Opinion Bulldogs look short of metres without David Klemmer

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sort of a stupid article. I mean with Klemmer not there someone else takes the hitup, it really is that simple. So it becomes more about quality of the hitup. The fact is that Klemmer has good post contact metres BUT it came at the price of being very slow and allowing the defence to get set. In addition he offered very little in the way of offloads. Personally i really don't rate his slow style. Hopefully we focus on speed of play the ball and offloads and we won't miss him one iota.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its like "Moneyball" we get two guys to replace 1 guy. lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another thing to remember... Klemmer hasn't been as good since he was told to knock off the goose step running. He relies on others around him to bring out his best.

I do hope Knights get the spoon this year :D

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh, who cares what these flogs write.
Let them write us off and we can play with out backs to the wall.
Hit them hard boys.,

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Bulldogs also short on egotistical, simple, handbags since he left.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klemmer may have made the metres but he was slow to play the ball, did not really bend the line.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer may have made the metres but he was slow to play the ball, did not really bend the line.
It will be interesting if we get more penalties for us this year with a quicker play the ball and the 10 meters not easily set by teams, I’m hoping that’s what Nappa and sue can provide

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be interesting if we get more penalties for us this year with a quicker play the ball and the 10 meters not easily set by teams, I’m hoping that’s what Nappa and sue can provide
Mate, the boys practiced ad nausea getting up off the ground quickly even with a player trying to impede them from doing so. Get to their feet with basically a bloke leaning on them and staying balanced enough to play the ball properly and quickly.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This forum is in denial about how big of a loss he is.

He's the premier front rower in the game, and was our Player of the Year in 2016 and 2018.

We're definitely weaker without him unless a couple of our young bulls can really step up this year.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Far out who needs Klemmer anyway. He has made the most metres because he touched the ball way too many times. Napa doesn’t have as much metres because Cronk, Latrell, Ferguson and Keary (creative playmakers) touched the ball more.

Also, I was re- watching some nrl games of the dogs this year and I can’t highlight how detrimental Klemmer is to our game. I noticed that he is so not agile and his play the ball speed is so slow (and I even noticed that Tolman has a faster play the ball). Glad to see the back of Klemmer. Sue will kill it

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's the premier front rower in the game, and was our Player of the Year in 2016 and 2018.

We're definitely weaker without him unless a couple of our young bulls can really step up this year.
Yes he is a metre eater. But, when a team like the dogs are lacking try scoring ability the last thing you need is someone touching the ball every set (sometimes twice), merely running hard and gaining metres. Klemmer used to touch the ball way too often and let’s face it he never used to create second phase play. Now that Klemmer is gone other players, those with an offload will touch the ball more and create something different. I think our attack will look completely different, for the better, without Klemmer.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he is a metre eater. But, when a team like the dogs are lacking try scoring ability the last thing you need is someone touching the ball every set (sometimes twice), merely running hard and gaining metres. Klemmer used to touch the ball way too often and let’s face it he never used to create second phase play. Now that Klemmer is gone other players, those with an offload will touch the ball more and create something different. I think our attack will look completely different, for the better, without Klemmer.
Sorry pls forgive him for touching the ball so often. Why wouldn't it be when his go-forward is the second best in the competition, second only to Taumalolo.

I felt he'd started to develop some second phase play last year and definitely improved his offload. As a matter of fact he topped the offload count for Dogs forwards last year. We've signed Sue and Napa to compensate and neither of them are the type of creative forward that you're looking for.

It's all well and good being disgruntled about the manner in which he left, but to try and claim we're a stronger team without him is laughable.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer was one of the best sure, but the other sixteen clubs don't have him and don't think for one minute his efforts can't be attempted by the men in white and blue.
No one walks out on the Dogs for more money at the Knights, bad Karma looms.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry pls forgive him for touching the ball so often. Why wouldn't it be when his go-forward is the second best in the competition, second only to Taumalolo.

I felt he'd started to develop some second phase play last year and definitely improved his offload. As a matter of fact he topped the offload count for Dogs forwards last year. We've signed Sue and Napa to compensate and neither of them are the type of creative forward that you're looking for.

It's all well and good being disgruntled about the manner in which he left, but to try and claim we're a stronger team without him is laughable.
I disagree. We’re going for a different style. Our game won’t suit Klemmer anyway. He’s not as big of a loss as you think. Go watch the broncos game when we belted them in Sydney when Klemmer was out suspended. We had so much momentum in that game. It was the best performance from the bulldogs in a couple of years. The guy is over rated...he’s got maximum 3 good years left in him before his body won’t take it anymore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah but would you rather make 10m a hitup, or 15-20m from a hitup and offload at the line?

Klemmer gives you a hitup with no offload, our new recruits and gameplan I reckon is offloading at the line.

Teams like Roosters and Storm have forwards that don't make massive metres, but rather they surge forwards. That's what our gameplan is I reckon. Keep the other team constantly on the back foot in attack.

Bulldogs also short on egotistical, simple, handbags since he left.
Apparently since he left, tissue usage at the club is at an all time low.

he’s got maximum 3 good years left in him before his body won’t take it anymore.
Doubt it ... the little bitch will play as long as he's told to play... even if he has to cry in the shower after every game.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think Klemmer's negative attitude began to undo any benefit he was giving in go-forward anyway. I would choose a cohesive upbeat team who trust and respect each other and the Club than someone who has shifted into self-entitlement mode.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Argument 2: The dogs hold one of the worst stats when attacking within the opposition 20. This suggests that Klemmers’ ability to gain metres and bring the dogs within metres of the try line has not resulted in tries scored. In fact the stats show that the dogs are more likely to score when they aren’t so close to the try line.

Hence, The dogs will not kiss Klemmer and his metres because the dogs don’t even score when they are close to the line.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

no one is saying that he is not a loss nor anyone is saying he is a shit forward, but the article makes him out be like Tamulolo.

He may make meters, but what impact does it have on the opposition when he cant offload, he plays the ball slow and there are no post contact meters.

We are not going to miss him next year, it has already been proven in the 2018 games we won without him.

Reactions: GDR

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Napa in minutes played would have him beat if he’s pulling 71. I would do the maths but cbf when overseas right now.