Opinion Bulldogs look short of metres without David Klemmer

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was a whiney, whinging **** and the playing group had had enough of him in the end. Were glad to see him go.

Have you heard a single player make reference to him since we fucked him off? NOPE!
Not yet ..

Let’s wait for season to start to see what sort of effect klemmers absence is felt ..

Statistics tell you we’ll be missing his input similarly to the Morris brothers. They were dependable and played at a good level consistently although the Morris brothers form dipped considerably last year ..

However , I’m really encouraged with the shape of the team and for all the salary cap issues we’ve managed to navigate and get back on course in a relatively short space in time ..

The roster has gaps and has some weaknesses but I feel confident that we’re at least targeting the right type of players and you just had a feeling the club was all but happy too see the back of woods , mbye and klemmer .

For the record I think klemmers impact or input will be missed in certain areas of our game this year as I think we’ll be playing a good up tempo game which comes with risks and mistakes so there will be stages where you’ll need a good couple of no nonsense hit ups which he done to good effect but overall I don’t think he’ll be as big of a loss some are thinking

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know Fualalo is not very popular amongst kennelers, but he has great potential if he can just show some sort of consistency.. he had some really strong games last year making 130+ metres in a few of them with limited minutes.. unfortunately its few an far between.. they say a prop only starts to come of age in their mid 20's and hes 24.. so maybe its a make or break year for him..

The reason I'm mentioning him is because we are short a prop or 2 and he will have almost certainly feature in the team.

one of his stronger games last year was against the broncoswhen Klemmer was missing.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Fualalo is not very popular amongst kennelers, but he has great potential if he can just show some sort of consistency.. he had some really strong games last year making 130+ metres in a few of them with limited minutes.. unfortunately its few an far between.. they say a prop only starts to come of age in their mid 20's and hes 24.. so maybe its a make or break year for him..

The reason I'm mentioning him is because we are short a prop or 2 and he will have almost certainly feature in the team.

one of his stronger games last year was against the broncoswhen Klemmer was missing.

i personally would have rathered stuck with just tolman, danny, sue and young guys like ofa and renouf T this year then locking us into a big napa contract

Tolman reliable, sue has done a job @ wests for a while, danny has had his moments when given a chance and Ofa came on strong. renouf T yet to do much in FG but has always performed strongly in ressies and i think could make the step up

i still feel we could have just ran with these guys and saved more money to spend on bigger weaknesses (hooker, outside backs in particular) when the oppertunity arose. our cap issues will continue to improve and if these guys didn't step up, then we could have gone back into the market for a big but i was prety confident the guys we have could have done solid jobs sans klemmer without spending on napa

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That whole article just made me want to throw up, talk about a load of crap. Taking his kids to Newcastle for a better life, rubbish, double the National unemployment, nearly 3 times Sydney’s rate, schools and Universities to choose from and their major industries (mining, iron ore, steel, coal, electricity generation) dying under looney green tape.

Fess up,Klemmer you were pussey whipped into it, there is no other reason.

Go Dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really feel if given a chance renouf can fill the void his leg drive and go forward is amazing

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am much more content with Napa coming to us to be Napa, not Klemmer... I think we have enough quality in our pack to cover Klemmer's meters but I am excited that we will have our trademark aggression back.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really hope this year is the year renouf cements himself in our team. dominated in a lot of games in ISP just needs to transfer that to NRL. maybe with a few more games under his belt he will be more comfortable

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa led from the front today. David who?
I'd be stoked if we had Napa and Klemmer but considering we had a better roll on with Napa and Tolman im content with the switch.
Imagine the Knights become a really slow team because of Klemmers slow play the balls.. lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good first hit out for Napa he got through a bit of work

I like that we have some aggression now and hit man

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are still short 1 experienced front rower... Shame big Alex Walmsley signed with St.Helens for so long, would have loved to have him in our colours. Anyone know when Alex Twal is off contract ? would suit our rotations.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good first hit out for Napa he got through a bit of work

I like that we have some aggression now and hit man
I reckon he would have to be a bit off the pace at minute too kiwi dog. America holiday and distractions from big papi lol. So u would think he can only get better with some footy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon he would have to be a bit off the pace at minute too kiwi dog. America holiday and distractions from big papi lol. So u would think he can only get better with some footy.
Iced his knee after the game.

He's only likely to play short stints in between another forward like Sue coming on and punching through.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We could of used Mrs Klemmers 35m he made yesterday....