Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if other fans and people outside of the bulldogs are even following or interested in this story anymore.
No doubt those leeches called journalists will be waiting for an action so they can rehash the story and try and squeeze one last bit of drama out of it

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For context and comparison;

The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued St George Illawarra Dragons player Corey Norman with a breach notice which alleges he brought the game into disrepute after his involvement in a fight on a Cronulla Street on Friday 22 January.

The notice proposes Norman is fined $20,000, suspended for two matches - with one of those matches suspended for a period of 12 months. Norman must also undergo education and training.

Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For context and comparison;

The National Rugby League (NRL) has issued St George Illawarra Dragons player Corey Norman with a breach notice which alleges he brought the game into disrepute after his involvement in a fight on a Cronulla Street on Friday 22 January.

The notice proposes Norman is fined $20,000, suspended for two matches - with one of those matches suspended for a period of 12 months. Norman must also undergo education and training.

Go Dogs
Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was CHN's 3rd offence and the NRL still couldn't sack him.
CHN is now up to 4 offences, with the latest DUI (which is actually a crime), and Canbra haven't sacked him. The NRL haven't even tried to sack him, maybe gun-shy after their last failed attempt.

Go Dogs
Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When they are losing every game cause he can't control it on the field and are getting smashed by penalties they will want him at home on the lounge

He is known as an easy target as it is by the opposition sledgers, few lines of sweet carolina and you can easily put him off his game!
Fucking lol. Whatever.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
When they are losing every game cause he can't control it on the field and are getting smashed by penalties they will want him at home on the lounge

He is known as an easy target as it is by the opposition sledgers, few lines of sweet carolina and you can easily put him off his game!
Thats ok, he can always "helicopter" himself out of there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Really doesn’t matter what you or anyone else but the club’s administration wants. And I think the best you can hope for is a small fine. Even that is unlikely. If you get what you want, good luck to you.... but it’s not looking likely. So you’ll just have to get over it :grinning:
If you get what you want, good luck to you too...if not, you'll just have to get over it :grinning:

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NRL tried that on with CHN and Okunbor and they took it to court and the NRL lost. Obviously CHN and Okunbor's actions were far far worse then Elliott's for many reasons. So if they couldn't make their sackings stick then there is no chance it would stick for Elliott.

Go Dogs
Not suggesting a sacking but can’t ignore it completely and let him off Scott free. A suspension for a few games and or fine might suffice. Let’s see what the club slaps on him next Thursday.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's an apology most important to me.

Front up and wear it in front of your club's supporters for exposing the club to unfair critisisement and bad publicity.

A presser on the Bulldogs site would surfice for me. I want to judge his contrition for bring the clubs values into question We dont need him paraded around, in fact that is worse, but a private apology to fans and the club is called for IMO.

No questions and answers just a heartfelt apology sincerely delivered will enhance his reputation with his fans.

That means more to me than standing down or fines. Although I think a fine to donate to some worthy charity and the ignominy of being sent to reserve grade would be very sobering to him and the rest of the players.

Should never have put himself, the club, us fans into the pisition of yapping on about him.

Now make it right with those as part of his footy club family who have been involved by way of friends bagging us, the frustration of yet more bad publicity and negative press about his personal life that none of us wanted to have any part of.

We're only interested in how he plays his part in our footy team becoming successful again.

He needs to knowledge how his personal life has impinged on his football club and lets move on.
Well said!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not suggesting a sacking but can’t ignore it completely and let him off Scott free. A suspension for a few games and or fine might suffice. Let’s see what the club slaps on him next Thursday.
I don't think that they could even do that .......... and .............. as predicted, they didn't even try.

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If you get what you want, good luck to you too...if not, you'll just have to get over it :grinning:
I got what I wanted. No fine, the club is supporting him as he addresses his binge drinking issues and while he apologised via a statement, he wasn’t unnecessarily paraded in front of the media.

Perfect response by the club. :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I got what I wanted. No fine, the club is supporting him as he addresses his binge drinking issues and while he apologised via a statement, he wasn’t unnecessarily paraded in front of the media.

Perfect response by the club. :grinning:
I got my generic apology which was all we thought the club and supporters would get.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I got my generic apology which was all we thought the club and supporters would get.
All that was needed, imo. The club handled it very well and hopefully Adam can now address the binge drinking problem and focus on his footy and his family. The piss brings many players down, but if he can get on top of it, he can be a big asset to the club on and off the field.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All that was needed, imo. The club handled it very well and hopefully Adam can now address the binge drinking problem and focus on his footy and his family. The puss brings many players down, but if he can get on top of it, he can be a big asset to the club on and off the field.
Hope so, the big dope should have got his act together after MM otherwise it's a waste of a career that fell short of his Australian schoolboys selection. He needs to kick on under Baz and Furner.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure there is some issues been dealt with behind the scenes but not really our concern
As a supporter my focus is attending games and watching a more competitive team run around
Lets hope that we have really turned the corner

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Part of being human is making mistakes.
Love how u said mistakesssssss not mistake
****** a grown arse adult
Wasn’t just a lil mistake either
You wouldn’t be saying the same thing if it happened closer to home

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love how u said mistakesssssss not mistake
****** a grown arse adult
Wasn’t just a lil mistake either
You wouldn’t be saying the same thing if it happened closer to home
Your clearly not bright enough to catch the point. Better luck next time pal.