Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously. None of you know the exact circumstances. Adam and his partner may have an open relationship - you don't know. Don't pretend to have the right to be jury and judge without knowing ALL the facts. It is this EXACT issue...of people feeling entitled to dish out punishment without knowing all the facts that simply adds ignorant fuel to the fire. Let it all play out and keep your opinions to yourself until you know the facts.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously. None of you know the exact circumstances. Adam and his partner may have an open relationship - you don't know. Don't pretend to have the right to be jury and judge without knowing ALL the facts. It is this EXACT issue...of people feeling entitled to dish out punishment without knowing all the facts that simply adds ignorant fuel to the fire. Let it all play out and keep your opinions to yourself until you know the facts.
Oh so if Adam and his partner have an open relationship (which I doubt) it's still ok to do the dirty on his mate's wife who based on Lichaa's reaction they clearly don't?

Please, don't try and defend the indefensible for a dog act on his mate. In your court he might be innocent but in mine called the 'Pub' he is guilty as hell!!

Most of us have moved on and he has been handed his punishment. He now needs to earn the respect back.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do realise the Elliott is not an “employee” and as such we can’t sack him. He works for himself not us, he is a “contractor” and he has broken nothing that is in his contract, there are simply no grounds that his contract could be terminated. This was proven by the "NRL’s Independent Appeals Committee" who determined that Okunbor and CHN could not have their contracts “torn up” either.

The fact is he was under no legal obligation to even pay the fine or make an apology. He chose to do it of his own volition, which is why it was carefully worded to avoid any legal repercussions stemming from the apology.

Go Dogs
Twin, that is not facts it’s your assumption.. He may not be on the payroll but he still works for the Club/team and is paid per his contract.

All contracts and work agreements have conditions and clauses providing ample oppitunity to break the contract if breached.

You want to believe that a multi million dollar business would not have provisions to protect it against poor behaviour or actions that bring disrepute to the club? I would be mortified if there’s is not a code of conduct in his and all their contracts.

The case of Okunbor and CHN had more to do with the way the club reacted without proper mediation or consideration for their contracts.

Elliot is far from a 1st time offender.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Twin, that is not facts it’s your assumption.. He may not be on the payroll but he still works for the Club/team and is paid per his contract.

All contracts and work agreements have conditions and clauses providing ample oppitunity to break the contract if breached.

You want to believe that a multi million dollar business would not have provisions to protect it against poor behaviour or actions that bring disrepute to the club? I would be mortified if there’s is not a code of conduct in his and all their contracts.

The case of Okunbor and CHN had more to do with the way the club reacted without proper mediation or consideration for their contracts.

Elliot is far from a 1st time offender.
NRL players are contractors not employees, the terms of their contracts must contain the standard NRL wording, with additions (not subtractions) as agreed by the player and the club ie; the parties to the contract. The Independent Tribunal found that the terms of Okunbor's and CHN's contracts did not allow the club (or the NRL) to terminate their contracts. Whilst it was Okunbor's first offence it was far from CHN's first. Keeping in mind that neither Okunbor or CHN or Elliott for that matter broke any laws, what they did was perfectly legal. Of course there are terms in the standard NRL contracts that deal with criminal activities and specific legal activities such as performance drug taking.

There are no clauses that I have seen that deal with social media beat ups or woke overreaction or media stalking or manic political correctness. The reason for the absence of such is that it would be next to impossible to write in any legal sense and then impossible to enforce.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are no clauses that I have seen that deal with social media beat ups or woke overreaction or media stalking or manic political correctness. The reason for the absence of such is that it would be next to impossible to write in any legal sense and then impossible to enforce.
Go Dogs
Woke overreaction or maniacal political correctness.. Seriously??

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Woke overreaction or maniacal political correctness.. Seriously??
You don't think that it was a gross over reaction that a 26 year old testosterone fuelled male athlete bonked (if that's even what he did) someone else's fiancé? FMD, there would never be another Olympic Games, where they distribute free condoms, if that was a normal reaction level. At the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro 450,000 condoms were distributed, that's 42 condoms for each athlete. That's a lot of bonking and I don't know about you but I find it hard to believe that all of it was between unattached participants.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don't think that it was a gross over reaction that a 26 year old testosterone fuelled male athlete bonked (if that's even what he did) someone else's fiancé? FMD, there would never be another Olympic Games, where they distribute free condoms, if that was a normal reaction level. At the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro 450,000 condoms were distributed, that's 42 condoms for each athlete. That's a lot of bonking and I don't know about you but I find it hard to believe that all of it was between unattached participants.

