook was waiting for the call, and are you sure that if approached he would've been willing to come. Its obvious that our club is finding it hard to sign players we should all know that, so why is it any different with coaches, I believe that Pay was signed because the others approached didn't want to have a bar of our club. One thing that we can be sure of is that WE don't know what our club is doing behind closed. Can you imagine if we were told who the club is trying to sign and more importantly who turned us down and why. We should all know that our club is in a hole and some are trying to dig it out while others are making it as difficult as possible for them.
Personally I do not believe that 4 members of the board are trying to get the other 3 out, I believe that it is the work of someone with a gripe who thinks that he/she is more important than the club.
Those who are not prepared to wait for the next AGM are the skum who would be prepared to destroy the club if they cant have it their own way.
But then again all the talk of this alleged infighting might be the work of the many enemies our club has outside the club.
It’s a combo of things.
Holbrook was not ‘waiting for a call’.
Hill made it clear the club was supporting Pay and no head coach job was available which was what Holbrook wanted.
Yes, Madge turned us down before Pay was appointed.
I largely agree with the rest of your post.