News Bulldogs on brink of civil war as coup to remove board trio begins

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just my humble opinion on the sponsorship arrangement. Rashays was a mil a year and laundys 500k. Whilst there's obviously an initial dollar discrepancy upfront, a hotel chain versus a restaurant chain without the same diversity and number of patrons a hotel would have, I feel in the long run it's a better deal. The bulldog brand would get more exposure. The owner himself is more active in his passion for the team he's sponsoring. How much say he has time will tell. I don't mind the idea of him personally going to the country to entice Staines and Burton's parents. This is bringing some old fashioned family persuasion back to the way things where done at the club and provided long time success. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
The mil a year was just media bullshit to put it on the players who cost us it. Was no where near it and even a lot less than the apparent current 500k deal.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a football club member. I didn't sign the document. I will ask you guys this:

Why did Ballesty and Anderson fail to tell the other Board members about Ballesty's financial interest in the Laundy Group? Does good corporate governance require disclosure of such a material fact?

Remember the pressure they were under to find a sponsor. If you believe the media articles a zero payment by the Laundy Group in 2020 and $500K next year. Is that a good deal? Do we have the right to seek answers?

Why didn't the Chair seek the approval of her elected board? Isn't it up to the Chair to promote and seek harmony or is it the role of the Chair to dictate what the board should do without seeking agreement based on the principal of "majority rules"?

You do know she wanted to resign Pay!!

Just some food for thought.

If an EGM is called I will attend to listen to the arguments of both sides. I will make a decision at that time.
Great post and I’m in exactly the same position and will do the same thing.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given this is a rugby forum with rugby fans.
Perhaps we can make it a Souths forum for the next month?
Everyone's second team, in the hunt for a title. Makes more sense than an English (or sw sydney) soccer team.
Sorry here nasheed. Need to debate you on this thought.
I'm loyal to my team even when they're not performing so well.
Unlike my ex wife who underperformed it was easy to go,NEXT! :grinning:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mil a year was just media bullshit to put it on the players who cost us it. Was no where near it and even a lot less than the apparent current 500k deal.
No it wasn't, the Bulldogs admin was quoted as saying $1mil as were numerous sources.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! If all it takes is less than 10% of voting members to bring about an EGM that would be the first thing I'd be changing. To leave it this easy to cause disruption is a recipe for future upheaval.
The 10% only create a vote which I think needs 75% of votes favour to pass which I read on the I may wrong.

Last edited:

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So now they have handed in their little demand note, are they going to have the balls to suggest who the three are to replace them ? Or are they going to wait until the EGM to introduce their "big" surprise......:nomouth:
Time will tell.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is the timing for this load of fake news. Just when the club was engaging in helping out at a homeless shelter.

While our boys were cooking up meals for those doing it tough, the media were cooking up bullshit stories.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed on a few news pages about what we did instead of Mad Monday, not all bad

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"The coup is believed to have been driven by one of the club's primary sponsors,"

If its one of the clubs primary sponsors it can't be that hard to identify which one and ask the question why? Why would a sponsor devalue their own investment by bringing the club back to its knees as its trying to get up? Makes zero business sense to me. And if the sponsor is reckless enough to de-value their own investment, it hardly qualifies them to be part of running the club.

If the coup fails and the sponsor is identified, would you want to see the current board cut ties with them? I realise it's a no win situation for the club, but it has to make a stand and send a message about who's in charge at Belmore!
If you are a sponsor who loves the club and puts their hard earned cash into it, don't you think you would want the club to be successful so you ate getting a return on your investment?

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also sya they go.

What happens then?

Who replaces them?

And if they are replaced will that just cause more trouble with the remaining board members?

The article does not give names of who is running this and who will be in their places.
They would be replaced and the new board would remain until Feb 2022 when the next Vote would take place. If the new board fails they will be voted out in Feb 2022.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Got some good oil.
This Balkan dude is a fake name.a front.
The real players will reveal themselves in due course

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m over this shit. Sort it out stop acting like children and run the football club

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They would be replaced and the new board would remain until Feb 2022 when the next Vote would take place. If the new board fails they will be voted out in Feb 2022.
But who are the replacements going to be?

Why won't they say?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But who are the replacements going to be?

Why won't they say?
I THINK it's a ploy to back away at any point with full anonymity
I still think it's stupid.
I also think it's stupid I was privately hounded for even hinting at their identities here (in a deleted post) and the hints would only have made sense if someone already had the good oil on it anyway. Just old Lebs being shady, trying to be puppet masters