Bulldogs NSW Cup Finals 2022

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That draw with Newton cost us big time. Penrith have named their NSW Cup team to start as their NRL team this round. We would've beat Penrith NSW Cup team this week and made the GF qualifier against Newton who we just saw that we could beat.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Both games are scheduled for Saturday. Fox Sports are showing the NRLW instead, so it won't be them! 9 haven't shown any this year either.
My biggest hate about NRLW... It should never be bigger than NSW cup as that's the base for our premium product. You want to have expansion work, then you don't neglect your reserve grade comps by limiting their exposure.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My biggest hate about NRLW... It should never be bigger than NSW cup as that's the base for our premium product. You want to have expansion work, then you don't neglect your reserve grade comps by limiting their exposure.
They are promoting the hell out of it hoping men will watch it like their NRL team. The girls are even being paid out of money earned by the boys. Like many things these days, they are pushing it FAR too hard, to quickly. If the quality is good enough then they earned it. They used to play 30 minute halves & now it's 35. IF they are professional they should play 40.

Last edited:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bears v Panthers will be a cracker.
18 year old Katoa playing in halves, he is Dolphins bound, this is the one we should have signed.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Qualifying Final (2 v 3)
Penrith Panthers v North Sydney Bears
Sat September 3 2022, 3:10pm
at St Marys Leagues Stadium, St Marys

Referees: Cameron Paddy;Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, John Woods;

Penrith Panthers

1. Isaiah Iongi 2. Logan Cohen 3. Samuel Lane 4. William Fakatoumafi 5. Daeon Amituanai 6. Niwhai Puru 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Alec Susino 9. Luke Sommerton 10. Atonio Pelesasa 11. Ativalu Lisati 12. John Faiumu 13. Hohepa Puru

14. Jarrod Brackenhofer 15. Hanna-Jonathan El-Nchar 17. Toni Tupouniua 19. Joe Vaegaau

North Sydney Bears

1. Josh Bergamin 2. Kevin Naiqama 3. Adam Keighran 4. Oliver Gildart 5. Tom Carr 6. Kieran Hayman 7. Sandon Smith 8. Ben Thomas 9. Thomas Deakin 10. Regan Hughes 11. Jacob Preston 12. Joshua Wong 13. Renouf Atoni

14. Ben Marschke 15. Michael Fenn 16. Jordin Leiu 17. Tukupa Hau Tapuha

Elimination Final (4 v 5)
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Parramatta Eels
Sat September 3 2022, 5:15pm
at St Marys Leagues Stadium, St Marys

Referees: Darian Furner;Sideline Officials: Liam Nicholls, Nick Beashel;

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Creedence Toia 2. Jayden Okunbor 3. Paul Alamoti 4. Jeral Skelton 5. Declan Casey 6. Bailey Biondi-Odo 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Jayden Tanner 9. Ryan Gray 10. Chris Patolo 11. Matt Doorey 12. Jackson Topine 13. Harrison Edwards

14. Brandon Clarke 15. Joshua Stuckey 16. Kurtis Morrin 17. Lipoi Hopoi

Parramatta Eels

1. Jordan Rankin 2. Zac Cini 3. Hayze Perham 4. Bailey Simonsson 5. Sean Russell 6. Jack Williams 7. Brendan Hands 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Mitch Rein 10. Ky Rodwell 11. Elie El Zakhem 12. Toni Mataele 13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Jayden Yates 15. Tevita Taumoepenu 16. Dan Keir 17. Solomone Naiduki

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my fucking god. Mounties actually lost by 60. Rigged anyone? Fucking bullshit!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who comes up with this shit what a confusing finals format
You’ve just shown how young you are. This finals format was used for many,many,many years in first grade. Dogs won 4 Grand Finals using this system. This system was the only system used until the top 8 got introduced. It’s the best rewarding system for the minor premiers and rightly so for being the best team all year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The ARL used it until 1995 when they changed to the top 8.

In 1994 we were the minor premiers so had a bye week 1. Beat Canberra 19-18 in week 2. By the time we had to play the GF we had played 1 game in a month. That's why Canberra beat us so easy I believe.
Canberra beat us because they were a team of internationals. Simple. The salary cap back then wasn’t as intensely scrutinized as it is today. The same can be said with the broncos teams of the 90’s. It was basically the QLD origin team with broncos jerseys.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ARL used it until 1995 when they changed to the top 8.

In 1994 we were the minor premiers so had a bye week 1. Beat Canberra 19-18 in week 2. By the time we had to play the GF we had played 1 game in a month. That's why Canberra beat us so easy I believe.
Geez I remember that nightmare of a day so clearly especially when I was watching from my exe's mums and she had visitors so I had to sit there and look calm cool and collected, but inside I was destroying every piece of furniture with a baseball bat especially the tv lol.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at that qualifying game in 94 and GAVE IT to some Faiders fans when we kicked the winning field goal to go through.
VERY glad I didn't go to the grand final, odds on I would have bumped into the same ppl who very much had the last laugh as we got smashed up.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Week 2:

Saturday 1:00pm on NSWRLTV. Newton Jets vs Penrith Panthers - Winner into the GF.
Saturday 5:00pm on NSWRLTV. North Sydney Bears vs Canterbury Bulldogs - Loser eliminated.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Oh and hopefully my boy is cleared to play too