News Bulldogs on brink of civil war as coup to remove board trio begins

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my humble opinion on the sponsorship arrangement. Rashays was a mil a year and laundys 500k. Whilst there's obviously an initial dollar discrepancy upfront, a hotel chain versus a restaurant chain without the same diversity and number of patrons a hotel would have, I feel in the long run it's a better deal. The bulldog brand would get more exposure. The owner himself is more active in his passion for the team he's sponsoring. How much say he has time will tell. I don't mind the idea of him personally going to the country to entice Staines and Burton's parents. This is bringing some old fashioned family persuasion back to the way things where done at the club and provided long time success. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

As long as the budget is being met there is no issue what's so ever with the deal. Yeah u can get more upfront but as well described this partnership can go anywhere, espescially when the owner of the wealth himself is hands on.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DinkumDog is a good bloke.

While the Andersons and Dibs are at war the Alexander the great will slide in for the victory.

You guys are just too stupid to realise it but within a year we will take over the club. The lebs had a go and failed. Now the Aussies had a crack and failed. Leave it to the Balkans to get shit done.
Pull up. Don't be an Alexander the knob.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we just have a break from Bulldog related shit for a month? Can we make this a Liverpool forum instead or something??!
Given this is a rugby forum with rugby fans.
Perhaps we can make it a Souths forum for the next month?
Everyone's second team, in the hunt for a title. Makes more sense than an English (or sw sydney) soccer team.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Who's who in the zoo.

The 7 Football Club Board Members - Paul Dunn, Adrian Turner, John Ballesty, Lynne Anderson, Joe Thomas, Peter Mortimer and John Khoury.

The 7 Leagues Club Board Members - Paul Dunn, Peter Callaghan, John Ballesty, George Coorey, Dimitrios Koutsouklakis, Stephen Mortimer and Peter Winchester.

The 4 Football Club Members who are on the Board of the Leagues Club are Paul Dunn, John Ballesty, Stephen Mortimer and Peter Winchester.

The 3 non Football Club Members who are on the Board of the Leagues Club are Peter Callaghan, George Coorey and Dimitrios Koutsouklakis.

The great man set it up such that the Football Club would always have a majority on the Leagues Club Board, hence 4 out of the 7. This has not been popular with the Leagues Club Board more than a few times in the history.

Go Dogs

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a mess. When will it end? I hate how much politics and self interests have ruined the fabric of this club for the last decade.
There has always been self interest Radio. It's leadership that's the issue. We haven't had a proper leader since The Frog.

Just like parliament, a good leader keeps everyone in line and the ship on course.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just who is the guy leading this matter (Kolonakakis or something like that). Never heard of him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There has always been self interest Radio. It's leadership that's the issue. We haven't had a proper leader since The Frog.

Just like parliament, a good leader keeps everyone in line and the ship on course.
I'd argue that when results are going well that people tend to turn on each other. Now's the perfect time for those looking after their own self-interests to try and grab a bit more for themselves. The club is at an alltime low so it seems as though people are coming out of the woodwork to grab more for themselves?

I personally can't make head or tail of it all.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll defiantly be asking a couple of questions about the Laundy deal.
Why would a sponsor provide money for about 5 games at the end of the season?
They settled for their name to be displayed.
Better if they commence full sponsorship at the beginning of next season.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just who is the guy leading this matter (Kolonakakis or something like that). Never heard of him.
That is my question as well.

They want members to vote out sitting board members without offering alternatives or outing who is behind this sh!tfight.

Why all the anonymity?

Do they want to give members as little time as possible to do their homework on the replacements before the vote?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All of this shit is getting really old
Trouble is it looks like it's just getting "formally" started.

Lead up to organising EGM. The argey bargey setting a date etc. Jostling for votes, deals.

They'll have to have a smoking gun or something cos I couldn't see the majority willing to vote for this much disruption.

The outcome ...then the recriminations and ill will ....then unless its resolved, the lead up to AGM in 2022.

This could go on till then :(

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it correct that 150+ members have signed a little to overthrow Anderson?

If true, that disappoints me. I'm not here to say she's good or bad, but right now we need a little stability. We've been really active with this new coaching set up bringing in a very good team imo. Still hunting for more players, which ones will be evident after the finals no doubt. New sponsor. Things do look promising so it'd be good to see how this goes rather than nipping it in the bud before we can see which direction it goes in?

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DinkumDog is a good bloke.

While the Andersons and Dibs are at war the Alexander the great will slide in for the victory.

You guys are just too stupid to realise it but within a year we will take over the club. The lebs had a go and failed. Now the Aussies had a crack and failed. Leave it to the Balkans to get shit done.
Yeah, but Alexander the Great was Greek.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would a sponsor provide money for about 5 games at the end of the season?
They settled for their name to be displayed.
Better if they commence full sponsorship at the beginning of next season.
Got no problem with a freebie for this season but I want a answer on the reported $500k for the next two seasons.