Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id much prefer he lose a lot more contract money, then miss more games.
I'm guessing he may be losing a whole lot of money if his missed decides this is a deal breaker!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok offence may not be the right word to use but there is a level of conduct required outside the club to adhere to and to ensure players do not bring the club, sponsors and nrl into disrepute...which he has.
No, players have a right to their personal lives and they have a right to make mistakes in their personal lives.as long as they apologise to the club snd their teammates, that should be sll thst is required unless there is a breach of law or COC. I hope the club don’t fine Elliott, because I think thst would be a case of overreach and that is probably the legal advice they have received. Anything more than a fine and demotion from the leadership group would be outrageous.

The media would just love for us to release him so he could go snd realise his potential elsewhere.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t care if he was gone, but at the same time wouldn’t mind seeing the club having some big hairy balls and protecting a player.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the Mitchell Pearce infidelity story broke he was quick to apologise and admit his mistake and all he did was sext a married woman ( working at the club)

For a guy who loves to chat and chat and give his opinion freely and often to the media he has been pretty quiet!

He needs to speak up, say he stuffed up and seek help , only then will this go quiet

He would win more favour with the board then which might save him more then his silence is now.

And those thinking the team will miss out and be punished if Adam doesn't play, the team will be happy he doesn't play.

Adam is easily stirred by opponents, a few lines of sweet carolina gets under his skin can you imagine the comments made to him now on the field?
And a stirred up Adam is always good for a few mistakes and penalties

And thats just on the field! Wait till the opposition fans start calling out!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When the Mitchell Pearce infidelity story broke he was quick to apologise and admit his mistake and all he did was sext a married woman ( working at the club)

For a guy who loves to chat and chat and give his opinion freely and often to the media he has been pretty quiet!

He needs to speak up, say he stuffed up and seek help , only then will this go quiet

He would win more favour with the board then which might save him more then his silence is now.

And those thinking the team will miss out and be punished if Adam doesn't play, the team will be happy he doesn't play.

Adam is easily stirred by opponents, a few lines of sweet carolina gets under his skin can you imagine the comments made to him now on the field?

On what authority can you say his team mates will be happy he doesn't play??? Are you one of them? Highly unlikely. So your just making shit up!!

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On what authority can you say his team mates will be happy he doesn't play??? Are you one of them? Highly unlikely. So your just making shit up!!
When they are losing every game cause he can't control it on the field and are getting smashed by penalties they will want him at home on the lounge

He is known as an easy target as it is by the opposition sledgers, few lines of sweet carolina and you can easily put him off his game!

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
h

how do you know he's easily stirred by opponents though?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they are losing every game cause he can't control it on the field and are getting smashed by penalties they will want him at home on the lounge

He is known as an easy target as it is by the opposition sledgers, few lines of sweet carolina and you can easily put him off his game!
rubbish

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Some people have moved on from the legality of it. The non-offence of it. The non-guideline of it. The non-breach of his contract part of it. You are flogging a dead horse constantly bringing this up.

I can't believe the Cap'n is letting you off on this.

You really need to move on to the club's perspective, out in the big bad sports world of the court of public opinion, and media over hype and our already heavily targetted "bad dogs" tag we constantly get saddled with.

Thats what 99% of fans are framing their opinion around with Elliottgate.

We've discussed it ad nauseam and decided he can stay.

I want an apology.
Heaps want a 10k fine.
Someone wants a 2 game ban.
Someone else wants a 4 game reserve grade stint.
Only a couple want to ditch him.
And only one wants a stoning.

Let Adam know would you please and you can both thank your lucky stars.

No more chances for either of you :grinning:
Really doesn’t matter what you or anyone else but the club’s administration wants. And I think the best you can hope for is a small fine. Even that is unlikely. If you get what you want, good luck to you.... but it’s not looking likely. So you’ll just have to get over it :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really doesn’t matter what you or anyone else but the club’s administration wants. And I think the best you can hope for is a small fine. Even that is unlikely. If you get what you want, good luck to you.... but it’s not looking likely. So you’ll just have to get over it :grinning:
I'd honestly just tell him he has used his last life and will be fucked off if his name appears anywhere apart from tries scored/assisted. The nrlol has left it to us, so fuck them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Umm yes they can on the basis that this is his second offence? Or is it third offence? I'm losing count with this bloke.
On this basis isn't it a breach of contract bringing the club and game into disrepute?
It was CHN's 3rd offence and the NRL still couldn't sack him.
CHN is now up to 4 offences, with the latest DUI (which is actually a crime), and Canbra haven't sacked him. The NRL haven't even tried to sack him, maybe gun-shy after their last failed attempt.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They didn’t go to court. The appeal was heard and the original penalty overturned by the NRL’s Independent Appeals Committee, overseen by a QC, not a Judge.

Rather than get involved in lengthy/costly litigation, the NRL expressed their ‘disappointment’ with the decision but accepted it. It’s an important distinction.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-13/nrl-bulldogs-players-have-contracts-reinstated/12450610
Of course you are correct, my only excuse is that "court" is quicker to type than (copy and paste) "NRL’s Independent Appeals Committee". Same effect though, the NRL contract tearing up (sacking) was not appropriate punishment. If it wasn't in that case of media hysteria I seriously doubt that it could be in this case of social media woke outrage.

Go Dogs