Go Dogs
WTF has a thousand Olympic athletes rooting have to do with this conversation? Unless of course they were all rooting their best mates missus.. None of what you suggest makes sense unless old mate was part of some swinging love triangle or open relationship as someone on here suggested. If that was the case why did Liicha tear the joint up? Was he dirty they started without him..

Listen there is no point discussing further as you appear to condone friends rooting their missus because its not illegal although once upon a time it was considered adultery. Condoning his behavior is weak as piss in my book, but feel free to support what ever floats your boat.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
WTF has a thousand Olympic athletes rooting have to do with this conversation? Unless of course they were all rooting their best mates missus.. None of what you suggest makes sense unless old mate was part of some swinging love triangle or open relationship as someone on here suggested. If that was the case why did Liicha tear the joint up? Was he dirty they started without him..

Listen there is no point discussing further as you appear to condone friends rooting their missus because its not illegal although once upon a time it was considered adultery. Condoning his behavior is weak as piss in my book, but feel free to support what ever floats your boat.
I'm not condoning anything, simply pointing out the ridiculous overreaction to something that happens probably millions of times per day all over the world. Of course there needed to be a reaction but what happened was a gross overreaction. A more appropriate response would be in line with the the Olympics example, one that is easily fact checked. I think it would be extremely naïve to think that all of the bonking at the Olympics was between unattached people, maybe even between partners of team mates. The fact is no one tore the house down and wanted the athletes involved banned and their contracts torn up. I would also add that plenty of them were also "school girls", but that seems to get glossed over as well. But when it's an NRL player some get all high mighty on their moral's horse and demand their head.

FWIW, Lichaa and Childerhouse aren't married, they are engaged and planning to get married (maybe not), hence my use of the term "fiancé".

Go Dogs

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Is it time we put him on a booze ban since he cant help but act up while under the piss

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is it time we put him on a booze ban since he cant help but act up while under the piss
[/QUOTE]
He should be imposing it on himself as a gesture of good faith, to the club.

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not let go on bender do something stupid and then sack him.

Ps I think he was resigned for overs and using the cash elsewhere would be good.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didnt excuse his actions. Far from it. I simply stated that to make mistakes is to be human. But you seem to think otherwise. That was the point.
Like i said, your clearly unable to catch that point.
I suppose i should also throw in a few F wit slurs as well now.......
I don’t consider his actions a mistake sorry
I wasn’t raised that way nor will I ever accept that a mistake

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t consider his actions a mistake sorry
I wasn’t raised that way nor will I ever accept that a mistake
Oh my god, your still missing the point. It was absolutely a mistake. Theres no denying it. But it was a fucking terrible one! One he will likely regret for the rest of his life. It was fueled by alcohol, which removed his ability to make decent morally correct decisions.
Im sure he did it willingly, but im sure he would consider it a mistake.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand everyone's anger and frustration thinking (oh no ...here we go again) more unnecessary headlines, more shit on the club and now the media is doing cartwheels with not just any story but one that headlines the Bulldogs.

As for his punishment ... Public humiliation is a form of punishment itself, the impact surrounding his family, will weigh down bigger than any fine ... he needs to get his house in order and the Bulldogs need to be supporting him as that extends to his partner and his child.

It's about time the Bulldogs told the media, it's a private matter and is been dealt with internally ... give the media moguls nothing.!!!
Once it's in the media, there's little we can do about it except deal with it in a way that confirms our stance about player off field behavior.
It was serious enough for the police to be called. Had it been a bit of cheating on partners, and no violence, we'd have never known.

Our image is under the spotlight once again - the second time from Elliott.

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
No one does that to their mate. What Elliot did was a dog act. Blaming alcohol is no excuse. He should be deregistered.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Internet explorer?